Fri, Jul. 22, 7:00 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK) announces the retirement of Chairman and CEO John Lundgren who will turn 65 in September.
- The retirement will be effective on July 31. Lundgren will continue as Chairman of the Board until the end of the year and serve as a special advisor through April 30, 2017.
- COO James Loree will take over as CEO on August 1 and join the board at that time.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Jul. 22, 6:01 AM
Thu, Jul. 21, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jul. 21, 2:16 PM
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Thu, Apr. 21, 8:06 AM
- Net earnings from continuing operations of $188.6M, or $1.28 per share vs. $188.6M, or $1.07 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Tools & Storage +4%; Security -1%; Industrial -5%.
- "Our positive results in the first quarter reflect our focus on generating above- market organic growth, meaningful operating leverage and strong free cash flow conversion for the full year, while executing a capital allocation strategy that creates sustainable value for shareholders," commented CEO John Lundgren.
- The company also raised its full-year diluted EPS guidance to $6.20-$6.40 from $6.00 - $6.20.
- SWK +3% premarket
- Q1 results
Thu, Apr. 21, 6:02 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
- ADS, ALK, AZZ, BANC, BBT, BHE, BIIB, BK, BX, CFG, CLS, COL, DAN, DGX, DHI, DHR, DOV, DST, ERIC, FAF, FCS, FITB, GM, GMT, HOMB, IMAX, JAKK, JCI, KCG, KEY, LAD, LAZ, LUV, MAN, MDSO, MDWD, NUE, NVR, NVS, PBCT, PHM, PII, POOL, PPG, PVTB, RS, SHW, SILC, SNA, SON, STC, SWK, SYNT, TCB, TRV, UA, UNP, USG, UTEK, VZ
Wed, Apr. 20, 1:11 PM
Wed, Feb. 17, 10:12 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK) declares $0.55/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.35%
- Payable March 22; for shareholders of record March 2; ex-div Feb. 29.
Thu, Jan. 28, 8:45 AM
- Net earnings from continuing operations of $265.5M, or $1.78 per share vs. $145.8M, or $1.37 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Tools & Storage -3%; Security -8%; Industrial -7%.
- Outlook for 2016: Diluted EPS of $6.00-$6.20 (below a $6.41 consensus).
- SWK -3.3% premarket
- Q4 results
Thu, Jan. 28, 6:14 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK): Q4 EPS of $1.78 may not be comparable to consensus of $1.77.
- Revenue of $2.85B (-4.4% Y/Y) misses by $90M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Dec. 14, 2015, 10:02 AM
- Shares of Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE:NWL) fall 5% after the company formally announces a merger with Jarden (JAH +4%). The price tag may have been slightly higher than anticipated.
- The merger will create a $16B consumer goods juggernaut called Newell Brands which could have broad implications across the sector.
- Within the consumer products sector, there are marginal gains today for NACCO Industries (NC +1%), Spectrum Brands (SPB +0.6%), Stanley Black & Decker (SWK +0.4%), Clorox (CLX +0.5%), Kimberly-Clark (KMB +1.6%), and Danagher (DHR +0.2%) after the big merger announcement.
- Previously: Newell Rubbermaid and Jarden agree to combine (Dec. 14 2015)
Oct. 22, 2015, 9:07 AM
- Net earnings from continuing operations of $233.4M, or $1.60 per share vs. $246.1M, or $1.57 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Tools & Storage +2%; Security -8%; Industrial -7%.
- The company raises its full-year GAAP EPS guidance to $5.80-$5.95 from $5.70-$5.90.
- SWK +3.6% premarket
- Q3 results
Oct. 22, 2015, 6:04 AM
- Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE:SWK): Q3 EPS of $1.60 beats by $0.16.
- Revenue of $2.83B (-2.4% Y/Y) beats by $20M.