- Prior to the launch of the Apple Watch, concerns have been raised about the Swatch Group's prospects. Will Swatch go down the same route as Nokia?
- There may be an elephant, but I am not sure it is in the same room as Swatch.
- With China being the single most important market to Swatch, recent events in Hong Kong have been weighing on the share price.
- The news gives reason for concern, but the Chinese market will remain too big to be ignored under any scenario.
- Swatch is probably the purest play on the emerging Chinese middle class among European large caps. Its financial strength should allow it to weather even more severe storms.