NimbleTV Acquisition Breathes New Life Into Synacor
Wed, Aug. 3, 4:54 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 3:00 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 9:13 AM
Thu, May 26, 9:18 AM| Thu, May 26, 9:18 AM | 1 Comment
Wed, May 11, 9:12 AM
Tue, May 10, 4:17 PM
Fri, May 6, 5:37 PM
Thu, May 5, 12:50 PM
Thu, May 5, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: SYNC +143%. LGCY +31%. AAWW +27%. EPE +21%. FCEL +19%. WTW +15%. DNR +14%. ZNGA +14%. CHK +13%. BCEI +12%. UNXL +12%. ARRS +10%. CRC +10%. CLMT +9%. ORIG +9%. QRVO +8%. GSV +8%. HMY +8%. VNR +7%. MEET +7%. SDRL 7%. CLR 6%. SGYP 6%. OAS 5%. REGN 5%. BABA 5%. AUY 5%.
- Losers: PTX -37%. FRSH -27%. SQNM -19%. FIT -13%. EBIO -11%. LB -10%. WFT -9%. SEAS -8%. ABC -8%. CTL -5%.
Wed, May 4, 5:37 PM
Wed, May 4, 4:58 PM
- AT&T (NYSE:T) is breaking up a 15-year hosting partnership with Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), electing to give most of that business to Synacor (NASDAQ:SYNC).
- Synacor has jumped 56% in after-hours trade; YHOO is flat in postmarket action.
- In return for hosting AT&T's Web and mobile portals, Yahoo had shared revenues from the sites with the telecom, while AT&T customers got access to Yahoo's search engine and media services on the AT&T portal.
- Yahoo's share came to about $100M/year, which will now go to Synacor, a company with a market cap of $44.5M.
- Yahoo will still keep a small piece, continuing to host mail for AT&T customers. Yahoo says only that AT&T is still a "valued partner."
Wed, Mar. 16, 4:02 PM
- Synacor (NASDAQ:SYNC): Q4 EPS of $0.02 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $32.4M (+4.8% Y/Y) beats by $2.4M.
- Shares +2.7%.
Tue, Feb. 23, 2:14 PM
- With Technorati having posted 2015 revenue of $7M, Synacor is paying less than 0.5x sales. The deal is expected to be accretive to 2016 adjusted EBITDA.
- Synacor claims Technorati serves over 1,000 publishers and 100M+ monthly unique users. CEO Himesh Bhise: "Combining Technorati's publisher network, SmartWrapper header bidding solution, and advertising technology with Synacor's existing portal network and monetization engine creates a large-scale Media Solutions Platform."
- Advertising accounted for 45% of Synacor's Q3 revenue. Q4 results aren't due until March 16.
Nov. 11, 2015, 5:59 PM
- In addition to beating Q3 estimates, Synacor (NASDAQ:SYNC) is guiding for Q4 revenue of $29M-$31M, above a $28.9M 3-analyst consensus. Q4 adjusted EBITDA guidance is at $0.8M-$1.8M, and full-year guidance has been hiked to $5.5M-$6.5M from $3.5M-$5M.
- Top-line performance/metrics: Subscription-based revenue (possibly boosted by the Zimbra acquisition) rose 23% Y/Y in Q3 to $7M. Search/ad revenue fell 6% to $19.4M, with search's decline offsetting a 17% increase in ad revenue to $12M. Multi-platform unique visitors averaged 20.6M vs. 20M in Q2 and 20.7M a year ago.
- Financials: GAAP costs/expenses fell 9% Y/Y to $27.2M - $4.4M was spent on R&D, $4.3M on sales/marketing, and $3.7M on G&A. Synacor ended Q3 with $15.6M in cash, annd $4.9M in credit line debt.
- Shares have risen to $1.62 after hours.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 11, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Synacor (NASDAQ:SYNC): Q3 EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $26.35M (+0.5% Y/Y) beats by $2.88M.
- Shares +12.7%.
Nov. 10, 2015, 5:35 PM