Thu, Nov. 19, 7:15 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) reports organic sales growth of 2.2% in FQ4.
- Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $553M (-7.2%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $331.4M (+5.6%); Global Pet Supplies: $219.3M (+37.2%); Home and Garden: $108.3M (-0.6%); Global Auto Care: $96.1M.
- Gross margin rate increased 80 bps to 35.7% primarily due to acquisitions and improved mix.
- Operating margin rate grew 50 bps to 10.3%.
- Adjusted EBITDA rose 22.8% to $229.3M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: to increase in the high-single digit range Y/Y; Free cash flow: ~$505M to $515M; Capex: $110M to $120M.
Thu, Nov. 19, 6:33 AM
Wed, Nov. 18, 5:30 PM
Tue, Nov. 17, 4:37 PM
Wed, Aug. 5, 9:29 AM
- The company saw record Home and Garden performance, strong personal care and small appliances results, and strong European volume growth.
- Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $459 (-7.24%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $313.5M (+2.15%); Global Pet Supplies: $208.3M (+36.86%); Home and Garden: $202.3M (+15.86%); Global Auto Care: $64.4M.
- Gross margin rate declined 30 bps to 36.7% primarily due to the negative impact of foreign exchange.
- Operating margin rate dropped 230 bps to 10.88%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: to increase in the mid-single digit range; Free cash flow: ~$440M; Capex: $75M to $85M.
Wed, Aug. 5, 7:07 AM
Tue, Jul. 28, 4:41 PM
Thu, Jun. 18, 8:27 AM
- Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB) faces a lawsuit from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission over allegations it failed to timely report an issue with coffee pot handles.
- The issue dates back to Black & Decker brand Spacemaker coffee pots sold between 2008 and 2012.
- The company states it plans to defend itself in court in the interest of "fundamental fairness."
Wed, Apr. 29, 8:00 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) reports a record quarter for the Home and Garden business.
- The company saw strong volume growth in HHI business, in Europe and Latin America.Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $443.9 (-7.69%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $289.4M (+8.43%); Global Pet Supplies: $209.8M (+31.62%); Home and Garden: $123.9M (+8.21%).
- Gross margin rate fell 10 bps to 35.1%.
- Operating margin rate declined 78 bps to 8.28%.FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: to increase in the low to mid-single digit range; Free cash flow: ~$400M; Capex: $75M to $85M.
- SPB +0.19% premarket.
Wed, Apr. 29, 7:10 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 4:48 PM
- Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB) agrees to acquire Armor All from P-E firm Avista Capital Partners for $1.4B, Bloomberg reports.
- SPB owns a broad range of consumer brands from bug repellent to facial-grooming products, and would add car wax, upholstery creams and STP engine oil to its product stable.
- The deal would be funded with ~$900M of new debt and the sale of $500M of new shares, according to the report; HRG, which owns ~59% of SPB, would subscribe to the share sale.
Tue, Apr. 28, 4:41 PM
Mon, Mar. 16, 7:47 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 8:41 AM
- Strong demand at Home Depot and Lowe's as consumers boost their home improvement spending sets up suppliers for a Q1 boost.
- A higher mix of domestic sales can also help select companies withstand the impact of F/X translation to U.S. dollars for their global business.
- Previously: Home Depot and Lowe's higher after strong read on HD traffic (Feb. 24 2015)
- Home Depot-watching: SWK, SPB, ENR, PG, TTC, OC, WHR,
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:25 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 4:34 PM
Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc is a diversified consumer products company. The Company is engaged in manufacturing and marketing alkaline, zinc carbon and hearing aid batteries, herbicides, insecticides and repellents and specialty pet supplies.
Other News & PR