Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc.NASDAQ
Nov. 24, 2014, 8:58 AM
- Sarepta Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRPT) is up 14% premarket on robust volume in response to BioMarin Pharmaceuticals' (NASDAQ:BMRN) announced acquisition of Prosensa Holding N.V. (NASDAQ:RNA) for $680M.
- Some observers believe Sarepta's Duchenne muscular dystrophy drug eteplirsen is better than Prosensa's drisapersen which makes it a more attractive acquisition target.
- Previously: BioMarin buys Prosensa
- Previously: Sarepta +11.2% following FDA statement
Jun. 5, 2014, 9:19 AM
- Analysts say that Shire's (SHPG) attractive pipeline and tax inversion-stoking location make it a prime acquisition target. For example, Allergan (AGN) approached the company in April about a potential deal. Its best defense against an unwanted takeover may be to go on the offensive and make an acquisition itself. This would seem to be a good strategy since CEO Flemming Ornskov likes to acquire. He has presided over at least six acquisitions since taking the helm.
- Cenkos Securities' Navid Malik perceives that Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT), Prosensa (RNA) and ThromboGenics are attractive targets. So is NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP), but its CEO says the two firms aren't talking.