Mar. 30, 2015, 10:17 AM
- E.W. Scripps (NYSE:SSP) declares $1.0297/share special dividend.
- Payable April 1; for shareholders of record March 25; ex-div March 23.
Mar. 13, 2015, 4:41 PM
- With their merger and business spinoffs approved by shareholders, E.W. Scripps (SSP +2.4%) and Journal Communications (JRN +2.1%) have set related record dates around the transaction.
- Shareholder in both companies of record as of the close of March 25 will receive shares in the new entity, Journal Media Group (Pending:JMG), which will hold the two companies' newspaper assets from here. The share transfer is effective with the closing of the transactions, expected April 1.
- As for a special $60M cash dividend for Scripps (about $1/share), it will go to Scripps shareholders of record as of the close of March 25.
- When-issued trading for JMG starts March 23, and Scripps A shares will trade from that date on an "ex-distribution" and "when-issued" basis.
- Previously: After merger vote, Scripps gets credit upgrade from S&P (Mar. 11 2015)
- Previously: Scripps, Journal Communications shareholders OK merger/spinoff (Mar. 11 2015)
The E.W. Scripps Co. is a diversified media company, which engages in television and newspaper publishing. Its media businesses provide content and advertising services via Internet. It operates through the following segments: Television, Newspaper, and Syndication and Other. The Television... More
Industry: Publishing - Newspapers
Country: United States
Other News & PR