First Trust NASDAQ Technology Dividend Index ETFNASDAQ
Mon, Nov. 21, 4:35 AM
- Global dividends fell at the fastest pace since mid-2015 in Q3 as American dividend growth slowed to a post-crisis low.
- According to the Henderson global dividend index, U.S. payouts fell to $100.4B, down 7% on a headline basis.
- Payments were constrained by subdued profit growth, which can partly be explained by a strong dollar, alongside higher levels of debt, causing management to take a cautious approach when deploying cash.
- ETFs: DVY, VIG, VYM, SDY, BDCL, SCHD, HDV, NOBL, BDCS, DIV, SPHD, SDOG, ADX, KBWD, DLN, DES, PEY, HTD, BIZD, DON, TDIV, DGRW, DHS, FDL, DTD, FVD, SMHD, DVYL, FGB, PFM, HDLV, SDYL, DGRO, JTD, DOD, HIE, QDF, RDIV, DGRS, LCEAX, SPYD, RDVY, DIVC, SMDV, QDYN, QDEF, REGL, CDC, QINC, LEAD, LVHD, LBDC, ELKU, FDRR, FDVV
Wed, Sep. 21, 9:26 AM
- First Trust Indxx Global Agriculture ETF (NASDAQ:FTAG) - $0.053.
- First Trust Nasdaq Cybersecurity ETF (NASDAQ:CIBR) - $0.006.
- First Trust BICK Index Fund (NASDAQ:BICK) - $0.149.
- First Trust ISE Global Engineering and Construction Index Fund (NYSEARCA:FLM) - $0.096.
- First Trust Nasdaq Smartphone Index Fund (NASDAQ:FONE) - $0.188.
- First Trust NASDAQ Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Fund (NASDAQ:GRID) - $0.104.
- First Trust NASDAQ Rising Dividend Achievers ETF (NASDAQ:RDVY) (RDVY) - $0.079.
- First Trust NASDAQ Technology Dividend Index Fund (NASDAQ:TDIV) - $0.163.
- Payable Sept. 30; for shareholders of record Sept. 23; ex-div Sept. 21.
- Press Release
Tue, Jul. 12, 10:51 AM
- Because they historically haven't been yield names, tech stocks tend to be underweighted in dividend ETFs. The Vanguard Dividend Appreciation Index (NYSEARCA:VIG), the SPDR S&P Dividend (NYSEARCA:SDY), and the iShares Select Dividend (NYSEARCA:DVY) have 10%, 4%, and 2% of their assets, respectively, in tech.
- For those looking for more tech exposure in their dividend ETF, the First Trust Nasdaq Technology Dividend Index (NASDAQ:TDIV) has mostly big-cap tech and telecom services companies which have paid and not cut a dividend in the past year. Apple, Cisco, Qualcomm, Microsoft, and IBM are among the top-10 holdings.
- The WisdomTree U.S. Quality Dividend ETF (NASDAQ:DGRW) has 19% of its holdings in tech.
- The Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF (NYSEARCA:SCHD) and FlexShares Quality Dividend Defensive ETF (NYSEARCA:QDEF) each have double-digit percentage of AUM in tech.
Jan. 2, 2014, 3:03 PM
- The First Trust High Income ETF (FTHI) and Low Beta Income ETF (FTLB) will use index options as a complement to its equity holdings.
- The Nasdaq Rising Dividend Achievers ETF (RDVY) tracks an index of 50 companies with a history of raising payouts, and "that exhibit the characteristics to potentially continue doing so in the future."
- Nasdaq indices are used in a number of well-followed dividend ETFs such as PowerShares' High Yield Dividend Achievers Portfolio (PEY) and PowerShares' Dividend Achievers Portfolio (PFM).
- For its part, FirstTrust's other dividend ETFs include the Nasdaq Technology Index Fund (TDIV) and the Value Line Dividend Index Fund (FVD).
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, IDV, VIG, SDY, VYM, SDIV, HDV, SCHD, DWX, KBWD, PID, DES, DTN, PEY, SPHD, DIV, DHS, DLN, LVL, DTD, DGRW, DON, FDL, PFM, FVD, FGD, DOO, NOBL, DOL, SDYL, DVYL, DEW, IDOG, HGI, DGRS, DNL, DGRE, DVYA, RDIV, QDF, QDEF, EMDG, QDYN, IQDF, IQDY, IQDE, WDIV, FIEG