Spectrum Brand Holdings, Inc.NYSE
Spectrum Brands: Significant Near-Term Catalyst For This Long-Term Investment, 35% Upside
Donald Marchiony, Westpark Capital
Donald Marchiony, Westpark Capital
Thu, Nov. 17, 5:58 PM
- HRG Group (NYSE:HRG) +11.4% AH on news it is evaluating strategic alternatives, and that CEO Omar Asali plans to leave the company in the second half of next year.
- Strategic alternatives include a merger, sale or other business combination involving the company or its assets, HRG says.
- HRG is a holding company that conducts its operations principally through Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB) and Fidelity & Guaranty Life (NYSE:FGL).
- Asali has served as CEO since the company's founding in 2011.
Thu, Nov. 17, 10:29 AM
- Spectrum Brand (SPB -6.2%) reports organic net sales fell 3.2% in FQ4.
- Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $520M (-6%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $328.1M (-1%); Global Pet Supplies: $206.7M (-5.7%); Home and Garden: $94.3M (-12.9%); Global Auto Care: $100.7M (+4.8%).
- Gross margin rate expanded 320 bps to 38.9% primarily due to favorable mix and strong productivity.
- Operating margin rate increased 240 bps to 12.7%.
- Adjusted EBITDA rose 3.3% to $236.9M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: to increase Y/Y; Free cash flow: ~$575M to $590M; Capex: $110M to $120M.
Thu, Nov. 17, 6:32 AM
Wed, Nov. 16, 5:30 PM
Mon, Nov. 14, 4:41 PM
Tue, Sep. 27, 7:00 AM
- Spectrum Brands Holdings (NYSE:SPB) announced cumulative term debt reduction in excess of $410M and anticipated ending FY2016 with total leverage below 4 times.
- The company also reiterated expectations for FY2016 adjusted net cash provided from operating activities after purchases of property, plant and equipment (adjusted free cash flow) to be between $505-$515M.
- Press Release
Tue, Aug. 23, 4:52 AM
- The CFA Society of Minnesota hosts an under-the-radar conference today and tomorrow with a powerful roster of presenting companies.
- The event was moved to later in the month this year in a development which pushes many of the companies past the quiet period imposed around their earnings releases.
- Notable names in attendance will include Target (NYSE:TGT), Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Piper Jaffray (NYSE:PJC), Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB), 3M (NYSE:MMM), and AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN).
Thu, Jul. 28, 12:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:38 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:46 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:37 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB): FQ2 EPS of $1.16 beats by $0.25.
- Revenue of $1.21B (+13.1% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:54 PM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) declares $0.38/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.37%
- Payable June 14; for shareholders of record May 17; ex-div May 13.
Tue, Feb. 2, 6:54 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) reports organic sales rose 6.3% in FQ1.
- Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $611.3M (-4%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $282.7M (+4.2%); Global Pet Supplies: $203.4M (+68.7%); Home and Garden: $47.7M (+20.8%); Global Auto Care: $73.7M.
- Gross margin rate improved 150 bps to 36.2% primarily due to the impact of acquisitions and improved mix.
- Operating margin rate grew 90 bps to 11.7%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 17.8% to $207.1M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: to increase in the high-single digit range Y/Y; Free cash flow: ~$505M to $515M; Capex: $110M to $120M.
Tue, Feb. 2, 6:33 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB): FQ1 EPS of $1.01 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $1.22B (+14.0% Y/Y) beats by $20M.