Stamps.com A Little Too Hot
Stamps.com: A Solid Dot-Com Success
Joseph P. Porter
Joseph P. Porter
Wed, May 11, 12:28 PM
- "The mall is not dead, it has just moved online," asserts EQM Indexes CEO and SA contributor Jane Edmondson. Though her analysis is not entirely new, it's certainly well-timed amid a battering of mall-based chains this week (see reports on L Brands, Gap, and Macy's for some of the carnage details).
- EQM licensed its online retail index to ETF provider Amplify Investment for use in the new Amplify Online Retail ETF (NASDAQ:IBUY).
- The online retail ETF lists Copart (NASDAQ:CPRT), NutriSystem (NASDAQ:NTRI), PetMed Express (NASDAQ:PETS), Shutterfly (NASDAQ:SFLY), Amazon (of course), PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL), Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP), Grubhub (NYSE:GRUB), Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK), FTD Companies (NASDAQ:FTD), Wayfair (NYSE:W), Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), and Lands End (NASDAQ:LE) as top holdings.
- The fund has only traded for a few weeks, but could catch some attention with the ground shifting underneath traditional retail.
- Earlier today, the Global Millennials Thematic ETF (NASDAQ:MILN) was highlighted. This ETF shares some of the same holdings as the online retail play and has Amazon as its top holding.
- Complete list of Amplify Online Retail ETF holdings
- Previously: Amazon rambles to all-time high amid retail chaos (May 11)
Tue, May 10, 9:16 AM
Mon, May 9, 5:40 PM
Mon, May 9, 4:38 PM
Sun, May 8, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, AMPH, APEI, ARNA, ASEI, BKD, CDXS, CUI, CVG, DCO, DMD, DNB, DPLO, DTSI, ELGX, FENG, FRGI, GLOB, GSBD, HALO, HK, HTZ, IFF, INGN, INVN, INWK, IRWD, IVR, JPEP, JUNO, KEG, KITE, LBTYA, LC, LOPE, LSCC, MBI, MODN, MXL, NLS, NOG, NVGS, NVRO, OAS, OPK, OPWR, PEN, PINC, PLOW, PRAA, PSIX, RARE, RAX, RBC, REN, RVNC, SCTY, SEDG, SEMI, SF, SNHY, SREV, SSNI, STMP, TCX, TMH, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, VTL, VVC
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:38 AM
- Shares of Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP) are down 14.1% in early trading to sink to their lowest level of the year.
- Seeking Alpha contributor The Friendly Bear posted a negative take on the Internet mailing firm earlier today.
- The article points to some undisclosed settlements between Stamps.com and state governments.
- "Near-term, we expect the stock to trace back to its historical EV/EBITDA level of ~10x, or ~50% near-term downside from current levels ($50 target price)," writes The Friendly Bear.
- Stamps.com will have its say on May 5 when earnings are reported and execs host a conference call.
Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM| Thu, Apr. 28, 9:16 AM
Fri, Feb. 26, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: RRM +49%. SUNE +31%. AMTG +31%. SGMS +27%. STMP +26%. GOL +19%. SPLK +17%. JCP +16%. HLF +13%. BIDU +11%. SYN +10%. GLBL +8%. WLL +9%. FCX +7%. CHK +7%. PANW +8%. NRF +6%. TCK +6%. MRO +6%. KHC +6%. GRPN 5%. HLT 5%.
- Losers: RJET -83%. PPHM -60%. CARA -36%. WTW -28%. SWN -14%. GG -11%. FOLD -9%. RBS -8%. MNKD -6%. ARI -5%.
Thu, Feb. 25, 5:45 PM
Thu, Feb. 25, 5:09 PM
- Along with trouncing Q4 estimates, Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP) is guiding for 2016 revenue of $290M-$310M and EPS of $5.00-$5.50, above a consensus of $278.1M and $4.34.
- With the help of the Endicia acquisition, mailing/shipping revenue rose 67% Y/Y to $67.2M. and customized postage revenue rose 78% to $2.7M. Gross margin was 81.7%, and GAAP operating expenses rose 75% Y/Y to $57.7M.
- STMP +21.1% after hours to $116.60.
- Stamps.com's Q4 results, earnings release
Thu, Feb. 25, 4:39 PM
Wed, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ADSK, AEGR, AGO, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALEX, AMH, ATLS, AXLL, BGS, BIDU, BIO, BLOX, BMRN, BVN, CBI, CBPO, CLVS, COWN, CSU, CVT, DGI, DK, DKL, DLR, EBS, ENV, EOG, EVC, GERN, GG, GPS, GSAT, HASI, HEI, HK, HLF, HTGC, HWAY, IART, IM, IMMR, INTU, KBR, KHC, KND, KW, KWR, LYV, MACK, MAIN, MDVN, MELI, MHK, MITT, MNST, MTZ, NDLS, NNI, NTRI, OLED, OUT, OVAS, PANW, PBA, PEGA, PFMT, PODD, PRAA, RARE, RBA, RLOC, RPTP, RRC, RRMS, RTRX, SBAC, SEM, SEMG, SPLK, SPNC, SSRI, STAG, STMP, STRZA, SWN, TSRO, TWOU, TXMD, UHS, WIFI, WPG, WTW, XNPT, ZOES
Nov. 6, 2015, 12:44 PM
Nov. 5, 2015, 5:40 PM
Nov. 5, 2015, 4:46 PM
- Stamps.com (NASDAQ:STMP): Q3 EPS of $1.14 beats by $0.29.
- Revenue of $51.67M (+36.6% Y/Y) beats by $3.66M.
- Shares +19.77%.
Nov. 4, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABCO, ABTL, ACAD, ACET, ACHN, AEGR, AGO, AHS, AIRM, AL, ALEX, ALIM, AMBR, AMRS, AMTG, ANET, ARCW, ATHX, ATSG, BBG, BBRG, BCEI, BEBE, BLDR, BPI, BRKS, BRS, CALD, CBI, CERS, CLNE, CLVS, CMLS, CORT, CPST, CSOD, CTCT, CUBE, CYBR, CYTX, DATA, DIOD, DIS, DMD, DWA, EAC, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ED, EFC, EGN, EGOV, ELON, EOG, ERII, EVC, EXAR, FICO, FNGN, FTEK, FXCM, GDOT, GERN, GLUU, GSAT, GSM, GST, GXP, HAIN, HBM, HE, HK, HNSN, HTGC, ICUI, INAP, INFI, INWK, IRG, JJSF, KHC, KTOS, LBTYA, LNT, MAIN, MASI, MDRX, MDVN, MED, MHK, MITK, MNST, MRC, MSCC, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NKTR, NVDA, OLED, ONTY, OREX, OUT, PCTY, PETX, PKI, PLT, PODD, PRAA, PRO, PXLW, QRVO, RATE, RBA, RLYP, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RRTS, SEMG, SHAK, SKUL, SLH, SNAK, SREV, SSRI, STMP, SWIR, SWKS, TCRD, TCX, TEAR, TNGO, TRIP, TRMR, TRQ, TRUE, TTWO, UBNT, UEPS, VRNS, VVC, WAGE, WG, WIFI, WTW, XOMA, YUME
Stamps.com, Inc. provides Internet based postage services. The company offers solutions for mailing and shipping various mail pieces, such as postcards, envelopes, flats, and packages using a range of United States Postal Service (USPS) mail classes, including First Class Mail, Priority Mail,... More
Industry: Catalog & Mail Order Houses
Country: United States
Other News & PR