5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Transcripts on SPPR.
Marketwire (Dec 11, 2013)
Marketwire (Nov 14, 2013)
Marketwire (Nov 12, 2013)
SPPR vs. ETF Alternatives
Supertel Hospitality, Inc., is a real estate investment trust specializing in the select-service segment of the lodging industry. Its hotels are operated by various third-party management companies under franchise agreements.
Wednesday, Feb 1912:45 PM|Wednesday, Feb 1912:45 PM| 1 Comment
Friday, Jan 1712:48 PM
Thursday, Dec 122013, 12:52 PM|Thursday, Dec 122013, 12:52 PM| 3 Comments
Wednesday, Oct 92013, 3:11 PM
Wednesday, Oct 92013, 3:11 PM| 5 Comments
- "There was a time when people were overly exuberant about how long interest rates were going to stay low. That time is gone," says Cohen & Steers' Jason Yablon. Investors have pulled $728M out of real-estate mutual funds since May 15 (about the time interest rates started rising) vs. $42.8B in inflows into all equity funds, according to Lipper data. After outperforming the broader stock market for several years, REIT stocks have underperformed the S&P 500 for each of the last four months.
- The best-performing REITs in Q3, say analysts, were those renting property with short-term leases. Those with longer-term leases - such as owners of health care facilities - suffer most as rates rise.
- The only sectors showing gains in Q3 were self-storage (+7.45%) and hotel (+6.23%) REITs. "Self-storage was always regarded as the ugly stepchild of the real-estate industry, but our industry was always thought to be recession-resilient," says Extra Space Storage (EXR) CEO Spencer Kirk.
- REIT ETFs: FRI, WREI, FTY, ICF, IYR, REM, REZ, RTL, PSR, KBWY, SCHH, RWR, VNQ, DRN, URE, DRV, SRS, REK, ROOF.
- Self-storage: CUBE, PSA, SSS.
- Hotel: AHT, CLDT, CHSP, DRH, FCH, HT, HPT, HST, LHO, PEB, RLJ, BEE, INN, SHO, SPPR.
Friday, Sep 272013, 12:45 PM|Friday, Sep 272013, 12:45 PM| 4 Comments
Tuesday, Sep 242013, 12:45 PM|Tuesday, Sep 242013, 12:45 PM| 1 Comment
Friday, May 102013, 6:16 PM
Wednesday, Nov 142012, 4:24 PM