Oct. 14, 2014, 10:09 AM
- Auto suppliers are off and running after Goldman Sachs issues some upgrades in the sector with a positive stance on demand.
- Goldman's call on the sector follows a positive spin from Barron's over the weekend.
- Gainers: Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML) +6.0%, American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) +5.7%, Delphi Automotive (NYSE:DLPH) +3.2%, BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) +2.7%, Standard Motor Products (NYSE:SMP) +2.5%, Gentherm (NASDAQ:THRM) +1.9%.
May. 12, 2014, 10:38 AM
- Auto parts stocks are ripping gains to begin the week.
- A positive read on global demand from Volkswagen, General Motors, and Tata Motors could be helping to tip sentiment in favor of the group.
- Advancers: Meritor (MTOR) +4.2%, Federal-Mogul (FDML) +3.8%, Standard Motor Products (SMP) +3.6%, Modine Manufacturing (MOD) +3.2%, American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL) +3.0%.
Aug. 6, 2012, 9:05 AM
Jul. 18, 2012, 10:49 AMShares of a number of auto suppliers move higher with sector upgrades tipping sentiment. A rating boost by Jefferies on Oshkosh Truck (OSK +5.1%) to Buy from Hold and JPMorgan's initiation of TRW Automotive (TRW +3.7%) at Overweight leads the charge. A common theme with analysts is that improvement in commercial and construction markets will help offset defense-industry sluggishness. Sector gainers: BWA +2.5%, NAV +1.9%, FSYS +3.2%, FDML +2.6%, SMP +2.5%, GNTX +2.3%. | Comment!
Mar. 6, 2012, 12:09 PM
Nov. 22, 2011, 11:19 AMStandard Motor Products (SMP -3.9%) trades down after Goldman cuts the stock to Sell from Neutral on valuation, saying the shares have risen substantially since reporting its Q3 results and further upside will be difficult to sustain. The firm also anticipates slower growth in the replacement parts market in 2012 due to a slower rate of vehicle aging. | Comment!
Aug. 29, 2011, 12:01 PM
SMP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR