Feb. 27, 2014, 3:22 AM
- Telefonica's (TEF) Q4 net profit more than tripled to €1.45B ($1.98B) from €473M a year earlier, when earnings were hit by hefty write-downs. The latest figure topped consensus of €1.16B.
- Sales declined 8.9% to €14.43B vs expectations of €14.3B, with the fall partly due to revenue lost from asset sales and currency fluctuations in Latin America.
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortization fell 8.7% to €4.98B but exceeded forecasts of €4.91B.
- Latin American sales +9.6%, Europe -8.6%, again hurt by a price war in Spain.
- Debt fell to €45.4B from €46.1B at the end of Q3 and came in below Telefonica's year-end target of €47B.
- Telefonica left its dividend at €0.75 a share, which it will pay in shares and cash. (PR)
- Telefonica's earnings come after it yesterday unveiled a €1.5B cost-savings program.
Feb. 28, 2013, 4:12 AM
Telefónica SA is an integrated telecommunications operator, providing communication, information and entertainment solutions. It provides Multinational, Large Enterprise, SME and Wholesale solutions. The company provides its products under the brands of Movistar, O2, Vivo. The company is also... More
Industry: Telecom Services - Foreign
Other News & PR