Short Sportsman's Warehouse Into Q4 Earnings
Short Sportsman's Warehouse Into Q4 Earnings
Wed, May 25, 12:03 PM
Tue, May 24, 5:35 PM
Tue, Apr. 12, 10:42 AM
- The secondary offering at Sportsman's Warehouse (NASDAQ:SPWH) today was initiated by the desire of Seidler Equity Partners to reduce its stake by a third.
- The private equity firm still holds 24.5% of Sportsman's Warehouse after unloading the 5M shares.
- Shares of Sportsman's Warehouse are down 10.2% to $10.97.
- Previously: Sportsman's Warehouse announces secondary offering (April 12)
Wed, Mar. 23, 5:38 PM
Tue, Jan. 5, 11:12 AM
- Smith & Wesson (NASDAQ:SWHC) is up 12% on a huge volume spike to reach a post-IPO high.
- The company lifted guidance last night and the gun debate has been raging this week with President Obama poised to take some executive action refinements to gun control regulations.
- SWHC reached a high of $26.64.
- Sturn Ruger (NYSE:RGR) is also ripping, up 7.1% to a 52-week high off the same enthusiasm that short-term gun and ammo demand could pick up.
- Vista Outdoor (VSTO +4.9%) and Cabela's (CAB +1%) are also catching bids off the gun control focus, while rallies in Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS +1.3%), Hibbett Sports (HIBB +1.3%), and Sportsman's Warehouse (SPWH +2.6%) look more speculative based off the actual impact of gun sales on total revenue.
- Previously: Obama set to roll out gun control actions today (Jan. 05 2016)
- Previously: Smith & Wesson hikes guidance; shares +3.7% (Jan. 04 2016)
Dec. 2, 2015, 9:54 AM
- Sporting goods stocks are all ahead of broad market averages with some M&A speculation in the background.
- Cabela's (CAB +1.4%) has confirmed it will explore strategic options which could include a combination with another chain or set off other companies on a similar plan. Many analysts think the market is oversaturated on a square footage basis.
- Gainers: Big 5 Sporting Goods (NASDAQ:BGFV) +1.5%, Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) +1.0%, Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) +0.7%, Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings (NASDAQ:SPWH) +1.2%.
- Previously: Cabela's to evaluate strategic options (Dec. 02 2015)
Nov. 20, 2015, 12:47 PM
Nov. 20, 2015, 10:09 AM
- Strong earning reports from Foot Locker (FL +7.9%), Hibbett Sports (HIBB +4.7%), Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings (SPWH +19.6%) seem to be reverberating around the sportswear/footwear sector.
- Lululemon (LULU +5.3%), Big Five Sporting Goods (BGFV +2.4%), Skechers (SKX +4.4%), Columbia Sportswear (COLM +4.1%), Under Armour (UA +3.6%), V.F. Corp (VFC +1.7%), Steven Madden (SHOO +3.5%), Crocs (CROX +2.2%), and Wolverine Worldwide (WWW +3.3%) are all solidly higher.
- Cabela's (CAB +7.2%) is higher off more merger speculation, while Nike (NKE +5%) gave investors plenty of reasons to smile last night on the buybacks and dividend front.
- Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS -0.2%) hasn't joined the sportswear party quite yet as the company's large retail footprint continues to dampen enthusiasm.
Nov. 17, 2015, 9:58 AM
- Callaway Golf (ELY -2.2%) and Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings (SPWH -8.3%) are both lower after Dick's Sporting Goods reports soft sales.
- The sporting goods chain also lowered full-year EPS guidance in a move that has impacted trading in the sector.
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods misses by $0.02, revenue in-line (Nov. 17 2015)
- Previously: Sporting goods stocks fade after Dick's disappoints (Nov. 17 2015)
Aug. 28, 2015, 10:29 AM
- Sportsman's Warehouse (SPWH +7.6%) traded higher after edging past analysts estimates with its Q2 report.
- Same-store sales were flat during the quarter, but total sales were up 7% with new stores in the hopper.
- CEO John Schaefer industry dynamics for the firearm and ammunition categories are normalizing.
- The company sees full-year revenue of $720M-$740M which has a midpoint just ahead of the consensus estimate for $728.1M.
- Previously: Sportsmans Warehouse beats by $0.01, beats on revenue
Feb. 23, 2015, 2:15 PM
- Street Sweeper takes another swing at Sportsman's Warehouse (SPWH -0.6%) to follow up on a bearish take issued in December.
- The sharp price decreases at rival Cabela's and promotional cadence tipped off by Cabela's management during the earnings call drew the notice of the research firm.
- Volume on SPWH is already 4X normal activity.
- Cabela's Q4 earnings call transcript
Dec. 4, 2014, 5:36 PM
Sep. 12, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 18, 2014, 9:18 AM
May 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings, Inc. operates as a holding company, which provides sporting and athletic goods through wholly owned subsidiaries, Sportsman's Warehouse, Inc., and Minnesota Merchandising Corp. The company was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Midvale, UT.
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Sporting Goods
Country: United States
Other News & PR