Nov. 7, 2013, 5:03 PM
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP) reports revenue growth of 29% for Q3.
- Revenue by product: Xifaxan, +20% to $165.9M; Apriso, +93% to $38.1M; Relistor, $4.3M; Moviprep, $19.2M; Solesta, $1.8M; Deflux, $6.6M.
- Xifaxan prescription growth: 24% Y/Y.
- FY13 outlook: Revenue of $920M (unchanged). Non-GAAP EPS of $3.20. (PR)
- Q3 revenues jump 81% Y/Y for Santarus (SNTS), while non-GAAP earnings rise 189%.
- Revenue by product: Glumetza, $45.6M; Zegerid, $27.1M; Uceris, $19.6M; Cycloset, $4.2M; Fenoglide, $1.6M. (PR)
- See also: SLXP, SNTS talk synergies, diversification; 2014 guidance provided
Nov. 7, 2013, 4:50 PM
- Salix Pharmaceuticals' (SLXP) deal for Santarus (SNTS) creates a specialty company with 22 marketed products and very little overlap.
- Uceris, Glumetza, and Zegerid — which this quarter had sales of $19.6M, $45.6M, and $27.1M, respectively — should help SLXP diversify its revenue stream. In Q3, Xifaxan accounted for nearly 70% of the top-line.
- The companies say that post-merger, "no product is expected to account for more than 50% of the combined company's revenue."
- Combined company Q3 results: Revenue of $1.348B and adjusted EBITDA of $537M.
- SLXP expects "revenue synergies from the increased number of sales representatives in GI and the expanded presence in primary care."
- FY14 combined company outlook: Adjusted EPS of $5. (PR)
- See also: SNTS Q3 results, SLXP Q3 results
Nov. 7, 2013, 4:14 PM
Santarus, Inc. is a specialty biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring, developing and commercializing proprietary products that address the needs of patients treated by physician specialists.
Industry: Drug Manufacturers - Other
Country: United States