Mon, Aug. 8, 1:48 AM
- Creating the world's "largest mattress distribution network," Steinhoff International Holdings (OTCPK:SNHFY) has agreed to buy Sleepy's owner Mattress Firm (NASDAQ:MFRM) for $3.8B, including debt.
- The $64 per share in cash offer represents a 115% premium to Mattress Firm's closing price of $29.74 on Friday and has been unanimously approved by the boards of both companies.
- MFRM +110% premarket
Fri, Mar. 18, 12:44 PM
- Steinhoff International Holdings (OTC:SNHFF, OTCPK:SNHFY) says it won't make an offer for Home Retail Group (OTCQX:HMRLF, OTCQX:HMRTY), according to the BBC.
- The exit of Steinhoff from the bidding process increase the odds that Sainsbury (OTC:SNHFF, OTCPK:SNHFY) will end up with the Argos retail chain. Shares of Sainsbury fell today in London off the development.
Mon, Feb. 22, 12:43 PM
- Sainsbury (OTCQX:JSNSF, OTCQX:JSAIY) has until March 18 to formalize its buyout bid for Home Retail (OTCQX:HMRLF, OTCQX:HMRTY). The original deadline was tomorrow.
- South African firm Steinhoff International (OTC:SNHFF, OTCPK:SNHFY) has also been given until the same date by U.K.'s Takeover Panel to make a firm bid for the Argos chain owner.