Syntel: An Underrated Mid-Cap Gem
Thu, Jul. 21, 8:32 AM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM| Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM | 13 Comments
Thu, Apr. 21, 8:47 AM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
- ADS, ALK, AZZ, BANC, BBT, BHE, BIIB, BK, BX, CFG, CLS, COL, DAN, DGX, DHI, DHR, DOV, DST, ERIC, FAF, FCS, FITB, GM, GMT, HOMB, IMAX, JAKK, JCI, KCG, KEY, LAD, LAZ, LUV, MAN, MDSO, MDWD, NUE, NVR, NVS, PBCT, PHM, PII, POOL, PPG, PVTB, RS, SHW, SILC, SNA, SON, STC, SWK, SYNT, TCB, TRV, UA, UNP, USG, UTEK, VZ
Thu, Feb. 18, 8:34 AM
- Syntel (NASDAQ:SYNT): Q4 EPS of $0.88 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $254.58M (+8.2% Y/Y) in-line.
Wed, Feb. 17, 5:30 PM
- AAN, AAWW, AGIO, ALE, BCC, CAB, CBB, CHH, COT, CVI, CVRR, DAN, DISCA, DISH, DNR, DUK, EIGI, ETR, GEL, GOV, H, HCN, HII, HOT, IDA, IDCC, IQNT, IRT, LDOS, LH, MFA, MGM, MNTA, MPEL, MTRN, MZOR, NHI, NI, ONE, PAAS, PCG, POOL, PPP, PRGO, RS, SCG, SIX, SODA, SYNT, TK, TNK, TTC, UAN, UPL, VA, VAL, WAB, WM, WMT, WST
Oct. 21, 2015, 8:34 AM
- Syntel (NASDAQ:SYNT): Q3 EPS of $0.92 beats by $0.17.
- Revenue of $253.6M (+11.1% Y/Y) misses by $1.05M.
Oct. 20, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 20, 2015, 2:12 PM
- On a bleak day for equities, Syntel (NASDAQ:SYNT) is staying green thanks to an upgrade to Outperform from Baird's David Koning.
- Koning, whose target remains at $54, notes Syntel is the only IT/BPO services firm covered by Baird to have underperformed the S&P to date, and states Q2 trends appear better than Q1's. He also thinks 2015 EPS estimates will rise if the rupee remains weak.
- JPMorgan downgraded Syntel in early July, citing the impact of healthcare M&A. The company posted a Q2 EPS beat on July 23, but also cut the top ends of its full-year revenue and EPS guidance ranges by $10M and $0.10.
Jul. 23, 2015, 8:32 AM
- Syntel (NASDAQ:SYNT): Q2 EPS of $0.72 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $239.8M (+5.1% Y/Y) in-line.
Jul. 8, 2015, 2:55 PM
- Believing healthcare M&A strengthens its belief estimates are too high, JPMorgan has downgraded Syntel (NASDAQ:SYNT) to Underweight, and cut its target by $2 to $48.
- The firm notes Humana (set to be acquired by Aetna) is a major Syntel client, and thinks the deal could lead discretionary projects to be delayed. It adds 2015 sales guidance implies 7.5%-9.5% Q/Q growth for the rest of the year, compared with average growth of 4.8% over the last 4 years, and that recent news flow about Q2 layoffs could be a sign of weak near-term demand.
- The IT services provider now trades for 14x a 2016 EPS consensus of $3.11.
Apr. 23, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Syntel (NASDAQ:SYNT): Q1 EPS of $0.48 misses by $0.20.
- Revenue of $220.6M (+0.5% Y/Y) misses by $16.27M.
Feb. 19, 2015, 8:36 AM
- Syntel (NASDAQ:SYNT): Q4 EPS of $0.84 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $235.32M (+5.4% Y/Y) beats by $0.66M.
Feb. 18, 2015, 5:30 PM| Feb. 18, 2015, 5:30 PM | 7 Comments
Oct. 16, 2014, 8:32 AM
- Syntel (NASDAQ:SYNT): Q3 EPS of $1.47 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $228.33M (+8.8% Y/Y) misses by $8.62M.
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:30 PM
Syntel, Inc. engages in the provision of digital transformation, information technology and knowledge process outsourcing services. It operates through the following segments: Banking and Financial Services, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Insurance, Retail, Logistics, Telecom and Manufacturing.... More
Industry: Information Technology Services
Country: United States