There are no Focus articles on SSREF.
at CNBC.com (Aug 6, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 5, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 3, 2014)
Wed, Jun. 11, 8:06 AM
Oct. 14, 2013, 5:00 PM
- Swiss Re (SSREF.OB) is considering divesting its Aurora National Life Assurance business in a retreat from the U.S. life and health insurance market, Bloomberg reports. It has retained Barclays for the purpose, and the sale may fetch more than $400M according to sources.
- The unit held ~$3B in assets and serviced more than 88K policies as of 2012. Another segment of the SRLC America Holding parent were sold in 2012 for $663M to Prudential (leading to a $399M loss).
Sep. 8, 2013, 10:46 PM
- MetLife (MET), Prudential (PRU), Swiss RE (SSREY.OB, SSREF.OB), and JPMorgan (JPM) are among those investing in a new $400M P-E fund being put together by Leapfrog Investments to sell financial services in developing countries.
- The group will disclose Monday it has raised $204M thus far and plans to raise another $200M in coming months.
- The fund is looking at prospective investments in India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka, as well as parts of sub-Saharan Africa.
- It's no secret developed market insurers have looked to emerging economies for growth, but those efforts previously were aimed at hitting relatively prosperous emerging middle classes, and avoiding the high volume, low margin business of offering financial services to the world's poorest people. This has changed of late and Leapfrog says the big players are increasingly interested in this area. "We see decades of opportunity ahead," says Leapfrog founder Andrew Kuper.
Nov. 14, 2012, 9:06 AMRoche (RHHBY.OB) has come up with a novel way to sell cancer drugs to millions of Chinese who couldn't otherwise afford treatment: first sell them insurance. Roche has teamed up with Swiss Re, which re-insures local insurers that sell the policies. Around 6M people have bought the scheme and another 6M are expected to sign up next year. | Comment!
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
SSREF vs. ETF Alternatives
The Swiss Re Group is a leading wholesale provider of reinsurance, insurance and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer. Dealing direct and working through brokers, its global client base consists of insurance companies, mid-to-large-sized corporations and public sector clients. From... More
Other News & PR