SunLink Health Systems Is Extracting Value By Breaking Itself Up
John Leonard, CFA
John Leonard, CFA
Thu, Sep. 22, 8:31 AM
- Aeropostale will keep 75 more stores after securing a reduction in rents from more landlords. The mall chain will now have 475 stores still operating in the U.S. at last count. a much higher than originally anticipated.
- The unusual buyout of Aeropostale by Simon Properties, General Growth Properties, and Authentic Brands Group could be of interest to investors of other mall chains such as bebe stores (NASDAQ:BEBE), Destination XL Group (NASDAQ:DXLG), Chico's FAS (NYSE:CHS), and Stage Stores (NYSEMKT:SSY).
- Previously: Aeropostale to live on at malls (Sept. 16)
Thu, Sep. 1, 12:47 PM
Thu, Sep. 1, 11:00 AM
Mon, Aug. 29, 11:00 AM
Fri, Aug. 26, 11:00 AM
Thu, Aug. 25, 12:45 PM
Thu, Aug. 25, 11:00 AM
Fri, May 13, 8:39 AM
Thu, May 12, 4:20 PM
- Hospital stocks took it on the chin today as bearish investors anticipate the potential softening of revenues after a federal judge ruled that the Obama administration is unconstitutionally spending money to reimburse health insurers for the extra cost of providing coverage to low-income Americans under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) without obtaining an appropriation from Congress.
- House Republicans sued Obama accusing the President of violating the law by delaying the enforcement of several provisions of the ACA. Lawyers later focused on the reimbursements, which could be as high as $175B over a decade according to Republicans. Predictably, administration attorneys say the suit should be dismissed because the House has no legal right to sue considering the reimbursements were authorized by law.
- Judge Rosemary Collyer, appointed by George W. Bush in 2002, issued an order stopping further reimbursements, but its implementation will be delayed until the appeal process runs its course.
- Related tickers: (CYH -10.8%)(HUM -2.5%)(HCA -3.2%)(HLS -1.5%)(KND -8.1%)(LPNT -3.3%)(THC -9.8%)(SSY -1.5%)
Tue, Feb. 16, 5:16 PM
- SunLink Health Systems (NYSEMKT:SSY): FQ2 EPS of -$0.98
- Revenue of $20.3M (-12.1% Y/Y)
Nov. 17, 2015, 12:47 PM
Nov. 16, 2015, 9:22 AM
- SunLink Health Systems (SSY) FQ1 results: Revenues: $20.5M (-8.5%); Operating Loss: ($1.8M) (-700.0%); Net Loss: ($1.5M) (-999%); Loss Per Share: ($0.16) (-999%); Quick Assets: $4.5M (-25.0%).
- No guidance given.
Nov. 16, 2015, 8:12 AM
- SunLink Health Systems (NYSEMKT:SSY): FQ1 EPS of -$0.16
- Revenue of $20.47M (-8.5% Y/Y)
Sep. 24, 2015, 5:42 PM
- SunLink Health Systems (NYSEMKT:SSY): FQ4 EPS of $0.01
- Revenue of $22.98M (+6.4% Y/Y)
Jun. 26, 2015, 12:45 PM
May 14, 2015, 4:40 PM
- SunLink Health Systems (NYSEMKT:SSY): FQ3 EPS of -$0.03
- Revenue of $23.35M (-4.6% Y/Y)