Thu, Jul. 30, 1:18 PM
- Standard Motor Products (SMP +6.2%) announces a new buyback allowance of up to $10M worth of its common stock.
- The buyback program is on top of an existing $10M allowance which still has $3M remaining on it.
- Previously: Standard Motor Products misses by $0.22, misses on revenue
- Previously: Standard Motor Products declares $0.15 dividend
Thu, Jul. 30, 8:51 AM
Thu, Jul. 30, 8:34 AM
Wed, Jun. 10, 11:03 AM
- A good part of the automobile supplier sector is ahead of broad market averages with M&A buzz in the background.
- Though Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne has been making quite a bit of noise on the need for major automakers to consolidate, analysts think it's the suppliers with the most to gain from strategic mergers with next-gen vehicles going in different directions.
- Gainers: Lear (NYSE:LEA) +2.0%, Motorcar Parts of America (NASDAQ:MPAA), Cooper-Standard (NYSE:CPS) +2.4%, Strattec Security (NASDAQ:STRT) +1.4%, Gentherm (NASDAQ:THRM) +3.0%, Magna International (NYSE:MGA) +1.7%, American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) +1.5%, Tower International (NYSE:TOWR) +1.5%, Standard Motor Products (NYSE:SMP) +2.2%.
- Previously: Lennox International higher on report of Johnson Controls interest (Jun. 10 2015)
- Previously: Johnson Controls +6% after announcing strategic review (Jun. 10 2015)
Thu, Apr. 30, 11:21 AM
Thu, Apr. 30, 8:41 AM
Thu, Apr. 30, 8:39 AM
Wed, Feb. 25, 8:32 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 5:30 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 8:42 AM
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:13 AM
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:32 AM
Oct. 14, 2014, 10:09 AM
- Auto suppliers are off and running after Goldman Sachs issues some upgrades in the sector with a positive stance on demand.
- Goldman's call on the sector follows a positive spin from Barron's over the weekend.
- Gainers: Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML) +6.0%, American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) +5.7%, Delphi Automotive (NYSE:DLPH) +3.2%, BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) +2.7%, Standard Motor Products (NYSE:SMP) +2.5%, Gentherm (NASDAQ:THRM) +1.9%.
Oct. 11, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Auto supplier stocks look poised for a vibrant rally with global demand strengthening, notes Barron's.
- A strong push by automakers to increase capacity and introduce new models with lower emissions could support the industry for years - while the race by OEMs to compete in China presents the group new opportunities.
- Innovation in self-driving car technology and the growth in electric vehicles/hydrogen-powered cars might also factor in to help demand.
- The auto supplier/parts trade could be relatively short-lived if a forecast from the chief economist from the National Automobile Dealers Association proves correct. Steven Szakaly thinks the U.S. can't support an annual selling rate of over 17M over the long term. Higher interest rates could be a spoiler, he notes.
- Auto supplier/parts stocks: DAN, BWA, MTOR, TRW, FDML, DLPH,GNTX, SMP, AXL, MPAA, ALV, MOD, DLPH, VC, THRM, WPRT.
Jul. 30, 2014, 8:42 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 8:34 AM
SMP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR