What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jun. 19, 2015, 11:26 AM
- The EPA and NHTSA have published a new set of rules covering fuel efficiency on medium and heavy duty vehicles built for the model year 2018 and beyond.
- The agencies forecast the program will cut greenhouse gas emissions by 1B metric tons and lower fuel costs by $170B for the lifetime of the vehicles manufactured under the program.
- Though the release of tighter emission rules has been widely anticipated, perhaps a bigger surprise this week was the strong statement made by Pope Francis on the global need to address climate control.
- The number of companies that could ultimately be impacted by the proposed changes if they are enacted spread across various sectors.
- Joint EPA/NHTSA proposal (.pdf)
- Encyclical letter from Pope Francis (.pdf)
- Related stocks: KNX, PTSI, ODFL, JBHT, R, SWFT, CNW, GM, F, OTCPK:DDAIF, NAV, OTCPK:VOLVY, CMI, PCAR, FDX, UPS, HTZ, TM,
Jun. 19, 2015, 10:09 AM
- The EPA is expected to announce a new set of rules today covering medium and heavy trucks built in the model year 2019.
- The administration aims to improve fuel efficiency with larger-sized trucks accounting for 20% of all emissions in the transportation sector off a mark of 4% of vehicles on the road.
- The new rules could also cover light-duty pickup trucks, buses, and delivery vehicles.
- Related stocks: KNX, PTSI, ODFL, JBHT, R, SWFT, CNW, GM, F, OTCPK:DDAIF, NAV, OTCPK:VOLVY, CMI, PCAR.
Apr. 27, 2015, 4:05 PM
Apr. 27, 2015, 3:02 PM
- Trucking stocks are notably weak today with several analyst downgrades out in the sector.
- Knight Transportation (KNX -4%) received one of the harsher actions with Wolfe Research downgrading the stock to an Underperform rating.
- Other analysts cite apprehension in the sector into key earnings reports.
- Trucking decliners: Celadon Group (CGI -3.2%), Swift Transportation (SWFT -2.8%), Heartland Express (HTLD -2.9%), Werner Enterprises (WERN -6.9%), USA Truck (USAK -6.4%), P.A.M. Transportation (PTSI -4.9%), Roadrunner Transportation Systems (RRTS -2%).
Apr. 26, 2015, 5:35 PM
Feb. 18, 2015, 7:41 AM
- UBS initiates coverage on Knight Transportation (NYSE:KNX) with a Buy rating.
- The investment firm starts Heartland Express (NASDAQ:HTLD) off with a Sell rating.
- Swift Transportation (NYSE:SWFT) and Echo Global Logistics (NASDAQ:ECHO) are given Buy ratings by UBS
- Werner Enterprises (NASDAQ:WERN) and C.H. Robinson Worldwide (NASDAQ:CHRW) are assigned Neutral ratings.
Jan. 28, 2015, 4:12 PM
- Swift Transportation (NYSE:SWFT): Q4 EPS of $0.55 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $1.14B (+5.6% Y/Y) in-line.
- Shares +0.55%.
Jan. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM| Jan. 27, 2015, 5:35 PM | 4 Comments
Oct. 23, 2014, 7:27 PM
- Swift Transportation's (NYSE:SWFT) Q3 operating ratio improved 90 bps to 90.9% and adjusted operating ratio improved 110 bps to 88.2%.
- Consolidated Average Operational Truck Count increased more than 500 trucks Y/Y.
- Truckload Adjusted Operating Ratio improved 290 bps Y/Y.
- Guidance: FY'14 EPS $1.29 - 1.33 vs. $1.27 consensus; FY'15 EPS $1.62 - 1.72 vs. $1.65 consensus.
- Shares +2% AH.
- Previously: Swift Transportation beats by $0.04, misses on revenue
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:24 PM
- Swift Transportation (NYSE:SWFT): Q3 EPS of $0.39 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $1.07B (+3.9% Y/Y) misses by $30M.
- Shares +5.6%.
Sep. 25, 2014, 3:57 PM
- Swift Transportation (SWFT +9.6%) is one of the session's few strong gainers after confirming Q3 earnings guidance of $0.33-$0.37 per share on "cautiously optimistic" results from driver wage increases.
- SWFT raised wages in early August to entice skilled drivers to join the company and end high driver turnover, and the company says driver turnover of its over-the-road fleets has since improved more than 16 percentage points Q/Q, and is now well below industry average.
- SWFT says it passed on some of the higher wage costs to its customers, and sees revenue per loaded mile excluding fuel surcharges rising 4%-5% Y/Y.
Sep. 25, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jul. 25, 2014, 2:17 PM
- Swift Transportation (SWFT -16.7%) plunges after reporting generally in-line Q2 results but projecting Q3 profit that trails analyst estimates.
- SWFT says it is being held back by a challenging driver market and turnover has been higher than anticipated.
- "You see some carriers passing on rate increases to drivers, but for whatever reason Swift has had a harder time attracting and retaining drivers," a Bloomberg analyst says.
Jul. 25, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jul. 24, 2014, 4:39 PM
- Swift Transportation (NYSE:SWFT): Q2 EPS of $0.33 in-line.
- Revenue of $1.08B (+4.9% Y/Y) misses by $10M.
Jun. 30, 2014, 6:53 PM
- Barclays upgrades its view of the transportation sector to positive, as an improving fundamental backdrop is set to drive meaningful earnings expansion across a broad array of transport companies.
- Among signs of improving fundamentals: rail volume up 7%, U.S. trucking demand up 3%-4%, small package markets up 5%, and global trade up 5%-6% - all implying strong industrial demand.
- Sector valuations are the highest since the 2009 recession and has outperformed YTD, but with Q2 results ripe to usher in more bullish sentiment in the space, Barclays expects valuations could have further to run as markets discount a more robust outlook.
- The firm's top recommendations in sector are UNP, UPS, SWFT, CP and JBHT, while also upgrading CNI and NSC to Overweight, adding more exposure to the favorable North American rail vertical.
- ETFs: IYT, XTN.
Swift Transportation Co is a multi-faceted transportation services company and a truckload carrier in North America. The Company's four reportable operating segments consist of Truckload, Dedicated, Central Refrigerated and Intermodal.
Other News & PR