Smith & Nephew plcNYSE
Wed, Oct. 5, 8:27 AM
Thu, Feb. 4, 1:03 PM
Feb. 6, 2014, 4:51 AM
- Smith & Nephew (SNN) Q4 underlying trading profit climbed 8% to $292M, just about topping consensus of $287M.
- Adjusted EPS 23.4 cents vs forecasts of 22.1 cents.
- Revenue increased to $1.2B from $1.1B and vs expectations of $1.16B.
- Pretax profit rose to $232M from $213M a year earlier
- Revenue increased to $1.2B from $1.1B
- Smith & Nephew CEO Olivier Bohuon said the company's Orthopaedic Reconstruction business "confirmed its improved dynamic, in particular delivering 11% growth in U.S. knees." Bohuon expects the business to continue its recent improved performance.
- Smith & Nephew's advanced wound management operations strongly outperformed its segment.
- The company expects the U.S. market to continue showing improvement in 2014, Europe to be challenging, and emerging markets to offer growth opportunities.
- Smith & Nephew declared a final dividend of $0.17 a share, bringing the distribution for 2013 to $0.274. Shares +1.9% in London. (PR)