Stamps.com A Little Too Hot
Stamps.com: The Software Valeant?
Stamps.com: When Numbers Look Too Good To Be True, They Probably Are
The Friendly Bear • 22 Comments
The Friendly Bear • 22 Comments
Tue, Aug. 23, 4:52 AM
- The CFA Society of Minnesota hosts an under-the-radar conference today and tomorrow with a powerful roster of presenting companies.
- The event was moved to later in the month this year in a development which pushes many of the companies past the quiet period imposed around their earnings releases.
- Notable names in attendance will include Target (NYSE:TGT), Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Piper Jaffray (NYSE:PJC), Spectrum Brands (NYSE:SPB), 3M (NYSE:MMM), and AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN).
Thu, Jul. 28, 4:37 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 9:04 AM| Thu, Jul. 28, 9:04 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, AFL, AIV, AJG, ALDW, ALGN, ALJ, AMZN, ARII, ATEN, ATR, AUY, BCOV, BGS, BIDU, BOOM, BRKS, CAA, CATM, CBL, CBS, CENX, CHMT, CLD, CLMS, COLM, COWN, CPHD, CPT, CUBE, CWST, CY, DECK, DGI, DGII, DLR, DTLK, ECOL, EEP, EGO, EHTH, EIX, ELLI, EMN, EQC, ES, ESS, EXPE, EYES, FE, FET, FICO, FII, FIX, FLS, FPO, FR, FTNT, GIMO, GNMK, GOOG, HIG, HLS, IM, INVA, INVN, ISIL, ITGR, IXYS, KAMN, KBR, KLAC, KRG, LEG, LMNX, LPLA, LYV, MATW, MOBL, MSCC, MSTR, MTD, N, NGVC, NR, NSR, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PFG, PXLW, QGEN, QSII, RGA, RMD, ROVI, RSG, RTEC, SB, SBAC, SKYW, SNMX, SPNC, SRCL, STMP, STRZA, SYNA, TCO, TFSL, THG, TLGT, TNDM, UCTT, ULH, VCRA, VDSI, VRSN, WDC, WLK, WRI, WYNN, YRCW
Wed, Jul. 20, 9:00 AM
- Craig-Hallum defends its bullish stance on Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP) after the company took on a barrage of criticism from Prescience Point Research this week in a biting article.
- The investment firm backs its Buy rating and notes that the Prescience attack was timed well with Stamps.com in a quiet period.
- STMP +1.35% premarket to $72.30 vs. PP's price target of $15 and Craig Hallum's PT of $150.
Thu, Jul. 14, 11:47 AM
- Prescience Point issues a scathing report on Stamps.com (STMP -1%) as it rates the services stock a Strong Sell.
- The research firm maintains it uncovered "curious" and "undisclosed" relationships between Stamps.com and postage reseller companies.
- 80% downside for Stamp.com's share price is seen by PP with its $15 price target.
- Full Prescience Point report (.pdf)
Wed, Jul. 13, 3:00 PM
Mon, Jul. 11, 3:00 PM
Mon, Jul. 11, 12:48 PM
Tue, Jul. 5, 7:06 AM
- Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP) announced completion of ShippingEasy acquisition for ~$55M in cash. The company will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary and will be managed by its existing management team.
- The company plans to make inducement awards to ShippingEasy employees entering employment with Stamps.com.
- Press Release
Wed, May 11, 12:28 PM
- "The mall is not dead, it has just moved online," asserts EQM Indexes CEO and SA contributor Jane Edmondson. Though her analysis is not entirely new, it's certainly well-timed amid a battering of mall-based chains this week (see reports on L Brands, Gap, and Macy's for some of the carnage details).
- EQM licensed its online retail index to ETF provider Amplify Investment for use in the new Amplify Online Retail ETF (NASDAQ:IBUY).
- The online retail ETF lists Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI), PetMed Express (NASDAQ:PETS), Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY), Amazon (of course), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), Grubhub (NYSE:GRUB), Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK), FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD), Wayfair (NYSE:W), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), and Lands End (NASDAQ:LE) as top holdings.
- The fund has only traded for a few weeks, but could catch some attention with the ground shifting underneath traditional retail.
- Earlier today, the Global Millennials Thematic ETF (NASDAQ:MILN) was highlighted. This ETF shares some of the same holdings as the online retail play and has Amazon as its top holding.
- Complete list of Amplify Online Retail ETF holdings
- Previously: Amazon rambles to all-time high amid retail chaos (May 11)
Tue, May 10, 9:16 AM
Mon, May 9, 5:40 PM
Mon, May 9, 4:38 PM
Sun, May 8, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, AMPH, APEI, ARNA, ASEI, BKD, CDXS, CUI, CVG, DCO, DMD, DNB, DPLO, DTSI, ELGX, FENG, FRGI, GLOB, GSBD, HALO, HK, HTZ, IFF, INGN, INVN, INWK, IRWD, IVR, JPEP, JUNO, KEG, KITE, LBTYA, LC, LOPE, LSCC, MBI, MODN, MXL, NLS, NOG, NVGS, NVRO, OAS, OPK, OPWR, PEN, PINC, PLOW, PRAA, PSIX, RARE, RAX, RBC, REN, RVNC, SCTY, SEDG, SEMI, SF, SNHY, SREV, SSNI, STMP, TCX, TMH, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, VTL, VVC
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:38 AM
- Shares of Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP) are down 14.1% in early trading to sink to their lowest level of the year.
- Seeking Alpha contributor The Friendly Bear posted a negative take on the Internet mailing firm earlier today.
- The article points to some undisclosed settlements between Stamps.com and state governments.
- "Near-term, we expect the stock to trace back to its historical EV/EBITDA level of ~10x, or ~50% near-term downside from current levels ($50 target price)," writes The Friendly Bear.
- Stamps.com will have its say on May 5 when earnings are reported and execs host a conference call.
Stamps.com, Inc. provides Internet based postage services. The company offers solutions for mailing and shipping various mail pieces, such as postcards, envelopes, flats, and packages using a range of United States Postal Service (USPS) mail classes, including First Class Mail, Priority Mail,... More
Industry: Catalog & Mail Order Houses
Country: United States