Wed, Jun. 1, 7:15 AM| Wed, Jun. 1, 7:15 AM
Dec. 16, 2014, 10:30 AM
- Retailers and restaurateurs are optimistic that holiday spending on adult beverages will pick up this holiday season due to the improved economic backdrop, according to research firm Technomic.
- Though consumers are likely to stick with many of their built-up cost assessment habits, strong brands could see a sales boost on some splurging.
- Spirits/beer stocks: BUD, DEO, OTCPK:CABGY, TAP, SAM, BF.A, BF.B, STZ, OTCPK:PDRDY, OTCPK:STBFY.
Mar. 6, 2014, 8:06 AM
Jan. 31, 2014, 11:32 AM| Jan. 31, 2014, 11:32 AM
Jan. 15, 2014, 9:37 AM
- Liberum thinks a consortium led by Diageo (DEO -1.6%) will come in with a bid to top the $16B Suntory (STBFY) is willing to pony up for Beam (BEAM).
- The interesting part of the equation for Diageo is that if it partners up it can end up only buying the strategic bourbon and tequila lines which would lead to significant synergies.
Jan. 14, 2014, 9:35 AM
- A mega-merger between Suntory and Beam (BEAM) would leave the global spirits industry with four major heavyweights controlling most of the premium brands.
- Analysts see the status quo remaining in place for a while, with M&A activity likely to cool off to include only smaller boutique sellers.
- The four majors: Diageo (DEO), Pernod (PDRDY), Suntory (STBFY) and Brown-Forman (BF.A, BF.B)
Jan. 13, 2014, 2:22 PM
- Analysts see the 25% premium that Suntory (STBFY) paid to acquire Beam (BEAM +24.3%) as a fair price that might limit any other bidders from jumping in.
- For Suntory, the deal is all about bourbon and striking a presence in the United States. After sitting with a market share of less than 1%, Suntory will suddenly be a major player in the U.S.
Jan. 13, 2014, 7:17 AM
Currently, there's no company description for STBFY.