STRATA Skin Sciences, IncNASDAQ
Thu, Nov. 10, 4:05 PM
Thu, Aug. 11, 4:01 PM
Thu, May 12, 4:04 PM
- STRATA Skin Sciences (NASDAQ:SSKN): Q1 EPS of -$0.26 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $7.6M misses by $1.6M.
Fri, Mar. 11, 9:17 AM
Dec. 22, 2015, 10:24 AM
- On January 5, MELA Sciences (MELA +1.8%) will change its name to STRATA Skin Sciences, reflecting a broader presence in and commitment to dermatology. The new symbol, effective at the open, will be SSKN.
- The company's product portfolio includes the XTRAC laser for the treatment of psoriasis, the VTRAC excimer lamp for vitiligo and MelaFind lesion analysis system to aid in the identification of melanoma skin cancer.
Nov. 12, 2015, 4:07 PM
- MELA Sciences (NASDAQ:MELA): Q3 EPS of -$1.29 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.11.
- Revenue of $8.3M beats by $0.2M.
Nov. 12, 2015, 8:31 AM
Aug. 13, 2015, 4:03 PM
- MELA Sciences (NASDAQ:MELA): Q2 EPS of -$0.97 may not be comparable to consensus of -$0.31.
- Revenue of $0.6M (+200.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.4M.
Jun. 23, 2015, 10:44 AM
- Investors react to the implied dilution of MELA Sciences' (MELA -24.7%) acquisition of PhotoMedex's XTRAC and VTRAC dermatology businesses for $42.5M in cash and the assumption of certain liabilities. MELA funded the deal by issuing senior secured notes and convertible debt to certain institutional investors in a private placement. The transaction includes warrants to purchase 3M shares of common stock at $0.75 per share and $32.5M principal amount of senior secured convertible debentures that are convertible into ~43.3M shares of common stock at $0.75 per share.
- XTRAC is an ultraviolet light excimer laser system. VTRAC is an ultraviolet excimer lamp system. Both businesses generated $30.6M in revenues in 2014, an increase of 41% from the prior year. Gross margin was 60.1%. As of March 2015, there were 640 XTRAC systems installed in the U.S. Over 300K XTRAC procedures were performed on ~19K patients in the U.S. last year.
Jun. 23, 2015, 9:16 AM
Mar. 30, 2015, 8:25 AM
- MELA Sciences (MELA +4.5%) FY14 results: Revenues: $0.9M (+80.0%); COGS: $4.9M (+14.0%); R&D Expense: $1.6M (-57.9%); SG&A: $11M (-29.0%); Operating Loss: ($16.6M) (+31.1%); Net Loss: ($16M) (+38.2%); Loss Per Share: ($3.03) (+49.9%); Quick Assets: $11.4M (+200.0%); CF Ops: ($17.7M) (+8.8%).
- No guidance given.
Mar. 30, 2015, 8:08 AM
- MELA Sciences (NASDAQ:MELA): FY14 EPS of -$3.03
- Revenue of $0.92M (+70.4% Y/Y)
Mar. 11, 2015, 12:47 PM
Mar. 11, 2015, 9:11 AM
Mar. 11, 2015, 8:11 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Mela Sciences (NASDAQ:MELA) is up 76% premarket on robust volume in response to its disclosure in a regulatory filing that the CPT Editorial Panel accepted the addition of two Category III reimbursement codes, 039XX1T and 039XX2T, to report multi-spectral digital skin lesion analysis of atypical cutaneous lesions, which applies to its MelaFind system.
- The establishment of the codes is the first step in securing Medicare reimbursement. Once the codes are identified, the Department of Health and Human Services sets the specific dollar amount for each one. All third party payments for medical procedures, public or private, key off this amount. Category III codes allow for data collection which is used to evaluate the procedure.
- MelaFind is a hand-held optical device that a dermatologist uses to scan a patient's skin in order to obtain additional information for a decision to biopsy in cases of suspected melanoma.
Mar. 9, 2015, 12:45 PM