Sonus Networks, Inc.NASDAQ
Sonus Networks: New Products Accelerating Overall Growth - 60% Upside
Cobiaman • 15 Comments
Cobiaman • 15 Comments
Wed, Oct. 26, 3:03 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 12:45 PM
Wed, Oct. 26, 7:02 AM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:30 PM
- AB, AGCO, AIT, ALLY, AOS, AVX, AVY, BA, BCO, BEN, BIIB, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CG, CMCSA, DTE, ENTG, EVR, EXAS, FDML, FLIR, GD, GNRC, GRA, GRMN, GRUB, HBAN, HES, HLT, IR, KO, LEA, LH, LRN, LUV, MDCO, MDLZ, MKTX, MMYT, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PAG, PB, POL, RES, ROL, SAIA, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SONS, SPG, STRA, STT, UCBI, VG, VLY, VNTV, WEC, WM, WOOF, WYN
Thu, Sep. 29, 3:00 PM
Thu, Sep. 29, 12:46 PM
Wed, Jul. 27, 7:03 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Tue, Jun. 14, 10:22 AM
- Mark Greenquist, Sonus' (SONS -10.6%) CFO since Nov. 2013, has resigned to "take a similar role at a leading e-commerce platform company." Financial planning/analysis VP Susan Villare will serve as interim CFO while Sonus looks for a successor.
- Sonus has affirmed its Q2 and 2016 revenue/EPS guidance. Shares have nonetheless fallen sharply.
Tue, Jun. 7, 3:31 PM
- Nanocap Inventergy (INVT +10.6%) has settled its six-patent infringement suit against VoIP/4G signaling infrastructure provider Sonus (SONS -0.5%). The deal requires Sonus to make "a one-time payment to Inventergy in exchange for a license to all Inventergy IMS and VoIP patents."
- The license covers Inventergy porfolios purchased from Nokia and Huawei. CEO Joe Beyers: "The royalty rate for the patent license agreement is consistent with the rate we have established in other license agreements for these patent assets... In addition to our patent licensing efforts, we continue to negotiate larger transactions involving the sales of portions of our patent assets."
Wed, Apr. 27, 7:06 AM
- Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS): Q1 EPS of $0.03 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $59.2M (+18.1% Y/Y) beats by $0.82M.
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF
Mon, Feb. 29, 1:01 PM
- BroadSoft's (BSFT +16.4%) Q4 beat has been accompanied by full-year guidance for revenue of $332M-$340M and EPS of $1.90-$2.10, favorable to a consensus of $325.1M and $1.93. Q1 guidance is for revenue of $70M-$74M and EPS of $0.20-$0.32 vs. a consensus of $68.7M and $0.24.
- Q4 billings (revenue + change in deferred revenue) totaled $91M, up 8% Y/Y. License software billings fell 2% to $36.4M. The deferred revenue balance stood at $111.1M (+9% Y/Y) at quarter's end.
- License revenue (drives future maintenance/services revenue) totaled $35.4M, subscription and maintenance support revenue $30.6M, and professional services/other revenue $23.6M. Non-GAAP operating expenses rose 22% Y/Y to $41M. BroadSoft ended 2015 with $248M in cash and $188M in convertible debt.
- Fellow VoIP/unified communications software provider Sonus (SONS +4%) is also having a good day.
- BroadSoft's Q4 results, earnings release
Tue, Feb. 16, 1:57 PM
- In addition to beating Q4 estimates, Sonus (SONS +24.5%) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $58M-$59M and EPS of -$0.03 to -$0.01, above a consensus of $56.4M and -$0.04.
- 2016 guidance is in-line: Revenue of $255M-$265M and EPS of $0.20-$0.27 vs.a consensus of $259.8M and $0.24.
- "[O]ur fourth quarter revenue results were driven by a high volume of orders from a diverse set of customers," says CEO Ray Dolan. He adds Sonus had no 10% customers in Q4, though one historical 10% customer (AT&T?) came close.
Financials: Lifting Q4 EPS: Non-GAAP gross margin rose 140 bps Q/Q and 250 bps Y/Y to 71.4%, aided by a favorable product mix. GM is expected to drop to 66.5% in seasonally weak Q1.
Also helping: Sales/marketing and G&A spend respectively fell by $2.5M and $0.6M Y/Y to $17.3M and $7.3M; R&D rose by $0.4M to $18M. $1.8M was spent on buybacks. Sonus ended Q4 with $142.2M in cash/investments, $45.9M in deferred revenue, and no debt.
- VoIP hardware/software peer AudioCodes (AUDC +4.7%) is also having a good day. The Nasdaq is up 2%.
- Sonus' Q4 results, earnings release
Tue, Feb. 16, 12:46 PM
Tue, Feb. 16, 7:02 AM
- Sonus Networks (NASDAQ:SONS): Q4 EPS of $0.23 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $76.3M (-0.7% Y/Y) beats by $2.39M.