Dichotomy Capital • 11 Comments
Oct. 21, 2015, 4:38 PM
- Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX) declares $0.63/share quarterly dividend, 16.7% increase from prior dividend of $0.54.
- Forward yield 6.79%
- Payable Nov. 20; for shareholders of record Nov. 6; ex-div Nov. 4.
May 18, 2015, 3:03 PM
- Goldman's sees the S&P 500 hitting a mid-year high of 2,150 by mid-year, but fading to 2,100 by year-end after the Fed hikes rates. Its 12-month forecast of 2,125 stands against the current level of 2,130.
- With appreciation returns expected to be nil, Goldman suggests having a look at its dividend growth portfolio - a sector-neutral basket of 50 stocks. They have a median yield of 2.5% and are expected to boost payouts by 16% this year and 12% in 2016. The group's P-E ratio is 15 vs. 17.3 for the S&P 500.
- The ten highest-yielding additions: Harley-Davidson (NYSE:HOG) - with a 2.3% yield, Home Depot (NYSE:HD) - 2.1%, Dr. Pepper Snapple (NYSE:DPS) - 2.5%, National Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV) - 3.6%, Regions Financial (NYSE:RF) - 2.3%, Baxter International (NYSE:BAX) - 3.1%, Cummins (NYSE:CMI) - 2.4%, Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX) - 3.9%, International Paper (NYSE:IP) - 3.1%, AES Corp (NYSE:AES) - 3%.
- Looking over a ten-year horizon, Goldman expects dividends to account for 46% of the S&P 500's 5% annualized return, up from 20% during the current bull market which started in 2009.
- ETFs: DVY, SCHD, ADX, SDOG, DLN, DHS, FDL, DTD, FVD, DVYL, SDYL
Oct. 22, 2014, 6:14 PM
- Seagate Technology (NASDAQ:STX) declares $0.54/share quarterly dividend, 25.58% increase from prior dividend of $0.43
- Forward yield 3.97%
- Payable Nov. 25; for shareholders of record Nov. 11; ex-div Nov. 7.
Mar. 31, 2013, 11:33 AM
What makes a good share buyback? Barron's cites four factors: i) Shares are in a downtrend. ii) It's a long-term strategy and not a short-term fix ( = >1% share count reduction/quarter). iii) Shares are cheap based on price-to-book. iv) The company has a rising dividend. The stocks that pass the test? Wellpoint (WLP), Seagate (STX), Western Union (WU) and AT&T (T).| Mar. 31, 2013, 11:33 AM | 31 Comments
Nov. 29, 2012, 5:25 PMSeagate Technology (STX) declares $0.38/share quarterly dividend, 19% increase from prior dividend of $0.32. Forward yield 6.02%. For shareholders of record Dec 14. Payable Dec 28. Ex-div date Dec 12. (PR) | Nov. 29, 2012, 5:25 PM | 1 Comment
Jul. 30, 2012, 5:45 PMSeagate Technology (STX) declares $0.32/share quarterly dividend, 28% increase from prior dividend of $0.25. Forward yield 4.21%. For shareholders of record Aug 14. Payable Aug 29. Ex-div date Aug 10. Shares -8.2% AH. (PR) | Jul. 30, 2012, 5:45 PM