TASER International, Inc.NASDAQ
Taser International: Body Cam Business Beyond Priced For Perfection
WarrenPuppet • 27 Comments
WarrenPuppet • 27 Comments
Thu, Nov. 10, 12:27 PM
- Taser International (TASR +12.3%) soars after reporting better than expected Q3 earnings on 43% higher revenues Y/Y, which analysts at Craig Hallum say was TASR's most impressive quarter in the firm's nearly 10 years covering the company (Briefing.com).
- TASR weapons revenues rose 34% Y/Y, the segment's largest growth since Q4 2012, as the new TASER 60 plan is driving significant business, both new and upgraded.
- While TASR's plan may pull forward revenue from future years, Craig Hallum's group believes that ultimately, by spreading payments over 60 months, the plan will turn what is now an 8-10 year upgrade cycle into a five-year upgrade cycle, and be a net positive for the company.
- Oppenheimer analysts believe TASR is maintaining the right strategy to become a technology leader to police departments, but it will require investor patience, as agencies are slow to change.
- Also, TASR said CFO Dan Behrendt will be stepping down after 12 years with the company.
Thu, Nov. 10, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: TUBE +82%. SODA +18%. AHT +11%. AEG +10%. ZLTQ +10%. NAT +9%. TASR +9%. MTL +9%. SHAK +8%. KSS +8%. EBIO +8%. UBS +8%. PUK +7%. FCEL +8%. ARIA +6%. FCX +6%. RBS +6%. ENDP +6%. BCS +6%. CS +5%.
- Losers: SUNW -31%. ANTH -19%. BVX -14%. NVAX -11%. WUBA -11%. BBD -8%. SEDG -7%. RRR -6%. AZN -6%. VIV -6%. SBS -5%. NGG -5%.
Wed, Nov. 9, 5:36 PM
Wed, Nov. 9, 4:02 PM
Tue, Nov. 8, 5:35 PM
- APPS, APU, ATHX, ATO, CALL, CHMI, COTV, CPST, CSRA, CUI, CYTX, DIOD, ECPG, ECYT, EGAN, ENS, ETE, ETP, EVH, EVOK, EVRI, FF, FLO, FR, GALE, GDOT, GLF, HLIT, ICUI, INFI, JUNO, MACK, MIME, MNKD, MNTX, MRIN, MYL, NNI, NTES, NVAX, OMER, PAHC, PLKI, PRI, QHC, QNST, RBA, RELY, RPD, RTK, SEDG, SGRY, SHAK, SLF, SLW, SPTN, SPWR, SREV, SUN, SXL, TASR, TCRD, TCS, TPIC, TTEC, TTEK, TTGT, TUBE, UGI, UHAL, VRTU, VVUS, WAGE, WUBA, XON, XONE, YUME, ZLTQ
Fri, Oct. 14, 7:35 AM
- Digital Ally (NASDAQ: DGLY) says that on October 13, 2016, the Federal District Court issued a ruling that denied the request of Taser International (NASDAQ:TASR) to continue the stay of discovery on the Antitrust claims included in Digital Ally's lawsuit against Taser.
- The ruling allows Digital Ally to commence discovery, which eventually will include requests for production of documents, interrogatories, and depositions of Taser employees, former employees and consultants. The ruling also will also allow Digital Ally to undertake discovery of Taser's customers beginning with subpoenas, production of documents and, in time, depositions of the customer's employees, former employees, officials and consultants.
- The Company filed suit on January 15, 2016 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas (Case No: 2:16-cv-02032) against Taser, alleging that Taser willfully infringed the '292 Patent by selling and offering to sell its Axon Signal auto-activation technology. On February 2, 2016, the Company amended its complaint against Taser, which among other claims added a new set of claims to the lawsuit alleging that Taser conspired to keep Digital Ally out of the marketplace by engaging in improper, unethical, and unfair competition. The lawsuit alleges Taser bribed officials and otherwise conspired to secure no-bid contracts for its products in violation of both state law and federal antitrust law.
