Wed, Nov. 11, 4:56 PM
- "[W]e believe recent challenges by a competitor to our VULink patent (specifically the automatic triggers covered by the patent) caused confusion and concern within our marketplace, our customer base and among potential customers," says Digital Ally (NASDAQ:DGLY) CEO Stanton Ross in the Q3 report.
- In September, Taser (NASDAQ:TASR) stated the USPTO had rejected all 20 claims in DGLY's '292 patent (USPTO filing), whose automatic trigger covers the ability of body cameras and in-car video systems to begin automatically recording without being manually turned on by an officer. DGLY responded by noting the USPTO hasn't made a final determination regarding the patent, and that the reexamination process is far from over.
- Q3 details: Revenue rose by $400K Y/Y to $5.1M, but fell by $500K Q/Q. Gross margin fell to 40% from 54.9% in Q2 and 52.8% a year ago; a camera cable connector upgrade for the FirstVU HD body camera (led to $850K in scrap costs) is blamed. SG&A spend rose 19% Y/Y to $4.2M.
- DGLY ended Q3 with $7.8M in cash thanks to the $11.2M in net proceeds received from a July stock/warrant offering. Shares have plunged to $5.65 after hours.
- DGLY's Q3 results, PR
Tue, Nov. 3, 7:40 AM
- Net income of $1.5M, or $0.03 per diluted share vs. $7.6M, or $0.14 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2014.
- Revenue by segment: Taser Weapons: -1.2%; Axon +150.2%.
- Total Axon and Evidence.com bookings increased 141% to $36.9M from $15.3M a year ago.
- R&D expenses +75% to $6.5M; SG&A expenses +44% to 17.8M.
- TASR -5% premarket
- Q3 results
Tue, Nov. 3, 6:09 AM
Mon, Nov. 2, 5:30 PM
- ADM, AFSI, ALE, AMAG, AMSC, ANAC, ANIP, ARIA, AUDC, AXLL, AYR, BLMN, CBM, CDK, CEQP, CIE, CIT, DISCA, DNOW, EMR, EXPD, FI, FIS, FLWS, FSS, FTR, GCAP, GEL, GLDD, GLT, GTN, H, HCP, HRS, HTH, HW, HYH, IART, INCY, K, KMT, LPX, MBLY, MDCO, MHFI, MLM, MMP, MOS, NCLH, NGLS, NI, NMM, NNN, NRZ, NS, [[NTi]], NWN, NXST, NXTM, ODP, OZM, PERI, RDC, RHP, RRGB, SALE, SGNT, SMG, SRE, SSH, SUP, TASR, TGH, TRP, TWI, TZOO, UAM, UNT, VMC, VSH, WLK, WNR, WPC, WPG, ZTS
Thu, Jul. 30, 2:34 PM
- In a storyline that Facebook can relate to, Taser (NASDAQ:TASR) is selling off in spite of posting a moderate Q2 beat, thanks to the high expectations priced into shares following a big 12-month rally.
- Weapon sales rose 15.8% Y/Y to $37.8M, with a $7.5M increase in smart weapon sales offsetting a $3.1M drop in sales of the legacy X26 CEW (discontinued at the end of 2014). Axon body camera/cloud evidence storage sales rose 97.5% to $8.9M - camera sales rose by $1.7M, and services revenue by $2.1M. Axon/Evidence.com bookings rose 170% to $30.6M.
- Gross margin rose 340 bps Y/Y to 65.8%, with Axon segment GM rising to 47% from 26.7%. SG&A spend rose 14% to $15.4M, and R&D spend 74% to $5.9M.
- Q2 results, PR
Thu, Jul. 30, 6:58 AM
Thu, Apr. 30, 6:57 AM
Thu, Feb. 26, 8:02 AM
- Net income of $5.1M, or $0.09 per diluted share, vs. $5.4M, or $0.10 per diluted share in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- Revenue by segment: Taser weapons: +7.7%; Axon +159.4%.
- Total Axon and Evidence.com bookings increased 371.6% to $24.6M from $5.2M a year ago.
- The company completed $22.4M of stock repurchases during the quarter, purchasing approximately 1.7M shares for an average cost of $12.99 per share.
- Q4 results
- TASR -5.6% premarket
Thu, Feb. 26, 7:33 AM
Fri, Jan. 9, 8:14 AM
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:11 AM
- Net income of $7.6M, or $0.14 per diluted share, vs. $5.1M, or $0.10 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2013.
- Revenue by segment: Taser weapons: +26.5%; Evidence.com & video +21.5%.
- The company completed $2.9M of stock repurchases during the quarter, purchasing approximately 0.2M shares for an average cost of $11.94 per share.
- Q3 results
- TASR +5.7% premarket
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:37 AM
Oct. 1, 2014, 10:46 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 9:33 AM
- Taser (TASR +14.3%) reports that Q2 net income dropped to $3.9M, or $0.07 per diluted share, from $4.5M, or $0.08 per diluted share Y/Y.
- Adjusted EBITDA fell to $9M from $9.5M Y/Y.
- Net sales climbed 15.5% Y/Y to $37.2M from $32.2M driven by law enforcement weapon handle sales. The sales increase drove gross margin to 62.4% from 61.4% in the same period a year ago.
- The Company completed $19.6M of stock repurchases during the quarter, purchasing approximately 1.5M shares for an average cost of $13.16 per share.
- Q2 earnings
Jul. 30, 2014, 7:38 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 7:37 AM
Taser International Inc develops, manufactures & sells conducted electrical weapons ('CEWs') designed for use in law enforcement, military, corrections, private security & personal defense. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Other News & PR