China Digital TV Holding Co., LTD.NYSE
Wed, Nov. 23, 3:00 PM
Wed, Nov. 23, 12:46 PM
Tue, Nov. 15, 6:01 PM
- China Digital TV (STV +2.1%) saw revenues from its cloud platform grow in Q3 results, but the renminbi depreciation prompted a downward trend in average selling price of its smart cards.
- Smart card shipments grew by 12.7% to 2.58M, but revenue from those cards fell 10.4%. The cards make up 67% of total revenues.
- The company's loss narrowed to $0.7M. Gross profit rose 11% to $8.2M; gross margin fell to 69.2% along with the decline in high-margin smart cards.
- Total revenue breakout: Smart cards, $8.09M (down 10.4%); other products, $2.4M (up 661%); Services, $1.57M (up 18.8%).
- Cash and equivalents, restricted cash and term deposits came to $62.7M.
- Looking ahead, the company's guiding to Q4 net revenues of $11M-$12.6M; it expects smart card shipment volumes for Q4 to be 3.2M-3.5M.
- Conference call to come at 7 p.m. ET.
- Press Release
Tue, Nov. 15, 5:03 PM
Wed, Nov. 9, 3:05 PM
Mon, Nov. 7, 2:56 PM
- China Digital TV (NYSE:STV) says its subsidiary Golden Benefit Technology reached a deal on equity transfer with ChangxingBao LiRuiXin Technology (Bao Li) -- the LLC formed by a group including China Digital CEO Jianhua Zhu and Beijing Super TV President Dong Li.
- China Digital had hired an adviser in August as it considered the management/Super TV takeout.
- The deal has the buyers taking all the equity interest in Super TV currently held by Golden Benefit (about 90.09%), and paying China Digital 610M yuan (about $90M).
- The company's set a special shareholder meeting to consider the deal, following immediately after its annual general meeting, for Dec. 19 in Beijing.
Mon, Nov. 7, 9:17 AM
Tue, Aug. 16, 6:56 PM
- Cloud-based service provider China Digital TV (STV -1.6%) posted a wider loss in its Q2 earnings while it continues to review a takeover offer by management and Super TV.
- Smart card shipments increased 3.8% to 2.19M. Revenues from its top five customers accounted for 37.3% of total (vs. a year-ago 37%).
- Revenues by segment: Smart cards, $7.18M (down 19%); Other products, $1.6M (up 276%); Services, $1.7M (up 40.4%).
- Cash and equivalents and restricted cash came to $76.1M at quarter's end.
- Conference call to come at 8 p.m. ET.
- Press Release
Tue, Aug. 16, 5:02 PM
Fri, Aug. 12, 1:01 PM
- China Digital TV (NYSE:STV) has hired Duff & Phelps as financial and legal counsel as it evaluates a takeover proposal by management and Super TV.
- The company received a preliminary nonbinding proposal last month from its CEO, Jianhua Zhu, and Dong Li, president of Super TV, to acquire all equity interest.
- The special committee of independent directors is working on that proposal -- but not, China Digital says today, on another proposal from its chairman and the manager of Beijin Dagong to acquire Dagong.
Tue, May 17, 5:32 PM
- China Digital TV Holding (NYSE:STV): Q1 EPS of $0.02
- Revenue of $13.02M (-7.3% Y/Y)
Thu, Mar. 3, 5:05 PM
- China Digital TV Holding (NYSE:STV): Q4 EPS of $0.04
- Revenue of $18.1M (-39.2% Y/Y)
Nov. 20, 2015, 12:47 PM
Nov. 17, 2015, 5:02 PM
- China Digital TV Holding (NYSE:STV): Q3 EPS of -$0.01
- Revenue of $10.54M (-37.9% Y/Y)
Aug. 13, 2015, 4:32 PM
- China Digital TV Holding (NYSE:STV): Q2 EPS of -$0.01
- Revenue of $10.4M (-39.5% Y/Y)
Jul. 16, 2015, 9:15 AM