- Taser has filed a motion to dismiss the antitrust claims in the lawsuit that is still pending before the court.
- Source: Press Release
Mon, Oct. 3, 12:45 PM
Mon, Oct. 3, 10:56 AM
- Taser International (TASR -12.5%) tumbles following a report late Friday from the NY Daily News that the New York Police Department had awarded a five-year $6.4M body camera contract to Seattle-based rival Vievu; TASR had been considered a likely winner of the contract.
- Ladenburg Thalmann downgrades TASR to Neutral from Buy following the report, also citing an elevated valuation in the stock.
Mon, Oct. 3, 9:22 AM
Fri, Sep. 30, 5:36 PM
Thu, Sep. 29, 8:55 AM
- Taser (NASDAQ:TASR) has received an order for a total of 1,604 X26P Smart Weapons from the Las Vegas Metro Police Department.
- "Our mission is to make a TASER CEW available to every officer, so they have the best options available to avoid injury or death," announced LVMPD Sheriff Joseph Lombardo.
- TASR shares are up 67% YTD.
Fri, Sep. 23, 3:57 AM
- A curfew went into effect in Charlotte at midnight, as a third night of protests erupted following the police shooting of Keith Scott.
- The latest uprising comes after one person was killed, 44 people were arrested and multiple businesses were destroyed in previous riots.
- His family was shown footage of the death yesterday, but their lawyer said the video angle couldn't reveal whether Scott was holding a gun.
- Related tickers: TASR, DGLY, SWHC, RGR, VSTO
Thu, Sep. 22, 2:40 AM
- North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory declared a state of emergency in Charlotte last night after violent new protests erupted over the police shooting of Keith Scott.
- Several officers were injured and one of the protesters was on life support after being shot by another civilian.
- Related stocks rallied yesterday in response to the growing unrest: (TASR +4.4%), (DGLY +2.4%), (SWHC +1.8%), (RGR +2.8%), (VSTO +1.7%).
Wed, Sep. 21, 8:04 AM
Thu, Aug. 4, 4:33 PM
Wed, Aug. 3, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, ABTL, ACAD, ACHN, ACXM, AHS, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALNY, AMBR, AMH, AMRS, ANET, ASYS, ATRC, ATVI, BBG, BLDR, BMRN, BRS, CARA, CBPO, CERS, CINR, CPSI, CPST, CSOD, CTRL, CYTX, DCO, DCT, DMD, EBS, ECOM, ECPG, ECYT, ED, EFC, EGOV, EOG, ESL, EVDY, EVH, FCE.A, FEYE, FFG, FLDM, FLR, FLT, FPRX, FRPT, FRT, FTD, GCAP, GDOT, GEOS, GSAT, GSBD, GST, GTY, GXP, HDP, HE, HTGC, ICON, IILG, IMMR, IMPV, INAP, INGN, IRWD, IVR, JMBA, JUNO, KHC, KMPR, KND, KTOS, KW, LADR, LBTYA, LGF, LNKD, LOCO, LOPE, MACK, MDRX, MELI, MHK, MHLD, MITT, MMI, MNST, MNTX, MRIN, MSI, MTX, MTZ, NAVG, NDLS, NFG, NNI, NOG, NUS, OEC, OLED, OREX, OUT, OVAS, PACB, PCLN, PDLI, PETX, PFMT, PGRE, PKI, POST, PRSS, PSIX, PTCT, RATE, REGI, RMAX, RPTP, RRMS, RTRX, RVNC, SEM, SEMG, SHOR, SMCI, SPXC, SSNI, SWIR, SYMC, SYRG, TASR, TCRD, TEAM, TRMR, TRUE, TSRO, TTWO, TWOU, TXMD, UBNT, UEIC, VVUS, WAIR, WEB, WIFI, WING, WTI, WTS, WTW, ZG, ZNGA