The Bullish Case For SunCoke Energy
John Leonard, CFA
John Leonard, CFA
Mon, May 9, 12:50 PM
Wed, Apr. 27, 6:44 AM
Tue, Apr. 26, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, AGCO, ANTM, AOS, AVY, BA, BEN, BGCP, BHI, BOKF, BSX, CFR, CMCSA, CSL, DHX, DPS, DX, EVER, EVR, FDML, FI, GCI, GD, GIB, GPI, GRA, GRMN, GT, HES, HLT, IART, IP, JLL, LDOS, LEA, LLL, LRN, MDLZ, MKTX, MVIS, NAP, NDAQ, NEO, NMR, NOC, NS, OC, OSIS, PB, RDN, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SC, SIX, SLAB, SLGN, SMED, SO, SONS, STM, STNG, STT, SUP, SXC, TGNA, TKR, TPH, UMC, UTX, VLY, WEX, WOOF
Thu, Feb. 18, 6:32 PM
- SunCoke Energy (NYSE:SXC) -7.1% AH after confirming its previously announced plan to suspend its common stock dividend.
- SXC says the suspension is part of its revised capital allocation strategy to maintain a solid liquidity position against challenging market conditions.
- SXC says it ended 2015 with more than $275M of total liquidity, including $123M in cash and $155M available in its revolver.
- Earlier: SunCoke Energy, SunCoke Partners soar on EBITDA guidance (Dec. 17)
Tue, Feb. 9, 7:52 AM
Fri, Jan. 29, 9:15 AM
Thu, Jan. 28, 12:45 PM
Thu, Jan. 28, 6:52 AM
- SunCoke Energy (NYSE:SXC): Q4 EPS of $0.30 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.06.
- Revenue of $353.6M (-10.5% Y/Y) misses by $7.92M.
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:30 PM
- ABT, ACAT, ADS, AEP, AIT, AN, ARG, AUO, AVT, BABA, BANC, BC, BHI, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BX, CAT, CELG, CHKP, CLFD, CRR, CSH, CY, DGX, DLX, DST, EPD, EXTR, F, FCFS, FCS, FLWS, GLOP, GNTX, HAR, HCA, HGG, HOG, HP, HSY, HUBB, INGR, IVZ, JBLU, JCI, KEM, LEA, LLL, LLY, LRN, MITK, MJN, MKC, MMYT, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NEE, NOC, NTCT, NUE, ORI, OSK, PHM, POT, RDN, RGS, RTN, SHW, SWK, SXC, TCB, TGI, TMO, TROW, TWC, UA, UBSI, VLO, WCC, WRLD, XEL, ZBH
Dec. 17, 2015, 2:47 PM
- SunCoke Energy (SXC +13.7%) surges after saying it expects to deliver higher 2016 EBITDA of $210M-$235M, despite the challenging headwinds facing its steel and coal customers.
- SunCoke Energy Partners (SXCP +26.4%), at its joint investor day with SXC, says it expects 2016 EBITDA of $207M-$217M, up from estimated 2015 EBITDA of $185M-$190M, reflecting the benefit of a full year of the Convent Marine Terminal acquisition.
- SXC says it is suspending its dividend to maintain liquidity, while SXCP says it plans to maintain its quarterly cash distribution of $0.594/unit, and projects 2016 cash coverage of 1.41x-1.54x on distributable cash flow of $158M-$172M.
- SXC plans to grant SXCP an incentive distribution rights give-back in 2016 as well as a corporate cost allocation reimbursement holiday.
Nov. 23, 2015, 5:45 PM
- U.S. Steel (NYSE:X) says it will temporarily idle its Granite City Works steelmaking and finishing operations in Granite City, Ill., affecting ~2K employees at the plant who had received WARN notices in early October.
- The company says it will continue steelmaking operations in Indiana, Michigan and Pennsylvania as well some finishing operations in Alabama.
- SunCoke Energy (SXC, SXCP) says it expects U.S. Steel to honor its contract to supply coke to blast furnace operations through 2025.
Oct. 16, 2015, 2:52 PM
- AK Steel (AKS -1.5%) says it will temporarily idle the blast furnace and related steelmaking operations at its Ashland Works facility in Kentucky, laying off as many as 733 workers before year-end.
- AKS cites "unfairly traded imports of carbon steel that have been flooding our shores," which have cut order intake rates, production rates, shipment volumes and selling prices.
- AKS says it does not intend to idle the hot-dip galvanizing line at Ashland Works that primarily services automotive customers.
- SunCoke Energy (SXC -6.1%), which supplies coke to AKS' Ashland and Dearborn blast furnace operations under a long-term contract, says it expects AKS to continue to honor its contract.
Oct. 12, 2015, 2:30 PM
- SunCoke Energy (SXC -26.9%) plunges to 52-week lows after reporting an unexpected Q3 loss and revising its adjusted EBITDA outlook for the fiscal year.
- SXC cited performance problems at its Indiana Harbor cokemaking facility, a ~$19M impairment to its equity method investment in the VISA SunCoke joint venture in India, the pass-through of lower coal costs in its domestic coke segment, and lower sales volumes.
- SXC expects FY 2015 coke production of 4.1M-4.2M tons, adjusted EBITDA attributable to SXC of $185M-$190M, and 2015 distributable cash flow of $110M-$116M.
Oct. 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oct. 12, 2015, 6:23 AM
- SunCoke Energy (NYSE:SXC): Q3 EPS of -$0.06 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $336.9M (-10.6% Y/Y) misses by $3.3M.
Oct. 11, 2015, 5:30 PM
SunCoke Energy, Inc. engages in producing metallurgical coke in the Americas. Metallurgical coke is a principal raw material in the integrated steelmaking process. It owns and operates metallurgical coke making facilities in the United States and Brazil. The company operates its business into... More
Sector: Basic Materials
Industry: Steel & Iron
Country: United States
Other News & PR