Tue, Feb. 17, 9:50 AM
- Q4 earnings of $8.1M or $0.33 per share vs. $6.7M and $0.29 one year ago.
- Combined net interest margin of 6.86% slips 8 eight basis points from a year ago.
- No medallion loans 90 days or more past due; for the combined portfolio loans 90 days or more past due of 0.4% down 20 basis points from last year.
- Year-end medallion loans of $311.9M up 5% from a year ago. Commercial loan portfolio of $71.1M up 18%.
- With the release of year-end results, company expects to soon no longer be restricted from buying back stock and intends to soon begin repurchases.
- Previously: Medallion Financial beats by $0.02 (Feb. 17)
- TAXI +1%
Tue, Feb. 17, 9:17 AM
Dec. 10, 2014, 9:47 AM| 2 Comments
Aug. 4, 2014, 10:23 AM| 4 Comments
Jun. 16, 2014, 3:03 PM
- It was raining hard in Frisco ... TAXI tumbles 6.8% with an open market sale of 20.3K shares of stock by Chairman and CEO Alvin Murstein one bit of notable news floating about.
- Longer term of interest to Medallion Financial investors would be the threat to its business model posed by Uber (which just raised $1.2B at a $17B valuation), Lyft, and Sidecar.
Dec. 3, 2013, 9:28 AM| Comment!
May. 16, 2012, 9:05 AM
Oct. 21, 2011, 3:54 PMMedallion Financial (TAXI +5.1%), provider of financing for taxicab medallions in some major U.S. cities, speeds to a three-year high on a NYT report that NYC taxi medallion prices hit a record $1M, up from $10 when first issued in 1937. Not a bad investment: The value of a medallion is up 1,900% since 1981. | 2 Comments
TAXI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR