Synopsys: 50% Upside In Sight
Feb. 19, 2014, 4:10 PM
- Synopsys, Inc. (SNPS): FQ1 EPS of $0.59 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $479M (+0.8% Y/Y) misses by $1.8M.
Feb. 19, 2014, 12:10 AM| Feb. 19, 2014, 12:10 AM | 5 Comments
Feb. 18, 2014, 5:35 PM| Feb. 18, 2014, 5:35 PM
Feb. 7, 2014, 5:01 PM
- Synopsys (SNPS) has acquired Target Compiler Technologies, a Belgian developer of tools for designing/programming ASIPs (a type of processor whose instruction set is fine-tuned to support a specific application). Terms are undisclosed.
- While archrival Cadence made a splash last year by acquiring processor core IP developer Tensilica for $380M, Synopsys has been fairly quiet on the M&A front for a while. In 2012, Synopsys bought chip emulation software developer Eve.
Jan. 30, 2014, 9:52 AM
- Vipshop (VIPS -4%) has been cut to Neutral by UBS. Bof/A/Merrill and UBS started shares at Buy earlier this month.
- Sequans (SQNS +3.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Baird ahead of its Feb. 6 Q4 report.
- Amdocs (DOX +3.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Oppenheimer following yesterday afternoon's FQ1 beat.
- PTC (PTC +3.7%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan. The company posted an FQ1 beat a week ago.
- Blackbaud (BLKB -1.4%) has been cut to Underweight by JPMorgan.
- Integrated Silicon (ISSI -2.8%) has been cut to Hold by Craig-Hallum a day after posting mixed FQ1 results.
- Synopsys (SNPS +0.2%) and SS&C (SSNC -3.6%) have been cut to Neutral by JPMorgan.
- Spansion (CODE +1.9%) has been started at Overweight by Morgan Stanley ahead of its Feb. 4 Q4 report.
Dec. 31, 2013, 6:21 PM
- With Apple having kicked off the 64-bit ARM (ARMH) mobile processor era this fall, many other companies are expected to launch 64-bit ARM-powered smartphones and tablets in 2014, notes the Micrprocessor Report's Mike Demler. That, in turn, should provide a boost to ARM's CPU royalty rates.
- Already, Qualcomm has announced a mid-range 64-bit Snapdragon processor (features four ARM Cortex A53 cores) and Samsung has promised its next-gen Exynos mobile CPUs will be 64-bit. Also, Intel has demoed a tablet running on a 64-bit version of Android and the chip giant's (x86-based) Bay Trail Atom CPU.
- Demler also expects strong demand for microcontrollers running on ARM's low-power Cortex-M CPUs (previous), which power a variety of intelligent embedded/wearable devices. At the same time, he notes ARM faces competition here from Synopsys' (SNPS) ARC CPU cores, as well as some smaller firms.
- ARM has called the embedded market its biggest opportunity. The company recently bought Sensinode, a startup offering a software platform that provides Web connectivity for embedded devices.
Dec. 9, 2013, 2:29 PM
Dec. 4, 2013, 5:37 PM
Dec. 4, 2013, 4:44 PM
- Synopsys (SNPS) shares are down 4.1% AH following a largely in-line FQ4 but weaker-than-expected FQ1 guidance.
- Time-based license revenue grew 12.5% Y/Y to $412.9M, upfront revenue +26.4% to $36.5M, and maintenance revenue -4.9% to $55.5M.
- Management sees FQ1 revenue of $475M-$485M (missing analyst expectations of $504.3M) and EPS of $0.51-$0.53 ($0.62). FY2014 revenue is seen at $2.06B-$2.085B (vs. consensus of $2.09B) and EPS at $2.55-$2.60 ($2.54).
- Conference call at 5pm ET, PR
Dec. 4, 2013, 4:15 PM
- Synopsys (SNPS): FQ4 EPS of $0.56 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $504.9M misses by $0.92M. (PR)
Dec. 4, 2013, 12:10 AM
Dec. 3, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 21, 2013, 4:08 PM
- Synopsys (SNPS): FQ3 EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $482.9M (+8.8% Y/Y) beats by $1M. (PR)
Aug. 21, 2013, 12:10 AM
Aug. 20, 2013, 5:35 PM
Jul. 30, 2013, 9:43 AM
- Bankrate (RATE +13.6%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA in response to its Q2 report.
- SanDisk (SNDK -2.5%) has been cut to Neutral by Goldman.
- OpenTable (OPEN -1.3%) has been cut to Neutral by Macquarie.
- Sohu (SOHU -0.7%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley following yesterday's Q2 report (I, II).
- EDA software firms Mentor Graphics (MENT -0.1%) and Synopsys (SNPS +0.8%) have been started at Outperform by Pac Crest. Rival Cadence (CDNS -0.2%) has been started at Sector Perform.
Synopsys, Inc. engages in the provision of software products and consulting services in the electronic design automation industry. It provides intellectual property products, which are pre-designed circuits that engineers use as components of larger chip designs, as well as software and hardware... More
Industry: Technical & System Software
Other News & PR