Mon, Apr. 18, 9:47 AM
- Sidoti initiates coverage on Standard Motor Product (SMP +8.3%) with a Buy rating.
- The investment firm assigns a price target of $44 on the automobile industry supplier.
- SA contributor Jenks Jumps pointed last out last month that investors had a chance to buy Standard Motor at a discount to future earnings potential. Shares are up about 20% since that call.
- Now read Standard Motor Products: Valued On 2015 Earnings
Sep. 22, 2015, 10:16 AM
- The automobile parts sector is down again to follow a rout of European automaker stocks earlier in the day led by the dismantling of shares of scandal-ridden Volkswagen.
- Losing business from Volkswagen is one concern, but a broader issue could be tighter emissions testing and compliance protocols in the industry.
- Decliners include Tenneco (TEN -7.5%), Delphi Automotive (DLPH -4.3%), Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN -4%), Federal-Mogul Holdings (FDML -4.4%), Lear (LEA -3.3%), Meritor (MTOR -3.8%), Dana Holding (DAN -3.7%), Autoliv (ALV -3.4%), Modine Manufacturing (MOD -2.8%), Standard Motor Products (SMP -2.3%), Stoneridge (SRI -3.6%), American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL -2.5%), and Johnson Controls (JCI -2.3%).
- Previously: Volkswagen -35% in two-day drubbing after cheating scandal (Sep. 22 2015)
Apr. 30, 2015, 11:21 AM
- Standard Motor Products (NYSE:SMP) reports gross profit rate fell 111 bps to 28.07%.
- Segment revenues: Engine management: $177.07M (-1.24%); Temperature control: $48.73M (-5.35%); All other: $1.79M (-9.28%).
- Operating margin rate declined 222 bps to 6.55%.
- Q1 results
Oct. 14, 2014, 10:09 AM
- Auto suppliers are off and running after Goldman Sachs issues some upgrades in the sector with a positive stance on demand.
- Goldman's call on the sector follows a positive spin from Barron's over the weekend.
- Gainers: Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML) +6.0%, American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) +5.7%, Delphi Automotive (NYSE:DLPH) +3.2%, BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) +2.7%, Standard Motor Products (NYSE:SMP) +2.5%, Gentherm (NASDAQ:THRM) +1.9%.
May 12, 2014, 10:38 AM
- Auto parts stocks are ripping gains to begin the week.
- A positive read on global demand from Volkswagen, General Motors, and Tata Motors could be helping to tip sentiment in favor of the group.
- Advancers: Meritor (MTOR) +4.2%, Federal-Mogul (FDML) +3.8%, Standard Motor Products (SMP) +3.6%, Modine Manufacturing (MOD) +3.2%, American Axle & Manufacturing (AXL) +3.0%.
Aug. 6, 2012, 9:05 AMStandard Motor Products (SMP) declares $0.09/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 2.56%. For shareholders of record Aug 14. Payable Sep 04. Ex-div date Aug 14. Shares +1.9% premarket. (PR) | Aug. 6, 2012, 9:05 AM
Jul. 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Shares of a number of auto suppliers move higher with sector upgrades tipping sentiment. A rating boost by Jefferies on Oshkosh Truck (OSK +5.1%) to Buy from Hold and JPMorgan's initiation of TRW Automotive (TRW +3.7%) at Overweight leads the charge. A common theme with analysts is that improvement in commercial and construction markets will help offset defense-industry sluggishness. Sector gainers: BWA +2.5%, NAV +1.9%, FSYS +3.2%, FDML +2.6%, SMP +2.5%, GNTX +2.3%.| Jul. 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Mar. 6, 2012, 12:09 PM
Nov. 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
Standard Motor Products (SMP -3.9%) trades down after Goldman cuts the stock to Sell from Neutral on valuation, saying the shares have risen substantially since reporting its Q3 results and further upside will be difficult to sustain. The firm also anticipates slower growth in the replacement parts market in 2012 due to a slower rate of vehicle aging.| Nov. 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
Aug. 29, 2011, 12:01 PM
Automotive replacement parts manufacturer Standard Motor Products (SMP +9.3%) jumps higher today after its board authorizes a $5M stock buyback.| Aug. 29, 2011, 12:01 PM