Thu, Nov. 19, 7:15 AM
- Spectrum Brand (NYSE:SPB) reports organic sales growth of 2.2% in FQ4.
- Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $553M (-7.2%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $331.4M (+5.6%); Global Pet Supplies: $219.3M (+37.2%); Home and Garden: $108.3M (-0.6%); Global Auto Care: $96.1M.
- Gross margin rate increased 80 bps to 35.7% primarily due to acquisitions and improved mix.
- Operating margin rate grew 50 bps to 10.3%.
- Adjusted EBITDA rose 22.8% to $229.3M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: to increase in the high-single digit range Y/Y; Free cash flow: ~$505M to $515M; Capex: $110M to $120M.
Wed, Aug. 5, 9:29 AM
- The company saw record Home and Garden performance, strong personal care and small appliances results, and strong European volume growth.
- Segment sales: Global Batteries & Appliances: $459 (-7.24%); Hardware & Home Improvement: $313.5M (+2.15%); Global Pet Supplies: $208.3M (+36.86%); Home and Garden: $202.3M (+15.86%); Global Auto Care: $64.4M.
- Gross margin rate declined 30 bps to 36.7% primarily due to the negative impact of foreign exchange.
- Operating margin rate dropped 230 bps to 10.88%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: to increase in the mid-single digit range; Free cash flow: ~$440M; Capex: $75M to $85M.
Wed, Apr. 29, 7:10 AM
Oct. 15, 2014, 2:17 PM
- The ten companies in the Russell 1000 in which hedge funds hold the biggest stakes are down an average of 16% since that index hit an all-time high on September 18, according to Bloomberg. This stands against a slide in the index of just 7%.
- “The reactive selling is institutional,” says a portfolio manager. “Now redemptions are coming in, and that’s putting more pressure on the market. All these things are in the mix for perhaps exacerbating the move.”
- The list: Burger King Worldwide (BKW -4.5%), CVR Energy (CVI -2.4%), Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB -3.3%), Ally Financial (ALLY -2.6%), Zynga (ZNGA -1.3%), NorthStar Realty (NRF -1.9%), Seventy Seven Energy (SSE -6.6%), Platform Specialty Products (PAH -1.4%), and SunEdison (SUNE -0.6%).
Feb. 6, 2013, 5:14 PM
Oct. 9, 2012, 9:01 AMShares of Spectrum Brands (SPB) jump 9.5% higher in premarket action after the company snaps up a unit of Black & Decker that makes household products such as bathroom fixtures and door locks. The squeeze play could be on with short interest on the name running relatively high. | Oct. 9, 2012, 9:01 AM | Comment!
Sep. 21, 2012, 1:44 PMSpectrum Brands (SPB -2.1%) is apparently in final talks to buy a unit that makes door locks and bath fixtures from Stanley Black & Decker (SWK +2.3%), edging out Apollo Global, who was also competing for the business. SWK put its hardware and home-improvement business on the auction block earlier this year, and the deal could fetch around $1.5B. The win would be a big one for SPB whose current market value is only $2.1B. | Sep. 21, 2012, 1:44 PM | Comment!
Dec. 1, 2011, 12:31 PM
Nov. 29, 2011, 2:17 PMBattery manufacturer Spectrum Brands (SPB +1.3%) trades up after Credit Suisse initiates coverage with an Outperform rating. The firm says Spectrum's products offer the same performance as premium brands but for a lower price, which will drive sustainable revenue growth in FY11/12. | Nov. 29, 2011, 2:17 PM | Comment!
Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc is a diversified consumer products company. The Company is engaged in manufacturing and marketing alkaline, zinc carbon and hearing aid batteries, herbicides, insecticides and repellents and specialty pet supplies.
Other News & PR