Tue, Aug. 11, 10:00 AM
- The currency devaluation fired off in China is hitting select consumer goods and services stocks.
- China Southern Airlines (ZNH -18.2%) and China Eastern Airlines (CEA -17.4%) are feeling the sharpest impact.
- Macau gaming stocks trade weaker with Melco Crown (MPEL -2.7%), Las Vegas Sands (LVS -2%), Wynn Resorts (WYNN -3.1%), and MGM Resorts (MGM -0.8%) all lower.
- Luxury retailers are also feeling a pinch due to the F/X headache. Decliners include Tiffany (TIF -2.1%), Ralph Lauren (RL -1.3%), Gucci (OTC:PPRUF, OTCPK:PPRUY), Prada (OTCPK:PRDSF), Hermes (OTCPK:HESAF), Fossil (FOSL -1.5%), Michael Kors (KORS -0.6%), Coach (COH -1.7%), Movado (MOV -1.8%), Kering (OTC:PPRUF), Burberry (OTCPK:BURBY), and Swatch (OTCPK:SWGAY -5.4%).
Thu, Jan. 15, 8:40 AM
- "Words fail me," says Swatch (OTCPK:SWGAY) CEO Nick Hayek. "Today's SNB action is a tsunami; for the export industry and for tourism, and finally for the entire country." Swatch is lower by 15.75% in European action.
- Previously: Swiss shares crater after SNB abandons cap on euro (Jan. 15)
- A sampling of others: Cement maker Holcim (OTCPK:HCMLY) is down 11.2%, Novartis (NYSE:NVS) is down 9%, Roche (OTCQX:RHHBY) is down 7.9%, Credit Suisse (NYSE:CS) is down 11.7%, and UBS (NYSE:OUBS) is down 10.8%.
- The good news for ADR players is that's all action in Switzerland. Thanks to the franc's now 13.5% gain, the ADRs trading in the U.S. are likely all to be higher.
Fri, Jan. 9, 11:04 AM
- Another tough day for luxury retail stocks as more concerns on pricing trends build up.
- Consulting firm Bain isn't helping sentiment, noting the luxury sector in China showed negative growth (-1%) for the first time in 2014. An ongoing crackdown by Beijing on corruption is in the background.
- Michael Kors (KORS -1.7%), Ralph Lauren (RL -2%), Kate Spade (KATE -3.2%), Fossil (FOSL -1%), Vera Bradley (VRA -2%), and Coach (COH -2.2%) are all under-performing market averages.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:LVMUY, OTC:GUCG, OTCPK:SWGAY, OTCPK:BURBY, EL, RDEN, OTCPK:HESAF, OTCPK:CFRUY, TIF.
- Related ETFs: PEJ.
Swatch Group is an international group active in the design, manufacture and sale of finished watches, jewelry, watch movements and components.<br /><br />Swatch Group supplies nearly all components required by its nineteen watch brands, and Swatch Group companies supply movements and components... More
Other News & PR