TravelCenters of America LLCNYSEMKT
TravelCenters Of America Is Absurdly Cheap
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Fri, Sep. 30, 5:36 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 7:04 AM
Sun, Aug. 7, 5:30 PM
Mon, Jun. 20, 8:19 AM
- Effective July 1, Five Star Quality Care (NYSE:FVE), Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE:GOV), Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE:HPT), Select Income REIT (NYSE:SIR), Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH), and TravelCenters of America (NYSE:TA) will begin trading on the Nasdaq from the NYSE.
Fri, Jun. 17, 1:23 PM
- TravelCenters of America (TA +5.1%) moves higher a day after the company confirmed it sent a private equity firm (Golden Gate Capital) back out of the door after it approached about an asset buyout.
- Shares of TA are just a hair short of where they stood after the buyout news was first reported on Wednesday afternoon.
Wed, Jun. 15, 3:10 PM
- TravelCenters of America (NYSE:TA) spikes on reports the company rejected an offer from Golden Gate Capital late last year at $14 per share.
- Today's bounce is based in part on the belief of some traders that Golden Gate is still interested.
- TA is +25.2% to $8.46 vs. a 52-week range of $6.41 to $16.95.
- SA contributor Nick Gupta pointed out the potential for a buyout of TA or other path to $12 per share back in April.
Mon, May 9, 7:12 AM
- TravelCenters of America (NYSE:TA): Q1 EPS of -$0.26 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $1.16B (-17.7% Y/Y) misses by $240M.
Sun, May 8, 5:30 PM
Mon, Mar. 14, 12:45 PM
Mon, Mar. 14, 9:17 AM
Mon, Mar. 14, 7:07 AM
- TravelCenters of America (NYSE:TA): Q4 EPS of -$0.04 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.02.
- Revenue of $1.35B (-22.0% Y/Y) misses by $200M.
Sun, Mar. 13, 5:30 PM
Nov. 25, 2015, 9:26 AM
- The average price for a gallon of gas in the U.S. has now dropped to $2.06 per gallon - a mark that is 27% lower than where gas prices stood heading into the holiday period last year. Despite the extra dollars in the wallets of consumers, most forecasts for holiday retail sales are on the modest side (below 4%).
- The extended period of sub-$3 gas prices in the U.S. hasn't exactly lit consumer spending across broad retail on fire (just ask Wal-Mart) - although it has stoked auto sales for the Detroit Three (GM, F, FCAU). The regional casino sector (ISLE, PENN, BYD, ERI, MTN, MCRI) and cruise line stocks (NCLH, RCL) have also benefited more than major chain stores. Some have suggested that lower gas prices are also an understated driver for Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) and Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) which both score high on customer stickiness.
- What next? Seeking Alpha's Stock Pitch Contest on retail is still open until November 30 amid the reset on consumer spending expectations. Current long ideas include PLAY, FRAN, CASY, SKX, WMT, PSUN, HGG, PRTY, TJX, TA, VSTO - while short bets on WMAR, TIF, RT, AMZN, UA, LB, and OUTR are on record.
- Related ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXG, PBJ, IYK, IYC, FXD, PEJ, FDIS, RHS, FSTA, SCC, UCC, RCD, PMR, PEZ, UGE, PSL, PSCC, PSCD, SZK, BITE.
Nov. 9, 2015, 7:26 AM
- TravelCenters of America (NYSE:TA): Q3 EPS of $0.26 misses by $0.06.
- Revenue of $1.51B (-24.9% Y/Y) misses by $140M.
Nov. 8, 2015, 5:30 PM
Aug. 6, 2015, 7:26 AM
- TravelCenters of America (NYSE:TA): Q2 EPS of $0.10 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.39.
- Revenue of $1.58B (-24.0% Y/Y) misses by $180M.