Strayer Education: New Asset To Generate Growth
Growth And Buyback Catalysts Make Strayer A Compelling Long
Brian Grosso • 12 Comments
Brian Grosso • 12 Comments
Strayer Education: An Inexpensive And Improving Business Within A Difficult Industry
Brian Sanders • 16 Comments
Brian Sanders • 16 Comments
Wed, Aug. 10, 11:50 AM
- Strayer Education (STRA -1%) announces the launch of job recruitment tool PathBoost.
- The company says PathBoost creates scalable solutions that can be adapted to help with talent acquisition, retention, and productivity.
- “According to a recent Harris Interactive/Glassdoor survey, sixty seven percent of employers believe that retention rates would increase if employees had a crystal clear picture of the role they are applying for and what is expected of them during the interview and on-boarding process,” says Strayer CEO Karl McDonnell.
- Strayer continues to branch out amid a trend of falling revenue per student enrolled.
- Source: Press Release
Wed, Jul. 27, 6:31 AM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:30 PM
- ANGI, ANTM, ARMH, AUO, AVX, BA, BAH, BOKF, CFR, CG, CMCSA, CRCM, CRI, DCIX, DHX, DPS, DX, DXYN, ENTG, ETM, EVR, FCAU, FCF, FDML, FLIR, FSV, GCI, GD, GIB, GIL, GLW, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, HUN, I, IMS, IR, KO, LH, LL, LVLT, MDCO, MDLZ, MHO, MMYT, MO, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OC, PB, POL, Q, R, RES, ROK, ROL, RTIX, SALT, SEIC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SNAK, SO, SONS, SPG, STM, STRA, STT, SUP, SVU, TMUS, TPH, TYPE, UCBI, UFS, UMC, VLY, WCIC, WEC, WEX, WIX, WM, WOOF, WYN
Mon, Jun. 13, 3:53 PM
- The Department of Education published a set of proposed rules that define when students can take legal action against for-profit colleges and petition to have their federal loans forgiven.
- Some consumer advocacy groups don't think the measures go for enough, while pro-industry associations are railing against the extra regulation.
- On watch: CECO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU, NAUH.
- Proposed DOE rules (.pdf)
Wed, May 4, 6:32 AM
Tue, May 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ASC, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BDC, BUD, CDW, CHH, CLH, CPK, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CSTE, D, DLPH, DNOW, ECYT, EE, ENR, FUN, GEL, GNRC, GTE, HAIN, HE, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTWR, HYH, ICE, INXN, IONS, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LGND, MEMP, MFA, MMP, MOS, MPW, MTOR, NBL, NGS, NJR, NRZ, NVMI, NXTM, OMF, ONCE, ORBK, PCG, PCLN, RDC, RDS.A, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SERV, SHOP, SMP, SPAR, SR, SRE, SSTK, STRA, TGH, TGI, TMHC, TREE, TWX, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, WIX, ZTS
Thu, Apr. 7, 3:01 AM
- More than 40% of the roughly 22M Americans who borrowed from the government's main student-loan program aren't making payments or are behind on more than $200B owed, according to a quarterly snapshot of the Education Department's $1.2T student-loan portfolio.
- The Obama administration maintains that the loan program, as a whole, will generate a profit over the long term, but the risk is rising that millions of students may never repay and revenue won't meet projections.
- Related stocks: CECO, STRA, COCO, ESI, ITT, BPI, LINC, DV, LOPE, APEI, APOL
Tue, Feb. 9, 9:13 AM
- The Department of Education announces it created an enforcement unit to help crack down on student aid fraud and illegal recruiting tactics.
- "We've also seen too many programs that promise students a better life only to leave them with piles of debt without the prospects to pay them," stated Education Secretary John King.
- On watch: CECO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU, NAUH, APOL, EDMC.
Thu, Feb. 4, 6:45 AM
- Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA): Q4 EPS of $1.21 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $113.66M (-2.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABG, ABMD, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BR, BSX, BZH, CARB, CFX, CHTR, CI, CLX, CMI, CMS, COP, COTY, CRS, CS, CSL, CUB, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EQM, EQT, GLPI, GRUB, HIMX, ICE, IT, ITG, KELYA, LQDT, LVLT, MD, MHFI, MHO, MMC, MMP, MMS, MSCI, MSG, NAO, NYT, ODFL, OXY, PBH, PM, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, RDS.A, RFP, RL, RSTI, SBH, SNA, SPH, SQNS, STRA, TDC, TDY, TE, TPX, UTEK, VLP, VMC, WEC, XYL
Wed, Feb. 3, 11:54 AM
- Strayer Education (STRA +6.2%) is higher after Credit Suisse lines up a Neutral rating on the for-profit education stock and a $60 price target.
- The CS note is on the optimistic side that some stabilization will be seen this year.
- Other names in the beat-up sector on the move include Capella Education (CPLA +5.3%), DeVry (DV +3.4%), and Education Management (EDMC +6.4%).
Wed, Jan. 27, 1:13 PM
- The fragile for-profit sector is under pressure with DeVry the target of a government lawsuit for misleading consumers.
- The FTC and DOE both took action against DeVry for deceptive marketing practices.
- Decliners include Apollo Education (APOL -3.4%), Nord Anglia Education Group (NORD -3.5%), Strayer Education (STRA -3.7%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -4.2%), Capella Education (CPLA -2.6%), and Bridgepoint Education (BPI -2.6%).
Nov. 18, 2015, 12:26 PM
- A probe by the Department of Education and California Attorney General found Corinthian Colleges (NASDAQ:COCO) overstated school placement rates by a large percentage in order to help attract students.
- Corinthian Colleges closed operations last year amid intense scrutiny.
- It's another black eye for the for-profit education sector which has seen several scandals over the last year.
- YTD performance of some of the for-profit players: Apollo Education (NASDAQ:APOL) -79%, DeVVry (NYSE:DV) -52%, Capella (NASDAQ:CPLA) -40.7%, American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) -38%, Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) -31%, Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA) -32%, K12 (NYSE:LRN) -22%, Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ:LOPE) -17%.
Oct. 28, 2015, 6:32 AM
- Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA): Q3 EPS of $0.32 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $99.1M (-1.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.67M.
Oct. 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AGCO, AIT, AN, ANTM, APO, ARW, BAH, BDC, BGCP, BOKF, BSX, CARB, CFR, CG, CHMT, CMC, COT, DHX, DORM, DX, EVER, EVR, FCAU, FDML, FLIR, GD, GHM, GNRC, GRMN, HES, HLT, HOT, HSY, HTA, ICE, IDXX, IP, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MDLZ, NEE, NMR, NOC, NOV, NSC, OXY, PCG, Q, RDWR, RES, ROL, SAH, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SSE, STRA, TECH, TEL, TGI, TKR, UMC, VLO, VLY, VNTV, WBA, WEX, WOOF, XRAY
Oct. 9, 2015, 11:15 AM
- Apollo Education (NASDAQ:APOL) is down 10.6% to $11.05 after disclosing that the University of Phoenix is on probation with the DoD.
- Phoenix is no longer allowed to recuit on U.S. military installations.
- As tipped earlier, the for-profit sector is on edge with the ruling. Bridgepoint Education (BPI -3%), Career Education (CECO -2.2%), DeVry (DV -1.5%), Strayer Education (STRA -1.4%), and ITT Educational (ESI -1.1%) are some of the names trading off a bit.
Strayer Education, Inc. provides post-secondary education services. The company through its subsidiary, Strayer University offers a variety of academic programs both in traditional classroom courses and online. It offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration,... More
Industry: Education & Training Services
Country: United States