Semiconductor Manufacturing International CorporationNYSE
Mon, Nov. 7, 7:14 AM
Tue, Nov. 1, 3:01 PM
Wed, Aug. 31, 3:00 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 9:11 AM
Fri, Jun. 24, 11:27 AM
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMI -2.4%) acquires a 70% stake in Avezzano, Italy-based LFoundry for €49M. After the transaction, current owners LFoundry Europe GmbH and Marsica Innovation S.p.A. will each own 15%.
- The deal will boost SMIC's overall capacity from 302.6K 8-inch wafers per month to 342.6K per month.
- LFoundry focuses on automotive, security and industrial-related applications including CIS, smart power, touch display driver ICs and embedded memory.
- Management will host a conference call on Monday, June 27 at 8:30 am Shanghai time (Sunday, June 26 at 8:30 pm ET) to discuss the deal.
Wed, Jun. 8, 3:00 PM
Thu, May 12, 7:53 AM
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE:SMI): Q1 Net income of $61.40M.
- Revenue of $634.3M (+24.4% Y/Y) beats by $10.73M.
Thu, Feb. 18, 6:40 AM
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE:SMI): Q4 net income of $38.6M
- Revenue of $610.1M (+25.6% Y/Y) beats by $14.6M.
Nov. 12, 2015, 9:17 AM
Nov. 10, 2015, 6:18 AM
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE:SMI): Q3 EPADS of $0.10 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $569.85M (+9.2% Y/Y) beats by $12.35M.
Aug. 11, 2015, 6:11 AM
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE:SMI): Q2 EPS of $0.10 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $546.62M (+6.9% Y/Y) beats by $21.04M.
Jun. 24, 2015, 3:59 AM
- Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) has struck a deal to help China's biggest semiconductor foundry upgrade its technology, as it looks to boost its standing in the country following a record $975M antitrust fine.
- Under terms of the agreement, SMIC (NYSE:SMI) will form a joint venture with Qualcomm, Huawei Technologies and Belgian chip research center Imec to develop advanced 14-nanometer chips.
- Qualcomm and SMIC collaborated last year on the production of 28-nanometer chips (the smaller the number, the more advanced the chip).
May 7, 2015, 8:36 AM
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE:SMI): Q1 net income of $55.5M
- Revenue of $509.8M (+13.0% Y/Y) beats by $4.35M.
Apr. 13, 2015, 5:31 PM
- Citing limited upside and a high valuation, BofA/Merrill has downgraded SMIC (NYSE:SMI) to Underperform after the close. Its target remains at $4.97.
- The Chinese foundry closed today near a 52-week high of $6.06.
Feb. 9, 2015, 5:29 PM
- While Qualcomm's (NASDAQ:QCOM) Chinese settlement calls for a 5% royalty rate on multimode 3G/4G devices and a 3.5% rate on other 4G hardware (for "3G and 4G essential Chinese patents"), the rates will be derived from a royalty base of 65% of a device's net selling price.
- Qualcomm's royalty rates are typically derived from an OEM's full sales price. Apple, whose royalty payments are based on the hardware price charged to the company by its contract manufacturers, is a notable exception.
- Existing Chinese licensees will have "an opportunity to elect to take the new [license] terms for sales of branded devices for use in China as of January 1, 2015."
- As part of the settlement, Qualcomm has agreed to expand its existing partnership with Chinese foundry SMIC (NYSE:SMI). Qualcomm struck a deal with SMIC last summer covering the production of 28nm Snapdragon processors.
- TSMC (NYSE:TSM), Qualcomm's primary foundry partner for many years, could see its sales to Qualcomm for older processors (where TSMC's manufacturing process lead relative to SMIC doesn't factor) affected by the SMIC provision.
- QCOM now +3% AH. TSM -0.5%
Feb. 9, 2015, 7:52 AM
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (NYSE:SMI): Q4 net income of $28.4M
- Revenue of $485.9M (-1.2% Y/Y) misses by $2.03M.