May 1, 2014, 5:00 PM
May 1, 2014, 4:20 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 7:15 AM
- Sequenom's (SQNM) CEO, Harry Hixon, to retire on June 10, the date of the company's annual shareholders meeting.
- William J. Welch, President and COO, will replace him.
- Dr. Hixon will continue to serve as Chairman of the Board, pending reelection at the June meeting.
- Dirk van den Boom, PhD, promoted to Chief Scientific and Strategy Officer.
- Paul V. Maier, CFO, will also retire at the annual shareholders meeting. Carolyn D. Beaver, VP and Chief Accounting Officer will replace him.
- Press release
Feb. 27, 2014, 4:15 PM
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:29 AM
- Illumina's (ILMN +1.3%) cell-free DNA testing technology was more accurate than traditional techniques in diagnosing Down syndrome and Edwards syndrome.
- The false-positive rate of Illumina's cfDNA product was 0.3% for Down syndrome vs 3.6% for standard screening, and 0.2% for Edwards vs 0.6%.
- The study could lead to the testing in expectant mothers beyond only those considered at high risk for having babies with Down and Edwards syndromes.
- The results of the study were published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Three other companies in the U.S. provide cfDNA testing - Sequenom (SQNM +3%), Ariosa Diagnostics and Natera.
Feb. 27, 2014, 12:10 AM
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Jan. 10, 2014, 10:43 AM
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD +4.9%) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at BMO. Price target is $16.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY +0.7%) upgraded to Overweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target hiked to $65 from $52.
- Sequenom (SQNM -3.4%) cut to Neutral from Overweight at Piper. Price target is $2.50.
- BioMarin (BMRN -2.2%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $73.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ -0.5%) cut to Equalweight from Overweight at Barclays. Price target is $99.
- Pfizer (PFE -0.6%) cut to Market Perform at Cowen. Price target is $34.
- Eli Lilly (LLY -0.4%) downgraded to Underweight from Equalweight at Barclays. Price target cut to $51 from $58.
- H.C. Wainwright starts Celsion (CLSN +7.7%) at Buy. Price target is $8.
- Orexigen (OREX +1.1%) initiated at Buy with a $9 target at Wallachbeth.
Jan. 9, 2014, 9:11 AM| Jan. 9, 2014, 9:11 AM | 3 Comments
Jan. 8, 2014, 6:27 PM
- Sequenom (SQNM) shares surge 10.2% in AH trading after the company announces it has received a patent for "Diagnosing Fetal Chromosomal Aneuploidy Using Genomic Sequencing" from the European Patent Office.
- The company states that it is "the first patent filing made in the EPO directed to such novel methods."
Dec. 27, 2013, 5:50 PM
Nov. 11, 2013, 3:51 PM
- Sequenom (SQNM -0.2%) gets a vote of confidence from Maxim's Bryan Brokmeier who reiterates the shares at Buy following the company's Q3 results.
- "The reimbursement environment remains challenging [but] we're increasingly optimistic," Brokmeier notes, citing the percentage of diagnostic revenue from international, the Q/Q rise in covered lives, and the fact that "all major national payers are reimbursing the MaterniT21."
- Price target is $6.
Nov. 8, 2013, 12:53 PM
Nov. 8, 2013, 9:22 AM
Nov. 8, 2013, 8:52 AM
- Sequenom (SQNM) rallies 24% premarket after reporting Q3 results Thursday evening.
- Revenues rose 92% Y/Y and 26% sequentially to $44M for the period thanks to "the continued adoption of the MaterniT21 PLUS test."
- Total tests accessioned: 48,300 (+87% Y/Y). MaterniT21 PLUS patient samples come in at 38,600 — that's +2% Q/Q, as the company notes that "the laboratory increased its focus on tests with acceptable reimbursement."
- Medicaid tests as a percentage of MaterniT21 PLUS tests accessioned: 21%, down from 26% in Q2 (17% in September).
- Uncollected amounts outstanding for tests delivered that were not recognized as revenue upon delivery: $46-51M.
- Annualized run rate for MaterniT21 PLUS test as of quarter's end: 150K+ samples.
- SQNM notes that "the October 30 summary judgment does not impact the current competitive landscape, as the company has competed without the benefit of the patent being recognized." For more on this, see here. (PR)
Nov. 7, 2013, 4:12 PM
Other News & PR