Smith Micro Software - A Turnaround For 2014
BuySellShort • 10 Comments
BuySellShort • 10 Comments
Mon, Jul. 25, 4:10 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:10 PM
Tue, Mar. 8, 4:07 PM
Oct. 28, 2015, 4:30 PM
- Smith Micro Software (NASDAQ:SMSI): Q3 EPS of $0.00 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $9.59M (+1.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.53M.
Jul. 28, 2015, 10:50 AM
- Smith Micro (NASDAQ:SMSI) is down sharply after slightly missing Q2 revenue estimates and posting in-line EPS. The revenue shortfall is blamed on a $500K customer charge-back.
- Notably, the company didn't provide full-year guidance in its earnings release, as it did in its prior two earnings reports. CEO Bill Smith, when asked about guidance on the CC (transcript): "We are not updating guidance. We know we have this steep hill to climb in the second half of the year and we are still on a path to achieving that goal ... Clearly, we are looking strong growth from our existing customers. I have alluded to a number of ... transactions that are in the works, all of which are important steps and we need help, obviously, from both our cable MSOs and our carriers."
- When pressed about SMSI's Q3 outlook, Smith suggested the company expects some Q/Q growth, without giving a specific figure. Consensus is for revenue to rise 27% Q/Q to $11.9M. He added Sprint revenue is expected to grow throughout the rest of 2015, and that the company expects to "see a lot of activity out of Comcast."
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 27, 2015, 4:08 PM
- Smith Micro Software (NASDAQ:SMSI): Q2 EPS of -$0.01 in-line.
- Revenue of $9.38M (+10.0% Y/Y) misses by $0.42M.
Apr. 29, 2015, 12:58 PM
- In addition to slightly beating Q1 EPS estimates and posting in-line revenue, Smith Micro (NASDAQ:SMSI) has reiterated full-year guidance for revenue of $45M-$49M (+22-33% Y/Y) and non-GAAP profitability. Consensus is for revenue of $46.1M and EPS of $0.03.
- However, on the CC (transcript), the company noted it expects Q2 revenue to be down Q/Q due to a lack of Comcast deal revenue (totaled $1.1M in Q1); SMSI attributes this to "the inherent lumpiness of that business." Consensus is for revenue to rise to $11.2M in Q2 from Q1's $10.5M.
- Q1 growth was driven by sales of SMSI's NetWise product to Comcast, as well as NetWise and CommSuite sales to Sprint. While revenue rose 25% Y/Y, operating expenses (non-GAAP) fell 25% to $7.8M.
- Q1 results, PR
Apr. 28, 2015, 4:16 PM
- Smith Micro Software (NASDAQ:SMSI): Q1 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $10.53M (+24.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.02M.
Feb. 24, 2015, 6:08 PM
- Smith Micro (NASDAQ:SMSI) is guiding for Q1 revenue to be roughly flat Q/Q from Q4's $10.6M; that suggests it should top a $10.2M consensus. Full-year revenue guidance of $45M-$49M is above a $44.5M consensus and good for 22%-33% Y/Y growth.
- The software vendor "expects to be non-GAAP profitable" in 2015; the EPS consensus is at $0.03.
- Gross margin slipped to 78.8% in Q4 from 80% a year ago, while GAAP operating expenses fell 26% Y/Y to $8.1M. The cash balance rose by $300K Q/Q to $13M.
- Shares have risen to $1.69 AH. They rose 4% in regular trading ahead of earnings.
- Q4 results, PR
Feb. 24, 2015, 4:22 PM
- Smith Micro Software (NASDAQ:SMSI): Q4 EPS of $0.01 in-line.
- Revenue of $10.6M (-10.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.26M.
Jan. 14, 2015, 10:23 AM
- Smith Micro (NASDAQ:SMSI) expects to report Q4 revenue of $10.4M-$10.6M (above a $10.2M consensus), and an op. profit of $600K-$700K. The quarter-ending cash balance is expected to be at $13M (up $300K Q/Q).
- The software vendor also forecasts Q1 revenue will be equal to or slightly above Q4 levels; that would put it above a $9.7M consensus. 2015 revenue is expected to be in a range of $45M-$49M, above a $43M consensus. SMSI "expects to be non-GAAP profitable" for the whole of 2015.
- Full Q4 results arrive on Feb. 24.
Oct. 29, 2014, 4:24 PM
- Smith Micro Software (NASDAQ:SMSI): Q3 EPS of -$0.01 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $9.44M (+7.9% Y/Y) beats by $0.07M.
- Shares +3.95%.
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:22 PM
- Smith Micro Software (NASDAQ:SMSI): Q2 EPS of -$0.06 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $8.5M (-18.9% Y/Y) misses by $1M.
May 8, 2014, 6:02 PM
- Smith Micro (SMSI): Q1 EPS of -$0.07 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $8.4M (-27.6% Y/Y) misses by $1.39M.
Mar. 6, 2014, 5:05 PM
- Smith Micro Software, Inc. (SMSI): Q4 EPS of -$0.01 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $11.84M (-1.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.07M.
Smith Micro Software, Inc. engages in the provision of software solutions for wireless connectivity. It operates through the Wireless and Productivity and Graphics segments. The Wireless segment refers to wireless internet solutions to access information and entertainment anytime and anywhere.... More
Industry: Application Software
Country: United States
Other News & PR