Oct. 5, 2015, 9:18 AM
Apr. 27, 2015, 3:06 PM
- Today's notable tech gainers include online real estate leader Zillow (Z +4.3%), online travel deals platform Travelzoo (TZOO +8%), and gaming IP licensing firm Worlds (OTCQB:WDDD +15.5%).
- Notable decliners include wireless charging tech developer Energous (WATT -9.3%), enterprise mobility management software firm MobileIron (MOBL -9.4%), Chinese mobile game publisher iDreamSky (DSKY -7.1%), and cloud tech support software provider Support.com (SPRT -6.6%). The Nasdaq is down 0.6%.
- Zillow is now up 10% since providing soft full-year guidance on April 14. Travelzoo is up 32% since posting a Q4 beat on April 16.
- Energous is selling off after filing a $75M mixed shelf following Friday's close. MobileIron is down 34% since issuing a Q1 warning last Wednesday. iDreamSky is missing out on a Chinese tech rally.
- Previously covered: Applied Materials, Aerohive, Taser, Oclaro, JD.com, Sky-mobi, 3D Systems/Stratasys
Apr. 10, 2015, 3:05 PM
- Today's notable tech gainers include IP licensing firm VirnetX (VHC +6%), custom parts maker Proto Labs (PRLB +4.6%), printing plate/commercial film maker Eastman Kodak (KODK +3.9%), cloud HR software vendor Paylocity (PCTY +3.7%), cloud telecom expense software vendor Tangoe (TNGO +4.2%), and cloud tech support software vendor Support.com (SPRT +6.7%). The Nasdaq is up 0.4%.
- Only a few tech companies are posting major declines. The group includes Chinese online video platform Youku (YOKU -5.7%) and mainframe/high-end server maker Unisys (UIS -3.4%).
- Following a rough 2014, VirnetX is up 34% in 2015; 15.9M shares were shorted as of March 13. Proto Labs has broken out of the narrow range shares have traded in since mid-February. Support.com's gains come a day after the company disclosed a new contract with Comcast. Paylocity is erasing the losses seen yesterday following a BofA downgrade. Kodak is up 13% since posting Q4 results on March 16.
- Youku, quite volatile lately, is giving back a chunk of Wednesday's big gains. Unisys' decline comes ahead of its April 23 Q1 report. On Wednesday, the company announced it's supplying high-end servers and cybersecurity software to NASA through the agency's SEWP V contract (covers multiple suppliers, worth up to $20B over 10 years).
- Previously covered: 3D Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, LinkedIn, GoDaddy, FireEye, Turtle Beach, Mavenir/Mitel, Gigamon, Synacor
Sep. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 22, 2014, 1:45 PM
- High-beta tech stocks are selling off hard as the Nasdaq registers a 1.3% decline. The selling is broad-based, with Internet, solar, and enterprise tech stocks all well-represented among the ranks of major decliners.
- Major Internet decliners: BIDU -4.7%. ANGI -7%. YELP -5.9%. AWAY -5.1%. CHGG -5.9%. GRUB -5.8%. P -5.2%. Z -4.6%. TRLA -4.8%. ATHM -7.9%. BITA -7%. DANG -5.9%. WB -5.3%.
- Solar: FSLR -4.5%. SCTY -7.5%. SPWR -4.5%. DQ -7.6%. JKS -5.5%. ASTI -6.3%. ENPH -5.5%. CSIQ -4.8%.
- Enterprise: WDAY -5.4%. GIMO -6.7%. VMEM -7.7%. IMPV -4.8%. MKTO -4.9%. SPRT -5.1%. CSOD -5.5%.
- Others: HIMX -4.6%. SIGM -5.6%. WATT -9.7%. CYNI -5.3%. ADNC -5.7%. PXLW -5%. SWIR -5.8%. MITK -6%. OCLR -6%.
Apr. 16, 2014, 5:37 PM
Mar. 5, 2014, 9:12 AM
Mar. 3, 2014, 2:49 PM
- In an article embargoed until 9:30AM ET Tuesday, SA Pro author Saj Karsan argues Support.com's (SPRT +4.4%) management is carrying out a series of major reforms needed to engineer a turnaround.
- Shares of the cloud tech support software/services provider closed on Friday near their 52-week low of $2.35. They tumbled last month following the company's Q4 report.
Jan. 8, 2014, 12:46 PM
Oct. 30, 2013, 5:45 PM
Aug. 1, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jan. 4, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 25, 2012, 12:45 PM
Feb. 8, 2012, 7:31 PM
Feb. 8, 2012, 6:57 PMSupportSoft (SPRT): Q4 EPS of -$0.06 misses by $0.03. Revenue of $15M (+22% Y/Y) beats by $2M. Shares +13.7% AH. (PR) | Feb. 8, 2012, 6:57 PM
Jul. 28, 2011, 12:38 PM
Support.com (SPRT -18%) isn't finding any today, tanking after reporting better Q2 revenues late yesterday but missing on its bottom-line EPS number. The company says margins were reduced due to restructuring and impairment charges, acquisition expenses and the writing down of certain assets.| Jul. 28, 2011, 12:38 PM