What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Jun. 4, 2015, 10:26 AM
- A healthy round of reports from retail chains and more firming up of the labor market has the retail sector ahead of market averages
- Outperformers include Buckle (BKE +3.4%), Five Below (FIVE +7.3%), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF +1.8%), L Brands (LB +1.8%), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO +2.2%), Citi Trends (CTRN +2.1%), Express (EXPR +1.4%), Urban Outfitters (URBN +1.6%), Wayfair (W +1.3%), and TravelCenters of America (TA +0.9%).
- The S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is also positive on the day with most broad market averages in the red.
Jun. 2, 2015, 9:21 AM
Apr. 30, 2015, 12:02 PM
- RDG Capital announces it has held "constructive dialogue" with TravelCenters of America (TA +1.8%).
- The stakeholder says TravelCenters is considering the monetization of real estate assets.
- RDG maintains shares of TravelCenters would be worth $24 to $27 if the real estate lever is pulled.
- Previously: 52-week high for TravelCenters of America after P-E firm issues letter to board (Feb. 25)
Mar. 23, 2015, 12:30 PM
- Shares of TravelCenters of America (TA +7.3%) skip higher to set new 52-week highs.
- Though the company has seen the expected drop in fuel revenue, its fuel gross margin rate has actually improved and nonfuel sales are up at a double-digit rate.
- The stock is now up 36.4% YTD.
Feb. 25, 2015, 2:13 PM
- TravelCenters of America (TA +6.8%) rallies to a 52-week high after RDG Capital Fund Management recommends new initiatives to the company's board.
- The P-E firm thinks TravelCenters should institute a sales leaseback of real estate assets and spin off the truck repair services business.
Sep. 30, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 30, 2014, 9:11 AM
Mar. 19, 2014, 12:35 PM
- A check of other REITs externally managed by the Portnoys' Reit Management & Research - and thus possibly activist targets - finds no noticeable reaction to the dissident shareholder victory which likely means the removal of the entire CommonWealth board.
- Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT -1.7%), Senior Housing Properties (SNH), Government Properties Income Trust (GOV -0.4%), Select Income REIT (SIR -0.8%), RMR Real Estate Income Fund (RIF +0.1%). Other companies (not REITs managed by RMR): Five Star Quality Care (FVE -0.3%), TravelCenters of America (TA -1.2%).
Dec. 10, 2013, 9:10 AM
Dec. 9, 2013, 5:47 PM
Aug. 6, 2013, 12:48 PM
Aug. 6, 2013, 9:22 AM
- Shares of TravelCenters of America (TA) are off nearly 18% before the bell after the company badly misses on the bottom line for Q2.
- Net income falls 46% Y/Y for the quarter as crimped fuel margins take a bite out of EBITDAR. Higher depreciation and amortization also weighed on results.
- Commenting, CEO Thomas O'Brien says the results are "reflective of softer industry conditions." (PR)
May 7, 2013, 12:52 PM
Mar. 18, 2013, 12:48 PM
Jan. 24, 2013, 12:45 PM
Jan. 24, 2013, 11:59 AM
TravelCenters of America LLC operates and franchises travel center and convenience store locations. Its products and services include diesel fuel and gasoline, truck repair and maintenance services, full service restaurants, among others.
Other News & PR