Josh Young • 18 Comments
Nov. 18, 2014, 2:56 PM
- Sonde Resources (NYSEMKT:SOQ) reports it has just $300K in cash on hand through yesterday, with the company scheduled to pay $15M to Joint Oil following its failure to drill the Fisal-1 well before a Nov. 30 deadline.
- SOQ says it no longer generates cash flow from petroleum and natural gas sales, and it no longer has a credit facility.
- Warns that failure to file its Q3 earnings report likely will result in the issuance of a cease trade order by Canadian securities regulatory authorities and could lead to a delisting of its shares from all stock exchanges.
Aug. 14, 2014, 4:43 PM
- Sonde Resources (NYSEMKT:SOQ): Q2 FFO of -$0.03.
May 8, 2014, 6:18 PM
Jan. 9, 2014, 4:31 PM
- KKR says it will open its first Canadian office next month in Calgary, the capital of Canada's oil patch, as it seeks to tap into growing demand for private-equity financing in the region and expand its presence in the global energy industry.
- KKR Director Brandon Freiman, who will relocate from the NYC headquarters to start up the new office, is eyeing investment of $500M to "several billion dollars" over the next five years in upstream oil and gas production, midstream pipelines and related infrastructure as well as energy services businesses.
- The planned investments will include providing financing instead of outright takeovers, KKR says.
- Canadian energy names on the radar: SU, IMO, BTE, SOQ, ERF, CVE, COSWF, AAV, BXE, CNQ.
Jan. 3, 2014, 5:02 PM
- Sonde Resources (SOQ) names Toufic Nassif, currently president of the company's North Africa operations, as its new President and CEO.
- Bill Dirks, President and COO, is resigning, effective immediately.
Dec. 31, 2013, 11:27 AM
- Sonde Resources (SOQ +6.6%) says it received requisite shareholder and court approval for its previously announced plan of arrangement with Marquee Energy.
- Marquee acquired SOQ's western Canada assets in exchange for more than 21M Marquee common shares plus $15M cash.
Nov. 15, 2013, 4:36 PM
- Sonde Resources (SOQ) says its Tunisia farm-out agreement with Viking Exploration and Production has been terminated after Viking was unable to obtain the necessary $40M funding to close the farm-out.
- SOQ says it continues to work with other parties on finalizing the development plan for the Zarat oil field by year-end 2013 as requested by the Tunisian government.
Jan. 10, 2013, 11:54 AM
Sonde Resources (SOQ +1.5%) says it is initiating a process to explore and evaluate potential strategic alternatives in its western Canadian production and exploratory acreage, with the aim of reducing emphasis on legacy producing assets.| Jan. 10, 2013, 11:54 AM
Dec. 28, 2012, 2:23 PM
Sonde Resources (SOQ +14.3%) posts its second straight big gain after the Africa-focused energy company said it had farmed out two-thirds of its interest in the Joint Oil Block to Viking Energy North Africa for $3M and other considerations. Shares jumped 10% yesterday on news SOQ's North African exploration obligations were extended.| Dec. 28, 2012, 2:23 PM
Dec. 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Dec. 27, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sonde Resources (SOQ +13.3%) announces approval of an extension of its exploratory obligations in Libya; the second-phase work program will include one new exploratory well to be drilled each year through 2015, and acquisition of a 200 sq. km. offshore 3D seismic.| Dec. 27, 2012, 10:50 AM