Sorrento Therapeutics: Has The Potential To Become Next Abraxis
Grant Zeng, CFA
Grant Zeng, CFA
Mon, May 16, 9:19 AM
Mon, May 9, 1:12 PM
- Thinly traded micro cap Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE +7.2%) announces that, earlier this year, it engaged Guggenheim Securities and PJT Partners to assist it in assessing strategic alternatives to maximize shareholder value.
- The company has no definite timeline for any type of deal and says there is a possibility of no deal at all. It does not intend to disclose any further information on the matter until such time as a material event warrants such disclosure.
- The company's oncology pipeline includes six monoclonal antibodies and five CAR-T programs.
Tue, Apr. 5, 7:12 AM
- Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRNE) enters into definitive agreements with institutional investors and its strategic corporate partner, Yuhan Corp. of South Korea, for the private placement of ~$150M of newly issued common stock at $5.55 per share and warrants to purchase common stock at $8.50 per share.
- Net proceeds will fund pipeline development and general corporate purposes.
- Yesterday's close was $6.30.
- Read now Sorrento Therapeutics Bottoming At $5 To $6 Per Share And Offering Material Upside
Tue, Jan. 12, 8:33 AM
- Cellectis S.A. (NASDAQ:CLLS) is up 9% premarket on light volume in response to the news that it has developed a new chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) architecture that permits control over CAR-T cell functions, potentially enabling the ability to control unwanted risks such a cytokine-release syndrome and "on-target, off-tumor" effect. Currently, the only remedies for these effects rely on suicide mechanisms that completely eradicate the engineered T-cells which results in a premature end of the treatment.
- Cellectis scientists engineered a system directly integrated with the CAR architecture by adding a small molecule that turns a CAR-T cell from an "off" state to an "on" state, thereby controlling activation and mitigating the risk of CAR-induced toxicities. It also creates opportunities for spatial activation of the engineered CAR-T cells using local targeted drug delivery.
- The study was just published in the journal Scientific Reports.
- Related tickers: (NASDAQ:JUNO)(NASDAQ:KITE)(NASDAQ:BLUE)(NASDAQ:BLCM)(NYSE:NVS)(NASDAQ:SRNE)
Dec. 22, 2015, 12:50 PM
- Thinly traded micro cap Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE +16.4%) shows some pep in early trading on triple normal volume. The only news is the initiation of coverage by FBR capital with an Outperform rating and $22 (142% upside) price target.
- The company is developing a range of monoclonal antibodies and immuno-oncology therapies. Its one of many in the universe of Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, who became famous after he founded and sold Abraxis BioScience to Celgene for $3B in 2010.
Jul. 28, 2015, 12:40 PM
Jul. 28, 2015, 12:34 PM
- NantKwest (NASDAQ:NK) is up a respectable 33% on its first day of trading. Turnover is over 7M shares.
- Investors may have expected a more robust first day pop. They appear to be taking their disappointment out on NantWorks collaborator Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE -12.2%). Shares are off on double normal volume.
Jun. 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
Jan. 15, 2015, 12:45 PM
Dec. 24, 2014, 12:44 PM
Dec. 15, 2014, 1:40 PM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE +26.9%) jumps on a 10x surge in volume in response to its announcement of a strategic collaboration with a subsidiary of NantWorks to develop next generation immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and auto-immune diseases. The partners will make establish "The Immunotherapy Antibody JV" with $20M of joint funding. As part of the agreement, the Nantworks subsidiary will establish a 19.9% equity stake in Sorrento at a per-share price of $5.80 as well as warrants to purchase 1,724,138 additional shares at $5.80.
- The JV will focus on accelerating the development of multiple immuno-oncology monoclonal antibodies including, but not limited to, anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1 and anti-CTLA4.
- NantWorks' founder is California-based Dr. Patrick-Soon Shiong, the world's richest doctor by virtue of the sale of two of his companies, Abraxis (to Celgene) and American Pharmaceutical Partners (to Fresenius) for a combined $9.1B. He is also the inventor Abraxane (paclitaxel) and a part owner of the Los Angeles Lakers.
Dec. 15, 2014, 12:52 PM
Sep. 16, 2014, 12:46 PM
May 15, 2014, 12:46 PM
May 15, 2014, 9:15 AM
May 15, 2014, 7:28 AM
- Shares of thinly traded nano cap Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE) are off 21% premarket after it announces the pricing of its secondary stock offering of 4.765M shares. The $5.25 offer price represents a discount of almost 22% from yesterday's close of $6.70. Gross proceeds will be ~$25M. Underwriters over-allotment is 714,750 shares.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company, which engaged in the acquisition, discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary drug therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs. Its products and technologies have much broader clinical applications... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR