Tue, Nov. 29, 5:38 PM
Tue, Nov. 29, 5:00 PM
- Results – revenue $245M (+40.5% Y/Y, $14.62M above estimates), EPS $0.12 ($0.04 above estimates), operating income $16.7M, operating margin 6.8%, operating cash flow $45.3M, free cash flow $32.3M
- Segment revenues – License $139.725M (vs. $104.164M Y/Y), Maintenance and services $105.064M (vs. 70.256M Y/Y)
- Q4 projections – revenue $286M-$288M (consensus $285.09M), operating margin 8%-9%
- FY 2017 projections – revenue $930M-$932M ($910M-$914M prior, consensus $914.41M), operating margn 5%-6% (5% prior)
- Splunk (NASDAQ:SPLK) president and CEO Doug Merritt: "Our market opportunity is tremendous. Splunk provides the market leading platform that powers Operational Intelligence to enable customers to cost effectively get value from machine data. We want to make it easier to collect and analyze even larger volumes and varieties of data to help our customers gain more insights and value from Splunk solutions. Our passionate customers and their innovations with the Splunk platform are at the core of our success."
- Prior quarters overview
- Conference call
- Press release
Tue, Nov. 29, 4:03 PM
Mon, Nov. 28, 5:35 PM
Fri, Aug. 26, 3:00 PM
Fri, Aug. 26, 12:45 PM
Fri, Aug. 26, 9:13 AM
Thu, Aug. 25, 5:33 PM
Thu, Aug. 25, 5:06 PM
- Splunk (NASDAQ:SPLK) registered 43.5% Y/Y revenue ($212.8M) growth, 32% Y/Y license revenue ($115.7M) growth, operating income of $8.2M, operating margin of 3.9% and operating cash flow of $18.3M.
- Projects Q3 total revenue of $228M-$230M, operating margin of 5%-6% and FY 2017 total revenue of $910M-$914M (previously $892M-$896M) and operating margin of 5% (unchanged).
- Splunk is up around 9% on the month, around 18% over the last three and nearly 6% on the year.
- Conference call
- Press release
Thu, Aug. 25, 4:03 PM
Wed, Aug. 24, 5:35 PM
Thu, May 26, 5:39 PM
Thu, May 26, 4:38 PM
- Splunk (NASDAQ:SPLK) is selling off after hours, -6%, after a Q1 earnings report where a loss came as expected though revenues grew solidly and beat, and the company raised full-year guidance.
- It's a "solid start to the year and we are pleased to welcome more than 450 new customers to the Splunk family,” says CEO Doug Merritt.
- The company lost $0.77/share on a GAAP basis; non-GAAP loss was $0.02, in line with expectations.
- Revenue breakout: License, $100.99M (up 40.5%); Maintenance and services, $84.96M (up 57.9%).
- Operating cash flow of $35.7M; free cash flow was $32M.
- For Q2, it sees revenues of $198M-$200M, in line with expectations, and operating margin of 2-3%. It's raising guidance for full-year revenues, to $892M-$896M from its February forecast of $880M (and consensus of $882.3M).
Thu, May 26, 4:03 PM
- Splunk (NASDAQ:SPLK): FQ1 EPS of -$0.02 in-line.
- Revenue of $186M (+48.0% Y/Y) beats by $11.88M.
- Shares +0.69%.
Wed, May 25, 5:35 PM
Tue, Mar. 22, 1:46 PM
- Stifel has hiked its Splunk (SPLK +2.4%) target by $5 to $56, while reiterating a Buy rating. Shares are close to their highest levels since January.
- Separately, Splunk has disclosed Guido Schroeder, the company's SVP of products (in charge of all product development/management) since 2012, will see his employment terminate "on or before" April 29.
- No word yet on Schroeder's replacement. News of his pending departure comes ten months after Splunk made a CTO change.
- Three weeks ago: BMO starts Splunk at Outperform, forecasts strong security growth