Thu, Sep. 18, 12:25 PM
- On Sept. 22, Singular Research will be hosting the Best of the Uncovereds conference in LA.
- Thirty "off-the-radar" companies will be presenting. As of today, the following small-cap companies are expected to present. In aggregate, the companies presenting are followed by more than 13,000 SA users. The number of SA alert subscribers for each symbol follows the symbol:
- AETI 127, AVNW 769, BONE 765, CLIR 805, LODE 620, OTCQB:CRWG 128, HILL 750, DXPE 514, ELLO 0, OTCQX:IGXT 1,249, NNVC 1,632, NEWT 191, TIS 1,084, QUAD 562, REED 748, REX 491, RMCF 459, SALM 230, SPA 305, TESS 282, TREC 211, HTM 1,252
Tue, Sep. 9, 4:21 PM
Mon, Sep. 8, 5:35 PM
Tue, May. 6, 4:57 PM
Wed, Apr. 23, 3:58 PM
- Despite more than doubling over the past twelve months, Sparton (SPA -0.4%) has more upside potential if a major contract with the U.S. Navy is secured, Barron's David Englander writes.
- Since 2011, SPA has boosted revenue 25% annually, and EBITDA 90% annually, as management focuses on buying up attractive manufacturing businesses in highly regulated markets such as defense and medical devices.
Mon, Feb. 3, 5:31 PM
Dec. 20, 2013, 7:25 AM
- The FDA has indefinitely delayed a ruling on Amarin's (AMRN) request to expand the use of of the company's Vascepa drug, which lowers triglyceride fat in blood. Under the new "ANCHOR" indication, the therapy would be used to treat people who take statins to cut cholesterol and have a high risk of coronary heart disease.
- The FDA was due to issue its verdict today, but the agency put off the ruling as it's still considering Amarin's request to re-instate the ANCHOR Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) agreement. Under the SPA, the FDA had said that the design of an uncompleted Phase III trial was acceptable to support a marketing application to widen Vascepa's use case.
- However, the agency rescinded that SPA in October and initially denied Amarin's appeal over the matter.
- The FDA has also said that it views that appeal as separate from the firm's request to expand the use of Vascepa.
- Amarin shares are +32%. (PR)
Dec. 12, 2013, 1:07 PM
- Sparton (SPA -0.3%) acquires electronic controls and assemblies contract manufacturer Beckwood Services in an all-cash deal. Terms were undisclosed.
- Beckwood generates annual revenue of $18M. Its customers include Fortune 1000 manufacturers of industrial control systems, measurement/detection equipment, analytical instruments, and military/DHS equipment.
- Sparton expects the acquisition to be accretive to earnings within the first year.
Nov. 6, 2013, 9:27 AM
Sep. 3, 2013, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2013, 5:28 PM
- Shares of Sparton (SPA) are up 13.6% AH following the company's FQ4 beat.
- Sparton ended the quarter with a sales backlog of $199.8M, including $31.9M from newly-acquired Onyx EMS, representing a 35% Y/Y increase. (PR)
- Medical Devices revenue grew $3.4M from FQ4 2012, Complex Systems $0.8M (7%), and Defense & Security Systems $8.3M (40%).
- The acquisition of the Onyx medical business resulted in revenue of $13.1M, EBITDA of $1.7M, and operating income of $0.6M.
- Conference call scheduled for 11 am ET tomorrow
Sep. 3, 2013, 4:32 PM| Comment!
Sep. 3, 2013, 1:40 PM
- Sparton (SPA +1%) completes the acquisition of flat panel/touch-screen display solutions provider Aydin Displays from Video Display (VIDE +1.7%).
- The purchase price is comprised of cash, a 1-year 8% hold-back of the upfront price, and a $6M contingency based on Aydin's EBITDA in the next year. The subsidiary has a revenue run-rate of $18M.
Aug. 29, 2013, 9:35 AM| Comment!
May. 22, 2013, 1:09 PMSparton (SPA +2.2%) gains today after saying that it and USSI, a subsidiary of Ultra Electronics Holdings, have won $8.8M in joint foreign sales contracts for the manufacture of multiple Passive and Active Sonobuoys to the South Korean Government. Production will be done from their ERAPSCO/SonobuoyTech Systems joint venture, and should be completed by March, 2014. | Comment!
May. 7, 2013, 7:30 PM
SPA vs. ETF Alternatives
Sparton Corp is engaged in providing design, development, and manufacturing services for electromechanical devices and engineered products. The Company serves the Medical & Biotechnology, Military & Aerospace and Industrial & Commercial markets.
Other News & PR