NimbleTV Acquisition Breathes New Life Into Synacor
Synacor Makes For A Tasty Takeout Target
Synacor: Manipulation Subsides, Go Long?
Tue, Jun. 7, 3:00 PM
Tue, Jun. 7, 9:13 AM
Thu, May 26, 9:18 AM| Thu, May 26, 9:18 AM | 1 Comment
Wed, May 11, 9:12 AM
Tue, May 10, 4:17 PM
Fri, May 6, 5:37 PM
Thu, May 5, 12:50 PM
Thu, May 5, 9:12 AM
- Gainers: SYNC +143%. LGCY +31%. AAWW +27%. EPE +21%. FCEL +19%. WTW +15%. DNR +14%. ZNGA +14%. CHK +13%. BCEI +12%. UNXL +12%. ARRS +10%. CRC +10%. CLMT +9%. ORIG +9%. QRVO +8%. GSV +8%. HMY +8%. VNR +7%. MEET +7%. SDRL 7%. CLR 6%. SGYP 6%. OAS 5%. REGN 5%. BABA 5%. AUY 5%.
- Losers: PTX -37%. FRSH -27%. SQNM -19%. FIT -13%. EBIO -11%. LB -10%. WFT -9%. SEAS -8%. ABC -8%. CTL -5%.
Wed, May 4, 5:37 PM
Wed, May 4, 4:58 PM
- AT&T (NYSE:T) is breaking up a 15-year hosting partnership with Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), electing to give most of that business to Synacor (NASDAQ:SYNC).
- Synacor has jumped 56% in after-hours trade; YHOO is flat in postmarket action.
- In return for hosting AT&T's Web and mobile portals, Yahoo had shared revenues from the sites with the telecom, while AT&T customers got access to Yahoo's search engine and media services on the AT&T portal.
- Yahoo's share came to about $100M/year, which will now go to Synacor, a company with a market cap of $44.5M.
- Yahoo will still keep a small piece, continuing to host mail for AT&T customers. Yahoo says only that AT&T is still a "valued partner."
Wed, Mar. 16, 4:02 PM
Tue, Feb. 23, 2:14 PM
- Technorati provides a publisher-facing online ad network, a header bidding solution for publishers, and other ad technology. Synacor (SYNC +1.2%) is buying the company's assets for $3M in cash. (Press Release) (8-K filing)
- With Technorati having posted 2015 revenue of $7M, Synacor is paying less than 0.5x sales. The deal is expected to be accretive to 2016 adjusted EBITDA.
- Synacor claims Technorati serves over 1,000 publishers and 100M+ monthly unique users. CEO Himesh Bhise: "Combining Technorati's publisher network, SmartWrapper header bidding solution, and advertising technology with Synacor's existing portal network and monetization engine creates a large-scale Media Solutions Platform."
- Advertising accounted for 45% of Synacor's Q3 revenue. Q4 results aren't due until March 16.
Nov. 11, 2015, 5:59 PM
- In addition to beating Q3 estimates, Synacor (NASDAQ:SYNC) is guiding for Q4 revenue of $29M-$31M, above a $28.9M 3-analyst consensus. Q4 adjusted EBITDA guidance is at $0.8M-$1.8M, and full-year guidance has been hiked to $5.5M-$6.5M from $3.5M-$5M.
- Top-line performance/metrics: Subscription-based revenue (possibly boosted by the Zimbra acquisition) rose 23% Y/Y in Q3 to $7M. Search/ad revenue fell 6% to $19.4M, with search's decline offsetting a 17% increase in ad revenue to $12M. Multi-platform unique visitors averaged 20.6M vs. 20M in Q2 and 20.7M a year ago.
- Financials: GAAP costs/expenses fell 9% Y/Y to $27.2M - $4.4M was spent on R&D, $4.3M on sales/marketing, and $3.7M on G&A. Synacor ended Q3 with $15.6M in cash, annd $4.9M in credit line debt.
- Shares have risen to $1.62 after hours.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 11, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Synacor (NASDAQ:SYNC): Q3 EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $26.35M (+0.5% Y/Y) beats by $2.88M.
- Shares +12.7%.
Nov. 10, 2015, 5:35 PM
Aug. 18, 2015, 5:58 PM
- Zimbra provides Web-based, open-source, e-mail and calendar/collaboration software to 500+ service providers, 1,000+ government and financial institutions, and 200K+ businesses. Synacor (NASDAQ:SYNC) is buying the company for $24.5M - $17.3M in cash, 3M shares, 0.6M warrants, and up to $2M worth of earn-outs.
- Synacor, whose business model revolves around white-label software/services for ISPs and pay-TV providers, states the purchase will make it the largest provider of e-mail solutions for U.S. ISPs, and boost its international/enterprise expansion efforts. "Zimbra brings hundreds of millions of free and paying users in 135+ countries, adds new customers to Synacor's roster including 2500+ small business customers and 900+ government customers, and adds a valuable network of 1000+ value added resellers and 500+ hosting partners."
- The deal is expected to close within 45 days. Thanks to Zimbra, Synacor now expects 2015 revenue of $102M-$108M and adjusted EBITDA of $4M-$6M, up from prior guidance of $97M-$102M and $3.5M-$5M.
- With Synacor having a market cap of just $44M as of today's close, the deal is arguably a merger more than an acquisition.
Synacor, Inc. provides technology based services. The company is the technology development, multiplatform services and revenue partner for video, Internet and communications providers, and device manufacturers. Its technology offers solutions by providing their consumers access to online... More
Industry: Internet Information Providers
Country: United States
Other News & PR