Fri, Aug. 1, 4:40 PM
- STAAR Surgical Co. (STAA -15.6%) Q2 results: Revenue: $20.0M (+9.9%); Gross Profit: $13.7M (+8.7%); Operating Expenses: $15.1M (+26.9%); Operating Loss: ($1.4M) (-300.3%); Net Loss: ($1.8M) (-743.5%); Loss Per Share: ($0.05) (-600.0%); Quick Assets: $19.2M (-16.5%); CF Ops: ($4.1M) (-999%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenue growth: 8 - 10%.
- 2014 Objectives: ICL revenue growth: 20%; gross margin expansion: 300 bps (72.7%); GAAP net income: >0.
- President and CEO Barry G. Caldwell expects 2H revenue growth rate to be higher than 1H.
Thu, Jul. 31, 4:44 PM
Tue, Jul. 1, 12:48 PM
Mon, Apr. 28, 4:22 PM
Mon, Apr. 28, 4:12 PM| Comment!
Sun, Apr. 27, 5:35 PM
Mon, Mar. 17, 12:45 PM
Mon, Mar. 17, 8:45 AM
- Canaccord Genuity upgrades STAAR Surgical (STAA) to Buy with a price target of $20.
- Consensus estimates for 2014 and 2015 are EPS of $0.17 on revenues of $80M and EPS of $0.44 on revenues of $93M, respectively.
- The firm announces a positive ad comm vote for its Vision Implantable Lens (TICL).
- 163 mutual funds have positions, up from 126 a year earlier.
Wed, Feb. 26, 5:37 PM
Wed, Feb. 26, 4:16 PM| Comment!
Wed, Feb. 26, 12:10 AM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 25, 5:35 PM| 4 Comments
Oct. 30, 2013, 5:31 PM
Sep. 10, 2013, 3:39 PM| Comment!
Aug. 19, 2013, 3:58 PMStaar Surgical gets approval to market it Visian Implantable Collamer Lens with CentralFLOW in India| Comment!
Aug. 1, 2013, 3:17 PM
- STAAR Surgical (STAA +18.5%) soars following the company's Q2 report.
- Visian ICL sales rise 31% Y/Y to $11.3M, mostly comprised of unit sales growth (as opposed to price increases).
- IOL revenue falls by ~1% Y/Y on a constant currency basis.
- Outlook: Full year revenue growth of 12-14% versus previous guidance of 8-10%, gross margin expansion of at least 250 bps, and GAAP profitability in every quarter. (PR)
STAA vs. ETF Alternatives
STAAR Surgical designs, develops, manufactures and sells implantable lenses for the eye. The Company is a maker of lenses used in corrective surgery, and it also makes lenses for use in surgery that treats cataracts.
Other News & PR