Spectrum Brand Holdings, Inc.NYSE
Spectrum Brands: Significant Near-Term Catalyst For This Long-Term Investment, 35% Upside
Donald Marchiony, Westpark Capital
Donald Marchiony, Westpark Capital
Tue, Sep. 27, 7:00 AM
- Spectrum Brands Holdings (NYSE:SPB) announced cumulative term debt reduction in excess of $410M and anticipated ending FY2016 with total leverage below 4 times.
- The company also reiterated expectations for FY2016 adjusted net cash provided from operating activities after purchases of property, plant and equipment (adjusted free cash flow) to be between $505-$515M.
- Press Release
Tue, Aug. 23, 4:52 AM
- The CFA Society of Minnesota hosts an under-the-radar conference today and tomorrow with a powerful roster of presenting companies.
- The event was moved to later in the month this year in a development which pushes many of the companies past the quiet period imposed around their earnings releases.
- Notable names in attendance will include Target (NYSE:TGT), Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Piper Jaffray (NYSE:PJC), Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB), 3M (NYSE:MMM), and AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN).
Thu, Jul. 28, 12:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:38 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:46 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:37 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB): FQ2 EPS of $1.16 beats by $0.25.
- Revenue of $1.21B (+13.1% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:54 PM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) declares $0.38/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.37%
- Payable June 14; for shareholders of record May 17; ex-div May 13.
Tue, Feb. 2, 6:54 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) reports organic sales rose 6.3% in FQ1.
- Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $611.3M (-4%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $282.7M (+4.2%); Global Pet Supplies: $203.4M (+68.7%); Home and Garden: $47.7M (+20.8%); Global Auto Care: $73.7M.
- Gross margin rate improved 150 bps to 36.2% primarily due to the impact of acquisitions and improved mix.
- Operating margin rate grew 90 bps to 11.7%.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 17.8% to $207.1M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: to increase in the high-single digit range Y/Y; Free cash flow: ~$505M to $515M; Capex: $110M to $120M.
Tue, Feb. 2, 6:33 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB): FQ1 EPS of $1.01 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $1.22B (+14.0% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Mon, Feb. 1, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 28, 4:32 PM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) declares $0.38/share quarterly dividend, 15.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.33.
- Forward yield 1.65%
- Payable March 8; for shareholders of record Feb. 16; ex-div Feb. 11.
Thu, Jan. 28, 10:07 AM
- A warning from the World Health Organization on the Zika virus spreading rapidly in the Americas is creating a stir.
- "The level of alarm is extremely high," said WHO director general Dr. Margarat Chan.
- The outbreak is of a particular concern in Brazil where the Summer Olympics are due to be held in August. Some airlines (LFL, GOL) could be impacted negatively.
- If Zika spreads closer to the U.S., sales of mosquito-related products could soar at companies such as Spectrum Brands (SPB +1.3%), Home Depot (HD +0.1%), Lowe's (LOW), and S.C. Johnson (similar to how cases of Ebola in the U.S. led to big sales gains at Clorox an Grainger on disinfectants).
Fri, Jan. 8, 8:00 AM
- Jefferies boosts its rating on Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB) to Buy from Hold on its view that organic sales and margin trends are on the mend.
- The investment firm thinks Spectrum's pet business and battery businesses are nicely positioned to grow and sees upside potential for the auto care operations in Latin America.
- Jefferies has a street high price target of $134 on SPB, implying 37% upside from yesterday's close of $97.73.
Dec. 14, 2015, 10:02 AM
- Shares of Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) fall 5% after the company formally announces a merger with Jarden (JAH +4%). The price tag may have been slightly higher than anticipated.
- The merger will create a $16B consumer goods juggernaut called Newell Brands which could have broad implications across the sector.
- Within the consumer products sector, there are marginal gains today for NACCO Industries (NC +1%), Spectrum Brands (SPB +0.6%), Stanley Black & Decker (SWK +0.4%), Clorox (CLX +0.5%), Kimberly-Clark (KMB +1.6%), and Danagher (DHR +0.2%) after the big merger announcement.
- Previously: Newell Rubbermaid and Jarden agree to combine (Dec. 14 2015)