Dec. 3, 2015, 12:59 PM
Nov. 19, 2015, 6:02 AM
- Taomee (NYSE:TAOM): Q3 EPS of $0.00 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $10.28M (-16.7% Y/Y) misses by $5.88M.
Aug. 26, 2015, 6:55 AM
- Taomee (NYSE:TAOM) reports net revenues from mobile business grew 10.6% to $0.77M.
- Net revenues from PC business decreased 18% to $6.31M mainly due to the decrease in active paying accounts.
- Net revenues from offline business fell 25.4% to $1.61M.
- Gross margin rate declined 360 bps to 65.1%.
- Active paying accounts dropped 54.5% Y/Y to 0.5M in the quarter.
- Q2 results
Aug. 26, 2015, 6:29 AM
- Taomee (NYSE:TAOM): Q2 EPS of -$0.04 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $8.69M (-17.6% Y/Y) beats by $0.19M.
Jul. 7, 2015, 10:42 AM
- The selloff in Chinese equities refuses to let up: Shanghai fell 1.3% overnight, Shenzhen fell 5.3%, and Hong Kong fell 2.7%. The declines come amid a backdrop of frantic government efforts to halt the plunge, and requests by hundreds of Chinese companies for trading halts.
- The lion's share of U.S.-traded Chinese Web and mobile firms are down at least 5%, and many are down more than twice that. In alphabetical order by ticker, major decliners include Autohome (ATHM -10.6%), Bitauto (BITA -18.7%), Baozun (BZUN -22.7%), ChinaCache (CCIH -14.6%), Cheetah Mobile (CMCM -15.2%), China Mobile Games (CMGE -13.2%), Ctrip (CTRP -10.1%), Changyou (CYOU -12.6%), Dangdang (DANG -13.8%), iDreamSky (DSKY -15.4%), E-House (EJ -15.9%), Jumei (JMEI -20.2%), Leju (LEJU -12.1%), eLong (LONG -12.6%), Momo (MOMO -9.4%), NQ Mobile (NQ -16.7%), NetEase (NTES -12.2%), Qihoo (QIHU -10.3%), Qunar (QUNR -14.2%), Renren (RENN -17.8%), SouFun (SFUN -16.3%), Sohu (SOHU -10.9%), Taomee (TAOM -15.1%), Vipshop (VIPS -9.7%), Weibo (WB -10.9%), 500.com (WBAI -26.2%), Wowo (WOWO -26.7%), 58.com (WUBA -17.3%), Xunlei (XNET -14%), Youku (YOKU -12.2%), and YY (YY -9.4%).
- The plunge seen over the last two months (aided by panic selling and margin calls?) has led multiples for U.S.-traded Chinese tech names to compress dramatically, with forward P/E and P/S ratios often below those of U.S. peers sporting similar growth profiles. The Guggenheim China Tech ETF (CQQQ -9.3%) is down 29% from a May peak of $45.64.
- ETFs: KWEB, QQQC, EMQQ
- Yesterday: Chinese tech stocks tumble again in spite of fresh government support
- Earlier today: Chinese phone firms decline as country's markets sink
- Update: The group pared its losses a bit in afternoon trading. CQQQ closed down 5.8%.
Jun. 1, 2015, 12:48 PM
May 21, 2015, 7:27 AM
- Taomee (NYSE:TAOM): Q1 EPS of -$0.03 beats by $0.05.
- Revenue of $9.01M (-23.0% Y/Y) beats by $0.26M.
Apr. 8, 2015, 10:58 AM
- Following a big overnight rally in Hong Kong (followed a 3-day holiday during which Shanghai rallied), beaten-down Chinese Internet and mobile stocks have soared in U.S. trading.
- The biggest gainers include many names that are far below their 2014 highs: The group includes Qihoo (QIHU +10.5%), YY (YY +14.9%), Taomee (TAOM +14.3%), Sina (SINA +8.7%), and Weibo (WB +12.1%). Mobile game publishers Sky-mobi (MOBI +12.6%), China Mobile Games (CMGE +8%), and iDreamSky (DSKY +13.4%) are also sharply higher, as are online real estate plays SouFun (SFUN +13.1%), E-House (EJ +6.1%), and Leju (LEJU +9.8%).
- Giants Alibaba (BABA +3.4%) and Baidu (BIDU +4.1%) aren't being left out. Neither are Youku (YOKU +7.5%), 21Vianet (VNET +7.4%), Momo (MOMO +6.8%), Sohu (SOHU +7.7%), Changyou (CYOU +4.5%), Dangdang (DANG +7.3%), Vipshop (VIPS +4.8%), JD.com (JD +3.9%), Jumei (JMEI +6.6%), Sungy Mobile (GOMO +5.8%), China Techfaith (CNTF +7.1%), and KongZhong (KZ +5.5%).
- Alibaba has proposed an asset injection into its money-losing Alibaba Pictures (+36% in Hong Kong) film arm. Sky-mobi has seen Rosenblatt (Buy) hike its target to $11, while noting many Chinese mobile game developers have been bought out; it thinks Sky-mobi's investments in developers could be worth $140M. NetEase has been upgraded by CICC Research.
- Over in Hong Kong, software/cloud services provider Kingsoft (OTCPK:KSFTF) rose 24.2% to HKD$29.50. Messaging/gaming giant Tencent (OTCPK:TCEHY) rose 3.3% to HKD$154.80.
- ETFs: KWEB, CQQQ, QQQC
Mar. 17, 2015, 7:40 AM
- Taomee (NYSE:TAOM): Q4 EPS of $0.02 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $7.6M (-30.5% Y/Y) beats by $1M.
Feb. 9, 2015, 12:46 PM
Jan. 26, 2015, 7:11 AM
- Taomee (NYSE:TAOM) declares $0.0325/share special dividend.
- Payable Feb. 17; for shareholders of record Feb. 6; ex-div Feb. 4.
Nov. 25, 2014, 6:24 AM
- Taomee (NYSE:TAOM): Q3 EPS of $0.09 beats by $0.08.
- Revenue of $12.3M (-22.1% Y/Y) misses by $0.67M.
Aug. 26, 2014, 6:32 AM
- Taomee (NYSE:TAOM): Q2 EPS of $0.01 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $10.5M (-12.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.3M.
May 20, 2014, 12:46 PM
May 20, 2014, 7:20 AM
- Taomee Holdings (TAOM): Q1 EPS of $0.03.
- Revenue of $11.7M (+21.9% Y/Y).
Mar. 12, 2014, 12:47 PM
Taomee Holdings Ltd. engages in the provision of children oriented online services. The company operates its business through two segments: Online Business and Offline Business. The Online Business segment develops and operates online virtual worlds and other online entertainment services, as... More
Industry: Business Services
Other News & PR