Thu, Jul. 16, 4:56 PM
- In addition to missing Q2 revenue estimates (while beating on EPS), SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) is guiding for Q3 revenue of $130M-$134M (+15%-19% Y/Y, below a $136.1M consensus) and 2015 revenue of $502M-$512M (+17%-19% Y/Y, below a $519.7M consensus).
- EPS guidance is better: $0.49-$0.53 for Q3 (consensus is at $0.52) and $2.00-$2.08 for 2015 (consensus is at $2.00). Forex is expected to have an $18M-$19M impact on 2015 revenue.
- Weighing on Q2 sales: License revenue rose only 3% Y/Y to $38.6M. Maintenance revenue (driven by older license deals) rose 17% to $67.6M; subscription revenue (cloud software-related) rose 122% to $12.9M.
- Shares have fallen to $42.00 AH.
- Q2 results, PR
Thu, Jul. 16, 4:04 PM
Wed, Jul. 15, 5:35 PM
Tue, Apr. 28, 6:49 PM
- With forex taking a toll, SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) expects Q2 revenue of $120.6M-$123.8M (+19%-22% Y/Y) and EPS of $0.45-$0.47, mostly below a consensus of $124.3M and $0.47. Full-year guidance is a little better: Revenue of $512M-$527M (+19%-23% Y/Y) and EPS of $1.92-$2.04 vs. a consensus of $521.3M and $2.00.
- The systems management software vendor also announces it's buying Papertrail, a provider of cloud-data log data management software tools, for $41M in cash. Papertrail's products are used by IT pros and developers to monitor/troubleshoot websites and cloud apps; machine data/IT operational intelligence analytics leader Splunk is a rival.
- SolarWinds already offers log management tools for on-premise software installations. The Papertrail deal follows SolarWinds' 2014 acquisition of website monitoring software firm Pingdom.
- License revenue rose 17% Y/Y in Q1 to $42.4M, and maintenance/subscription revenue 25% to $74.4M. Total revenue growth was 22% in actual dollars, and 27% in constant currency.
- Shares are unchanged in AH trading for now.
- Q1 results, PR
Tue, Apr. 28, 4:25 PM
Thu, Jan. 29, 6:40 PM
- Though it beat Q4 estimates, SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $116.2M-$118.4M (+21%-23% Y/Y) and EPS of $0.43-$0.46, unfavorable at the midpoints to a consensus of $118.3M and $0.46. Many other enterprise software firms have also provided light guidance, thanks in part to forex pressures.
- License revenue rose 14% Y/Y in Q4 to $45M, and subscription revenue 138% to $9.3M. Maintenance/other revenue grew 19% to $64.1M.
- SWI -0.7% AH. Q4 results, PR.
Thu, Jan. 29, 4:19 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ALGN, AMZN, AVNW, BCR, BIIB, BRCM, BXP, CB, COHR, CORT, CPHD, CPSI, CTCT, DECK, EFII, ELX, ELY, EMN, EPAY, FICO, GDOT, GIMO, GOOG, HA, HBI, HLIT, INVN, ISBC, IXYS, JDSU, LEG, MCHP, MITK, MTW, N, NATI, NEU, NFG, NGVC, PCCC, PFG, PFPT, PKI, PMCS, QLGC, RHI, RVBD, SFG, SWI, SYNA, TFSL, TUES, UIS, V, VR, WERN
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:16 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 4:43 PM
Jul. 24, 2014, 5:59 PM
- SolarWinds (NYSE:SWI) expects Q3 revenue of $109M-$111.5M and EPS of $0.42-$0.44, mostly above a consensus of $107.2M and $0.42.
- Full-year guidance is for revenue of $420.5M-$426.5M and EPS of $1.68-$1.72, above a consensus of $416.6M and $1.65.
- Q2 license revenue +21% Y/Y to $37.6M. Maintenance revenue (driven by past licenses) +28% to $58M. Subscription revenue rose over 6x to $5.8M.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 24, 2014, 4:10 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 5:13 PM
- CRAY still expects 2014 revenue of $600M, of which only $75M will be in Q2 (below a $95.9M consensus). Full-year gross margin is still expected to be in the mid-30s. Shares -2.1% AH. (Q1 results, PR)
- Dolby (DLB) expects FQ3 revenue of $205M-$215M and EPS of $0.38-$0.43 vs. a consensus of $216.9M and $0.32. FY14 (ends in September) guidance is for revenue of $930M-$950M, above a $921.8M consensus. Shares +1.3% AH. (FQ2 results, PR)
- SolarWinds (SWI) expects Q2 revenue of $96.5M-$98.5M and EPS of $0.35-$0.37, below a consensus of $98.8M and $0.38. Full-year guidance is better: revenue of $409M-$421M and EPS of $1.60-$1.70 vs. a consensus of $415.6M and $1.61. Shares roughly unchanged for now. (Q1 results, PR)
Apr. 29, 2014, 4:06 PM
Feb. 5, 2014, 4:56 PM
- TriQuint (TQNT) expects Q1 revenue of $170M-$180M and EPS of -$0.11 to $0.13, below a consensus of $223.6M and $0.04. The company blames an inventory correction by a large mobile customer (almost certainly Apple). The company says it still thinks full-year EPS will meet or beat a $0.49 consensus. Shares -1.1% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- iRobot (IRBT) expects Q1 revenue of $110M-$113M and EPS of $0.13-$0.17, below a consensus of $121.2M and $0.28. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $560M-$570M and EPS of $1-$1.15 vs. a consensus of $555.3M and $1.14. Shares -6.3% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- SolarWinds (SWI) expects Q1 revenue of $92M-$94M and EPS of $0.34-$0.36 vs. a consensus of $91.8M and $0.35. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $408M-$420M and EPS of $1.55-$1.65, mostly above a consensus of $404.6M and $1.55. Shares +2.1% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
Feb. 5, 2014, 4:32 PM
SWI vs. ETF Alternatives
SolarWinds Inc designs, develops, markets, sells and supports enterprise-class IT infrastructure management software to IT professionals. Its product offerings range from individual software tools to more comprehensive software products.
Other News & PR