Fri, Jan. 9, 12:47 PM
Dec. 22, 2014, 10:06 AM
- Tesco (TESO -7.9%) opens sharply lower after providing a disappointing outlook for its current quarter, saying the drop in energy prices is hurting demand for its drilling equipment.
- TESO now sees sees adjusted Q4 EPS of $0.10-$0.15 vs. $0.32 analyst consensus estimate. and does not expect Q4 revenues to improve from Q3's $142M (consensus is for ~$150M).
- TESO says some of its customers have asked to defer shipments of drilling equipment until next year, while others have canceled orders altogether.
Mar. 11, 2014, 9:12 AM
Aug. 7, 2013, 2:17 PM
- It's a good day to be a Tesco (TESO +9.3%) shareholder as the stock soars on the back of the company's Q2 report.
- Revenue from TESO's tubular services segment rose 26% Y/Y. Operating margins in the segment were 22% versus 11% in Q2 2012 thanks to higher CDS equipment sales. (PR)
- Asked on the CC whether higher margins for tubular services are sustainable, CEO Julio Manuel Quintana says that "overall, [the business has] shifted ... from single-digit, low-teens to a high-teens business, and we believe we can keep it there." (transcript)
Aug. 6, 2012, 11:49 AMTesco Energy (TESO -14.5%) shares drop sharply after the company's disappointing Q2 results. Tesco's $13.1M in net income included a $13.3M pre-tax gain on the sale of its Casing Drilling business. Revenues grew to $136.7M from $117.3M in the prior-year quarter, but analysts expected revenues of ~10% more. | Aug. 6, 2012, 11:49 AM | 1 Comment
Apr. 30, 2012, 11:14 AM
Feb. 27, 2012, 3:29 PM
Nov. 7, 2011, 2:21 PMEnergy drilling equipment supplier Tesco (TESO -18.5%) is having a bad day following a soft Q3 report: Revenue of $127M (+36% Y/Y) and EPS of $0.10 missed consensus by $3.3M and $0.23. The company blames the EPS shortfall on higher-than-expected costs. Rival Newpark Resources (NR -3.9%) is also selling off. | Nov. 7, 2011, 2:21 PM | Comment!
TESO vs. ETF Alternatives
Tesco Corp is engaged in designing, manufacturing and service delivery of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry. Its products and service offerings consist of equipment sales and services to drilling contractors.
Other News & PR