Fri, Jul. 22, 7:00 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK) announces the retirement of Chairman and CEO John Lundgren who will turn 65 in September.
- The retirement will be effective on July 31. Lundgren will continue as Chairman of the Board until the end of the year and serve as a special advisor through April 30, 2017.
- COO James Loree will take over as CEO on August 1 and join the board at that time.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Jul. 22, 6:01 AM
Thu, Jul. 21, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jul. 21, 2:16 PM
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Thu, Apr. 21, 8:06 AM
- Net earnings from continuing operations of $188.6M, or $1.28 per share vs. $188.6M, or $1.07 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Tools & Storage +4%; Security -1%; Industrial -5%.
- "Our positive results in the first quarter reflect our focus on generating above- market organic growth, meaningful operating leverage and strong free cash flow conversion for the full year, while executing a capital allocation strategy that creates sustainable value for shareholders," commented CEO John Lundgren.
- The company also raised its full-year diluted EPS guidance to $6.20-$6.40 from $6.00 - $6.20.
- SWK +3% premarket
- Q1 results
Thu, Apr. 21, 6:02 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
- ADS, ALK, AZZ, BANC, BBT, BHE, BIIB, BK, BX, CFG, CLS, COL, DAN, DGX, DHI, DHR, DOV, DST, ERIC, FAF, FCS, FITB, GM, GMT, HOMB, IMAX, JAKK, JCI, KCG, KEY, LAD, LAZ, LUV, MAN, MDSO, MDWD, NUE, NVR, NVS, PBCT, PHM, PII, POOL, PPG, PVTB, RS, SHW, SILC, SNA, SON, STC, SWK, SYNT, TCB, TRV, UA, UNP, USG, UTEK, VZ
Wed, Apr. 20, 1:11 PM
Wed, Feb. 17, 10:12 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK) declares $0.55/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.35%
- Payable March 22; for shareholders of record March 2; ex-div Feb. 29.
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:45 AM
- Net earnings from continuing operations of $265.5M, or $1.78 per share vs. $145.8M, or $1.37 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Tools & Storage -3%; Security -8%; Industrial -7%.
- Outlook for 2016: Diluted EPS of $6.00-$6.20 (below a $6.41 consensus).
- SWK -3.3% premarket
- Q4 results
Thu, Jan. 28, 6:14 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK): Q4 EPS of $1.78 may not be comparable to consensus of $1.77.
- Revenue of $2.85B (-4.4% Y/Y) misses by $90M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Dec. 14, 2015, 10:02 AM
- Shares of Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) fall 5% after the company formally announces a merger with Jarden (JAH +4%). The price tag may have been slightly higher than anticipated.
- The merger will create a $16B consumer goods juggernaut called Newell Brands which could have broad implications across the sector.
- Within the consumer products sector, there are marginal gains today for NACCO Industries (NC +1%), Spectrum Brands (SPB +0.6%), Stanley Black & Decker (SWK +0.4%), Clorox (CLX +0.5%), Kimberly-Clark (KMB +1.6%), and Danagher (DHR +0.2%) after the big merger announcement.
- Previously: Newell Rubbermaid and Jarden agree to combine (Dec. 14 2015)
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:07 AM
- Net earnings from continuing operations of $233.4M, or $1.60 per share vs. $246.1M, or $1.57 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Tools & Storage +2%; Security -8%; Industrial -7%.
- The company raises its full-year GAAP EPS guidance to $5.80-$5.95 from $5.70-$5.90.
- SWK +3.6% premarket
- Q3 results
Oct. 22, 2015, 6:04 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK): Q3 EPS of $1.60 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $2.83B (-2.4% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. Provides power and hand tools, products and services for various industrial applications, mechanical access solutions and electronic security and monitoring systems. It also manufactures and markets industrial tools and security solutions. It's operates through three... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Machine Tools & Accessories
Country: United States