Wed, May 25, 1:25 PM
- STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) declares $0.06/share quarterly dividend, -40% decrease from prior dividend of $0.10.
- Forward yield 4.01%
- Payable June 28; for shareholders of record June 21; ex-div June 17.
- Payable Sept. 27; for shareholders of record Sept. 20; ex-div Sept. 16.
- Payable Dec. 28; for shareholders of record Dec 20; ex-div Dec. 16.
- Payable Mar. 28, 2017; for shareholders of record Mar. 21; ex-div Mar. 17.
Oct. 26, 2015, 2:20 PM
- Bloomberg reports the French and Italian governments, which collectively own 27.5% of STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), want the chipmaker to cut its dividend to give it more flexibility to up its R&D spend.
- STMicro currently sports a 5.1% yield, well above that of most dividend-paying chip stocks. Meanwhile, the company is expected by the Street to see revenue drop 4.5% in 2015. Sales have been pressured by the ST-Ericsson JV wind-down, weak PC sales, set-top IC competition from Broadcom, and microcontroller competition from a variety of rivals.
- Shares have fallen towards $7.50. In addition to Bloomberg's report, a weak Q3 report from fellow European chipmaker Dialog Semi could be weighing. STMicro's Q3 results arrive on Thursday morning.
Dec. 4, 2014, 4:56 PM
- STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) declares $0.10/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. (Q4 & Q1)
- Forward yield 5.28%.