Mon, Nov. 23, 7:15 AM| Mon, Nov. 23, 7:15 AM | Comment!
Mon, Nov. 16, 9:26 AM
- Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) announces it acquired Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits for close to $1B. The level that values the company at an EBITDA multiple in the mid-to-high teens.
- The California craft beer maker is expecting sales of about $115M this year off of volume of 4M cases.
- Ballast Point filed for an IPO about a month ago under the symbol PINT.
- Previously: Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits files for IPO (Oct. 19 2015)
Mon, Nov. 16, 8:33 AM
- Hedge fund Third Point disclosed its current holdings in a new SEC filing.
- The firm now holds 8.25M shares of Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ:KHC).
- The stake in Yum Brands (NYSE:YUM) was increased to over 11.7M shares.
- Third Point trimmed its positions in Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) and J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM).
- SEC Form 13-F
Tue, Nov. 10, 7:56 AM
- Analyst Vivien Azer is out with a new report on the beer industry.
- Azer says beer volume remains in a challenging trend, while pricing has softened again.
- Craft and imports continue to take market share, although growth in the category may be slowing.
- Beer stocks: BUD, OTCPK:SBMRY, TAP, OTCQX:HEINY, SAM, BREW, STZ, PINT.
Wed, Oct. 7, 1:26 PM
- Lower gas prices in the U.S. continue to give a boost to some pockets of the retail sector. The benefit might be most dramatic with the so-called "sin" stocks.
- Tobacco stocks Reynolds American (RAI -0.5%) and Altria (MO +0.5%) have both outperformed the S&P 500 over the last year by a wide margin. Though there's a lot going on in the tobacco sector, stronger demand and solid pricing in the U.S. has been a factor. Cigarette sales in the U.S. are poised to show their first year-over-year annual gain since 2006. Shipments for the first half of the year actually rose, according to government data (Full report from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (.pdf)).
- Casino traffic has also been higher since gas started its tumble to as low as $2 per gallon in parts of the country. U.S-focused casino stocks have smashed the returns of their larger Macau-tainted peers. Isle of Capri (NASDAQ:ISLE) is +148% over the last 52 weeks, while Churchill Downs (NASDAQ:CHDN) and Pinnacle Entertainment (NYSE:PNK) are both up over 40%. Most regional casino stocks are ahead of the broad market.
- Lower gas prices could also be a factor in the alcohol sector. Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) and Brown-Forman (BF.A, BF.B) have both cited strong sales in the U.S. off of improved demand trends that fell roughly in line with the drop in gas.
Wed, Oct. 7, 8:22 AM
- Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) reports beer sales rose 14% in FQ2 on strong volume growth. Beer depletions were up 10% during the period.
- Organic wine and spirit sales rose 3% for Constellation during the quarter on a constant currency basis.
- Operating margin was up 320 bps to 28.9% on a comparable basis and rose 410 bps to 27.7% on a reported basis. Favorable beer pricing and lower costs contributed to the margin gains.
- STZ +3.49% premarket to $135.90.
Wed, Oct. 7, 7:44 AM
Tue, Oct. 6, 5:30 PM
Wed, Sep. 16, 9:56 AM
- Beer stocks are in party mode with Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +6.9%) closing in on making an offer for SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY +20.5%).
- Consolidation within the industry is seen supporting pricing and raising the M&A profile of large and smaller players alike.
- Gainers: Heineken ADRs (OTCQX:HEINY) +3.7%, Diageo (NYSE:DEO) +2.9%, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) +14.5%, Carlsberg (OTCPK:CABGY) +3.7%, Craft Brew Alliance (OTCPK:CABGY) +3.7%, Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) +0.8%, Boston Beer (NYSE:SAM) +1.6%.
- Previously: AB InBev prepping offer for SABMiller (Sep. 16 2015)
- Previously: Molson Coors pops with A-B circling SABMiller (Sep. 16 2015)
Tue, Aug. 18, 9:37 AM| Tue, Aug. 18, 9:37 AM | Comment!
Wed, Jul. 1, 8:50 AM
Tue, Jun. 30, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jun. 17, 8:41 AM
- Constellation Brands (NYSE:STZ) plans to make a $2B investment to expand capacity in Mexico.
- The company aims to increase its production capacity at a facility in Nava to 25M hectoliters.
- "We believe Mexican high-end beer will continue to grow and be a leading beer segment in the U.S. for years to come," Constellation CEO Rob Sands said.
Mon, Jun. 15, 9:10 AM
Thu, Jun. 11, 10:47 AM
- Beer sales are up 4.2% by dollars and 1.8% by volume so far this year at U.S. multi-outlet and convenience channels, according to IRI data culled by BevNET.
- Craft sales were up 20.7% and cider sales rose 39.5% to help offset sluggish growth in the premium, sub-premium, and import categories.
- Craft beer market share rose to 8.8% in the data read.
- BevNET Beer sales graphic
- Craft beer watch: BUD, OTCPK:SBMRY, TAP, OTCQX:HEINY, SAM, BREW, STZ, OTC:BIBLF, OTCPK:BRBMF.
Thu, Apr. 9, 1:00 PM
- Constellation Brands (STZ +1.2%) launched its first dividend ever as a public company in a development tipped off by management earlier this year.
- Class A shareholders will receive $0.31/share and Class B holders will earn $0.28/share.
- The company will also invest in itself with $1B going to expand a brewery in New Mexico.
- Previously: Constellation Brands beats by $0.09, misses on revenue
- Previously: More on Constellation Brands' FQ4
Constellation Brands Inc is an international beverage alcohol company with many of its products recognized as leaders in their respective categories and geographic markets. It is a multi-category supplier (beer, wine & spirits) of beverage alcohol in US.
Other News & PR