2 Big Investments Begin To Pay Off For The Laclede Group
Tristan R. Brown
Tristan R. Brown
Tue, Nov. 15, 7:02 AM
Mon, Nov. 14, 5:35 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 7:07 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AFAM, ALE, APO, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLDT, CLH, CLX, CRL, CROX, CRTO, CSTE, CWEI, D, DDD, DIN, DLPH, DM, DNOW, DOC, EE, ENR, FCPT, FUN, GEL, HFC, HUM, HYH, ICE, ING, INSY, INXN, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LINC, LMOS, MDC, MEMP, MFA, MTOR, NBL, NSM, NVMI, ODP, ORBK, OXY, PERI, POR, RRD, SBGI, SC, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SMG, SMP, SPR, SR, SUM, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VER, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, XEL, ZTS
Tue, Aug. 2, 7:33 AM
- July monthly performance was: +1.62%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: +16%
- No dividends were paid in July
- Top 10 Holdings as of 6/30/2016: Middlesex Water Co (MSEX): 1.83792%, Chesapeake Utilities Corp (CPK): 1.83185%, J&J Snack Foods Corp (JJSF): 1.81791%, Northwest Natural Gas Co (NWN): 1.80509%, California Water Service Group (CWT): 1.80402%, Andersons Inc (ANDE): 1.7911%, Connecticut Water Service Inc (CTWS): 1.78364%, York Water Co (YORW): 1.76417%, Urstadt Biddle Properties Inc Class A (UBA): 1.76156%, Spire Inc (SR): 1.75542%
Thu, Jul. 28, 5:46 PM
Tue, Jun. 21, 7:54 AM
- Spire (NYSE:SR) announces a private placement with institutional investors of $165M of senior unsecured notes, consisting of $35M of 5-year notes and $130M of 10-year notes.
- Net proceeds will be utilised to fund a portion of the consideration for previously announced pending acquisition of Mobile Gas and Willmut Gas. The issuance and sale of the notes is expected to occur concurrently with or shortly before the closing of the acquisition, but may not occur later than December 31, 2016. If the acquisition for any reason does not close within three business days of the issuance of the notes, on the next business day, the notes will be repaid at par and cancelled. If the acquisition is terminated for any reason prior to issuance of the notes, the notes will not be issued. Depending on the date of issuance and sale, the 5-year notes will bear interest between 2.49% and 2.61%p.a. and the 10-year notes will bear interest between 3.11% and 3.19% p.a. With the completion of the acquisition financing, the company's $275M bridge loan commitment for the acquisition has terminated.
- Press Release
Wed, May 4, 7:05 AM
- Spire (NYSE:SR): FQ2 EPS of $2.37 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $609.3M (-30.6% Y/Y) misses by $198.51M.
Mon, May 2, 7:55 AM
- April monthly performance was: +2.25%
- $0.24 in dividends were paid in April
- Top 10 Holdings as of 3/31/2016: Targa Resources Corp (TRGP): 1.5%, Cal-Maine Foods Inc (CALM): 1.34%, Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): 1.1%, Innoviva Inc (INVA): 1.09%, Regal Entertainment Group (RGC): 0.94%, Black Hills Corp (BKH): 0.84%, ALLETE Inc (ALE): 0.8%, Pattern Energy Group Inc Class A (PEGI): 0.78%, Joy Global Inc (JOY): 0.74%, The Laclede Group Inc (LG): 0.72%
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:21 PM
- Spire (NYSE:LG) declares $0.49/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.08%
- Payable July 5; for shareholders of record June 10; ex-div June 8.
Tue, Apr. 26, 9:58 AM
- Sempra Energy (SRE +0.4%) agrees to sell EnergySouth, the parent company of Mobile Gas and Wilmut Gas, to Laclede Group (LG -0.6%) for ~$323M; LG also will assume existing debt of ~$67M.
- SRE says it can more productively redeploy the proceeds from the sale into long-term growth opportunities that meet its strategy.
- SRE says it will retain all non-utility businesses in EnergySouth.
- Now read J.P. Morgan on gas utilities: NiSource downgraded, Atmos undervalued
Mon, Apr. 4, 7:24 AM
- March monthly performance was: +9.16%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: -5%
- $0.11 in dividends were paid in March
- Top 10 Holdings as of 2/29/2016: Cal-Maine Foods Inc (CALM): 1.49%, Targa Resources Corp (TRGP): 1.45%, Innoviva Inc (INVA): 1.1%, Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): 0.98%, Regal Entertainment Group (RGC): 0.94%, Black Hills Corp (BKH): 0.85%, ALLETE Inc (ALE): 0.81%, Pattern Energy Group Inc Class A (PEGI): 0.75%, The Laclede Group Inc (LG): 0.75%, WisdomTree MidCap Dividend ETF (DON): 0.72%
Mon, Apr. 4, 7:22 AM
- March monthly performance was: +5.97%
- No dividends were paid in March
- Top 10 Holdings as of 2/29/2016: Black Hills Corp (BKH): 2.46%, SJW Corp (SJW): 2.21%, South Jersey Industries Inc (SJI): 2.11%, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL): 2.04%, New Jersey Resources Corp (NJR): 2.03%, MGE Energy Inc (MGEE): 2.03%, California Water Service Group (CWT): 2.02%, WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): 2.0%, The Laclede Group Inc (LG): 1.99%, ALLETE Inc (ALE): 1.97%
Tue, Mar. 29, 3:57 PM
- J.P. Morgan says premium multiples have made gas utility valuations relatively high, as the firm downgrades NiSource (NI +1%) to Neutral from Overweight with a $24 price target and reiterates Laclede Group (LG +2.5%) at Underweight.
- However, J.P. Morgan highlights Atmos Energy (ATO +2.3%) as a value opportunity, saying ATO is implementing an accelerated capital spending plan that has the potential to offer investors above average returns on investment.
- Based on five-year organic growth and no change in relative valuation, the firm foresees a respective best case total return of 8.5%, 7.9% and 6% for ATO, NI and LG, but views only ATO as offering relative and absolute value in a group multiple contraction scenario.
Wed, Mar. 2, 6:30 AM| Wed, Mar. 2, 6:30 AM
- February monthly performance was: +2.35%
- 52-week performance vs. the S&P 500 is: -4%
- $0.09 in dividends were paid in February
- Top 10 Holdings as of 1/29/2016: Cal-Maine Foods Inc (CALM): 1.43%, Targa Resources Corp (TRGP): 1.24%, Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): 1.02%, Innoviva Inc (INVA): 0.95%, Pattern Energy Group Inc Class A (PEGI): 0.85%, Regal Entertainment Group (RGC): 0.84%, ALLETE Inc (ALE): 0.83%, Black Hills Corp (BKH): 0.76%, Laclede Group Inc (LG): 0.75%, WisdomTree MidCap Dividend ETF (DON): 0.74%
Wed, Feb. 3, 7:04 AM
- Laclede (NYSE:LG): FQ1 EPS of $1.04 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $399.4M (-35.5% Y/Y) misses by $247.72M.